• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

MissDeliana

Second Lieutenant
28 Badges
Jul 3, 2018
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Empire of Sin - Deluxe Edition
  • Empire of Sin
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Revelations
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Sign Up
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Age of Wonders III
  • BATTLETECH
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Victoria 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
EoS_Goldie_BlogHeader.png

Goldie Garneau is due on stage in five minutes when she notices she has blood on her dress. Sure, she should have worn the red one, but hindsight is 20/20. She anticipated disposing of some competition tonight, but she didn’t count on her enemy being an Anglophile who berated her Quebecois pride. The fact that the poor unfortunate aggravated her roots just made the erasure all the more… passionate.

Now, as any professional entertainer knows, the show must go on, and Goldie knows the sacrifices required in leading a double life. If anyone asks, the stains can be chalked down to red wine, in keeping with the frivolous, carefree persona Goldie would have the city of Chicago believe. Beneath it all, Goldie has taken the cutthroat mentality of the entertainment industry and applied it all too literally to anyone who challenges her. As a proud Francophone, she does not take kindly to any attempt at oppression, and for those silly enough to try, she can guarantee that “Au revoir” will be the last sound falling on dead ears.

Her career started in her native Montreal, running booze by the boatload down the St. Lawrence River, through the Great Lakes, and on toward the city of Chicago. She is overly protective of her past, and should anyone find out too much, it could mean another stain on her dress.

For an occupation as audacious and risque as a runner, she needed a deterrent, a cover as equally bold. Enter Goldie Garneau the showgirl. It certainly helps that she has the talent to back it up. No law enforcement officer would suspect a voice that sweet to be involved in any kind of criminal enterprise, especially when they’re held by such a captive performer, running two shows a night, six nights a week. As Goldie quickly found out, it’s easier to watch your back when you keep everyone in front of you and stand three feet above them. As a formidable contender in prohibition Chicago and hailing from an origin of civil unrest, Goldie has enemies everywhere. Lucky then, that like her performing, she is a natural at keeping them in check.

The following is the copy text, taken from the entertainment poster for the “Goldie Garneau Stage Show”;

THE GLITTERING GOLDIE GARNEAU STAGE SHOW
Trading_Card_Large_GoldieGarneau.png

Trés Charmant!… And nothing else can describe the grace, wonder, and sheer danger of Goldie Garneau’s Stage Show. The voice of woven silk, unique, enchanting, and without a peer the whole state over. With scintillating performances that create a furor from here to East Pilsen, Goldie has proved herself indispensable to the modern showhouse, yours to see, hear, and revere right in your own neighborhood. You never know the capacity of your dollar until you have seen Goldie Garneau perform her up-to-date romantic jazz music. The spellbinding performance demands you part with your hard-earned cash, often whether you want to or not.

The eyes have it! The soul-stirring Goldie Garneau swoons audiences with the voice of a new world. But it is the mystery behind those eyes that elevates her above all other stars. Blazing with a heartache, whose origin remains taboo, jeweled with melody, spiced with an unpredictability that tops the stars of all other entertainment venues in drawing power, Goldie owns the monopoly on theater citywide.

“No one sells the soul of a song like Goldie. A special production in every sense of the word,” says The Chicago News. A magnificent and true tribute. Goldie has the charm and raw power to make even the strongest give up their most valuable possession, the soul! She has a mystique that will lift any audience off their seats. Befitting the popularity and prestige of the star, the great French stage success is a mine of mischievous moments. A true leader in entertainment personality.

Does the unusual and does it first! Goldie Garneau, now playing to packed houses everywhere, is a triumph in the most modern, never before seen feats of theatrical ability. She has enough to stun even the greatest competing stars into obscurity, and is one of the most important offerings of the new season. A night of unsurpassed enchantment, embellished with the marvelous, Goldie rises to heights of popularity unsurpassed in the city’s entertainment field. GOLDIE GARNEAU, the suave, sophisticated woman of the world is a staple for those hectic times and these postbellum days.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Too bad theirs literally no flavor events for anyone everything is generic besides the tutorial. Fix your broken bad un indepth game. Their is no flavor little events every town looks the same police don't do anything overwhelmed with bugs etc. Not to mention the ai is horrible.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
The structure is there for a great game, but it isnt one yet. Goldie has cool unique abilities, but because of some questionable design decisions, they really dont mean anything in the game. Like most bosses when played by the player, she is severely overpowered - even at the highest difficulty. You can practically solo fights against other bosses - fights that currently give you that boss's ENTIRE network of rackets. That essentially removes all strategy, creative decision making, replayability and even fun from the game.

There is no strategy to the game. It really feels like most of the development time went into the voice acting for the sitdowns, with nothing left for the actual gameplay.

I want to love this game - I looked forward to it for months (possibly more than a year) - but it isnt finished. It know the developers put love into it - but the result just isnt fun to play. They really need to go back and rebuild some of the core mechanics of the game from the ground up.

• 1Like
Reactions:
The structure is there for a great game, but it isnt one yet. Goldie has cool unique abilities, but because of some questionable design decisions, they really dont mean anything in the game. Like most bosses when played by the player, she is severely overpowered - even at the highest difficulty. You can practically solo fights against other bosses - fights that currently give you that boss's ENTIRE network of rackets. That essentially removes all strategy, creative decision making, replayability and even fun from the game.

There is no strategy to the game. It really feels like most of the development time went into the voice acting for the sitdowns, with nothing left for the actual gameplay.

I want to love this game - I looked forward to it for months (possibly more than a year) - but it isnt finished. It know the developers put love into it - but the result just isnt fun to play. They really need to go back and rebuild some of the core mechanics of the game from the ground up.
they added the voice acting a month before release i believe :)
atleast people where asking for it in chat while streaming and they werent planning to put it in ad all

It can’t decide if it wants to be a great game, or a console cash grab.

Reactions:
I was hoping we would get a apology or response instead of we value your input and patience
but then again the best way to value or thank us is by making the game better so i hope that is what they are doing
but im seeing allot of people coming up with great ideas but no response from the devs

I was hoping we would get a apology or response instead of we value your input and patience
but then again the best way to value or thank us is by making the game better so i hope that is what they are doing
but im seeing allot of people coming up with great ideas but no response from the devs

The person most responsible for this morass made a blanket apology for their mistake on December 2nd with one hand while trying to sell DLC with the other. Since then, they have done nothing but put out fires and send the part time spokesperson out with another boss they revealed months back. And never stopped patting themselves on the back while telling us we should appreciate all their hard work no matter how mediocre the product they sold is found to be. .

If they want to ignore the valid complaints and hide behind good intentions with tepid results, those who are trying to help will find other matters to occupy their time.

You want to make this a historically based game in Chicago using Prohibition as a backdrop, I'm very interested.

If this is just going to be further Console based kids gaming starring cartoon characters punching buttons on the rainbow wheel, maybe not so much.

The end result is just a mish-mash of half baked ideas and is just plain . . . disappointing. You can't be everything to everyone - pick a lane.

Last edited:
Reactions:
I don't think @MissDeliana has any role in the game quality, and I do appreciate the world building done in these posts. Latching on to these story posts to share your complaints is yelling into the Grand Canyon about your grievances against Sears Tower. You'll be heard, but by the wrong audience.

Back to the post... What I'd like to see is a story setting up the WHY of certain rivalries and/or gangsters. Something between White Circus and Goldie Garneau or how Salazar ended up in Chicago after leaving LA (or did he leave Mexico before that?). There's a cool opportunity to tie the setting to the game similar to how Legend of the Five Rings is done, with cool side stories and the like. I REALLY wish there was more story for the background characters since that's what we interact with the most. Easily something the story team (if Romero Games have one) or art team could handle without taking cycles from development.

Reactions: