• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Uhh, I've been playing too much Misery for S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat that I forgot to check out PI's forums, also yea i'll start to fix stuff related to the unit name, mainly what really needs to be fixed. :)

Cheers.

No problem, but please do help us with that! :)

And here is the final version of HB cores:

hb_cores_final.png

Hello, after some hours of research and work I've probably got the best version of "unitnames" for Bosnia.

Things changed:
ABIH to ARBIH - The Army was the only legal force of the "Republic of Bosnia and Herzegovina".
Added more punctuation as it had been used in the army.
New names for garrison units, units now have the "OkŠTO or OpŠTO" which mean "Municipality High Command of the Territorial Defense Forces (as used in the war.)
Some changes on the mountain brigade name.
Name of the Corps after the 7th have now OkŠTO which means Regional High Command of the Terriotorial Defense Force or the Army (later on.)
Corps which had special names got it also here.

Download: unitnames.csv

Hope this is good now.

EDIT: The cores for HZ-HB look awesome!

Cheers. :cool:

Hello, after some hours of research and work I've probably got the best version of "unitnames" for Bosnia.

Things changed:
ABIH to ARBIH - The Army was the only legal force of the "Republic of Bosnia and Herzegovina".
Added more punctuation as it had been used in the army.
New names for garrison units, units now have the "OkŠTO or OpŠTO" which mean "Municipality High Command of the Territorial Defense Forces (as used in the war.)
Some changes on the mountain brigade name.
Name of the Corps after the 7th have now OkŠTO which means Regional High Command of the Terriotorial Defense Force or the Army (later on.)
Corps which had special names got it also here.

Download: unitnames.csv

Hope this is good now.

EDIT: The cores for HZ-HB look awesome!

Thanks! :) What would you like to continue working on? Maybe code some more minor events?

Hogar, how does Freaks unit- and armynames look?

Thanks! :) What would you like to continue working on? Maybe code some more minor events?

Hogar, how does Freaks unit- and armynames look?
I'm currently in the madness of the finals in school, as soon as i finish some important subjects i'll have time to see what i can do more for the mod.

Same here, I hope you finish it all smoothly with good grades!

Btw how is the situation in your town? Have there been floodings and landslides?
Grades are good, but, dude, thanks for asking, my town has been flooded partly but there are now a lot of landslides, i'm working with some friends to help people in danger of landslides, i don't know what to say more.. a catastrophe, my house is good, nothing got damaged but like some 50 meters more down and you could step into the water :'(
Here is a picture, taken today:Picture In the picture you see is a field (well now it ain't, the river from this point is over a kilometer away) :O :/

Grades are good, but, dude, thanks for asking, my town has been flooded partly but there are now a lot of landslides, i'm working with some friends to help people in danger of landslides, i don't know what to say more.. a catastrophe, my house is good, nothing got damaged but like some 50 meters more down and you could step into the water :'(
Here is a picture, taken today:Picture In the picture you see is a field (well now it ain't, the river from this point is over a kilometer away) :O :/

Good thing is that the death number is relatively low. Property can be replaced, human lives cannot. But it's really heartbreaking to see those families who lost everything they owned in just a couple of seconds and to make it even more worse it's not the politicians who have been affected but those who live on existence minimum and who are in need of state and foreign help.

It's nice to hear that you want to help our people. It's in dire times like these that heroes and thieves are spotted.

Btw, can you enter the OT Forum? We have a thread there about this catastrophe.

Good thing is that the death number is relatively low. Property can be replaced, human lives cannot. But it's really heartbreaking to see those families who lost everything they owned in just a couple of seconds and to make it even more worse it's not the politicians who have been affected but those who live on existence minimum and who are in need of state and foreign help.

It's nice to hear that you want to help our people. It's in dire times like these that heroes and thieves are spotted.

Btw, can you enter the OT Forum? We have a thread there about this catastrophe.
I don' think so, can you provide me the link of the forum? I really can't find it.

Hmm I think you must have at least registered one game to be able to open the OT Forum. Here is the link to the Balkan floods.
Yep, ah ain't a problem, i'm in not a good position to get any game bought and registered right now, maybe in near future well... hahahahaha :D

Cheers.

Last edited:
Hey guys is the development still alive? Well i'm done with school and now have some time to do something on the mod, are we getting anywhere close to a new release of the mod? :)

Hey guys is the development still alive? Well i'm done with school and now have some time to do something on the mod, are we getting anywhere close to a new release of the mod? :)
Can you start working on transferring JNA officers. We have a long list of officers which need to be made dormant leaders?
I'll explain in case of Bosnia:
Scenario file (Bosnia.inc) add line
dormant_leaders = { 36 44 54 66 67 223 226 292 352 473 479 526 }
ID in these brackets has to match id from bosnian leader file.
When a leader is woken we need to sleep it in JNA file. It would be worth having a check leader is still alive...
command = { trigger = { leader = 123 type = wakeleader which = 987 }}
command = { trigger = { leader = 123 type = sleepleader which = 123 }}

Once you have that we need to write an event that will wake the leader. Use wake_leader command. It should be easy enough but will take time to write... Then jump to Slovenia, Croatia, Serbian minors.... Is that something you could do?

Only issue is that few leaders will grow experience and skills in Croatia and Slovenia war which will not be transferred to new country. Anyone has an issue with this?

I think I need to make HercegBosnia appear earlier than historically happened.

I have an issue with JNA using Herzegovina as launchpad for attacking Croatia. I am thinking about adding few neighbouring provinces (e.g. Central Bosnia would remain loyal to government) to model JNA no go zone. Does anyone have any issues with this?

It shouldn't punish Bosnian player because these provinces have no resources or ICs while Serbian and Croatian players will get better accuracy.

Can you start working on transferring JNA officers. We have a long list of officers which need to be made dormant leaders?
I'll explain in case of Bosnia:
Scenario file (Bosnia.inc) add line
dormant_leaders = { 36 44 54 66 67 223 226 292 352 473 479 526 }
ID in these brackets has to match id from bosnian leader file.
When a leader is woken we need to sleep it in JNA file. It would be worth having a check leader is still alive...
command = { trigger = { leader = 123 type = wakeleader which = 987 }}
command = { trigger = { leader = 123 type = sleepleader which = 123 }}

Once you have that we need to write an event that will wake the leader. Use wake_leader command. It should be easy enough but will take time to write... Then jump to Slovenia, Croatia, Serbian minors.... Is that something you could do?

Only issue is that few leaders will grow experience and skills in Croatia and Slovenia war which will not be transferred to new country. Anyone has an issue with this?
This can be done, give me time, i'll do my best!
Also Hax just sent me the new version so i can start i also have some of my tweaks on tech that can be implemented but still need testing.

Cheers.

Can't we just compensate this with giving the new leaders for their 'real' countries a bit higher skill level? At least to those leader we knew participated in those two first wars.

Is it possible to add skill/special trait via event?

I think I need to make HercegBosnia appear earlier than historically happened.

I have an issue with JNA using Herzegovina as launchpad for attacking Croatia. I am thinking about adding few neighbouring provinces (e.g. Central Bosnia would remain loyal to government) to model JNA no go zone. Does anyone have any issues with this?

It shouldn't punish Bosnian player because these provinces have no resources or ICs while Serbian and Croatian players will get better accuracy.

Could you please mark with paint which provinces you have planned to give HB from start?

hb_cores_final.png

So Yug army attacks Dalmatia from Herzegovina and Livno region? Seems I have missed that. :/

Can't we just compensate this with giving the new leaders for their 'real' countries a bit higher skill level? At least to those leader we knew participated in those two first wars.
It is a guess work then. What if a random leader excels but due to events loses traits and skill? Are you suggesting on example to make Halilovic less capable as JNA officer but more capable as ABiH officer due to experience he could have gained in Croatian war?
In the end we will have to go with this proposal. There is no switch leader command as we have one for units. Maybe new patch solves this issue.
Is it possible to add skill/special trait via event?
Yes, but there is no need for it. Just make sure you leader file contains the skills and traits.

Could you please mark with paint which provinces you have planned to give HB from start?
That will hurt Bosnian player. Bosnian player will always struggle so I don't want to take IC and resources in 1991 when the build up is required.
So Yug army attacks Dalmatia from Herzegovina and Livno region? Seems I have missed that. :/
Not directly, but they YUG stacks troops near border then crosses over.

It is a guess work then. What if a random leader excels but due to events loses traits and skill? Are you suggesting on example to make Halilovic less capable as JNA officer but more capable as ABiH officer due to experience he could have gained in Croatian war?
In the end we will have to go with this proposal. There is no switch leader command as we have one for units. Maybe new patch solves this issue.

Yep I meant the bolded part.

Yes, but there is no need for it. Just make sure you leader file contains the skills and traits.

Okay. :)

That will hurt Bosnian player. Bosnian player will always struggle so I don't want to take IC and resources in 1991 when the build up is required.

I asked if you could mark which provinces in Western Herzegovina you have planned to give to HB, just so that we can visually see what you have in mind. I can accept this but I would like that HB gains those neighbouring provinces of Grude via events in April/May '91 and not having them directly from the start.

Not directly, but they YUG stacks troops near border then crosses over.

So historically YUG forces never attacked Dalmatia from Herzegovina? Croats managed to stop them from crossing the border? Did the Croatian army have any forces deployed at that border during the war?

I asked if you could mark which provinces in Western Herzegovina you have planned to give to HB, just so that we can visually see what you have in mind. I can accept this but I would like that HB gains those neighbouring provinces of Grude via events in April/May '91 and not having them directly from the start.
I am still running tests. It looks like I've managed to get JNA to ignore these provinces. This might not be required after all.

So historically YUG forces never attacked Dalmatia from Herzegovina? Croats managed to stop them from crossing the border? Did the Croatian army have any forces deployed at that border during the war?
I am not a military historian :D but I know Croats knew about JNA build-up in Herzegovina. They must have expected attack and planned some defence. In the end this wasn't required as unarmed civilians stopped JNA column from advancing further.
I can only speculate that at some point JNA plans changed from keeping Croatia in the Federation to conquering Serbian populated areas. South Dalmatia must have been irrelevant from that point on.

Tech wanted, tech got.
So basically after some hours of collecting real information and reading state archives i came up with new (better techs) for Bosnia, the old good ones are still there.
bos_tech_v4

Also now im continuing my work with transferring the JNA officers. :)

Cheers guys.

Thanks for finding these pics and such a good quality too. We still need to decide whether we will include factories as teams. This is especially because there was little advancement in production area in the period we cover. At this point we definitely have doctrines and secret weapons. However, if you do know some crazy scientists, that would be fun to have...
I hope someone will take tech trees away from me so maybe we find usage for factories. Great pics!