• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Regrettably, this AAR finishes here, as I am very busy atm. I have changed job, town and country, and have new responsibilities.

Anyway, it is of limited interest now, as HoD is out now. Thank you for following.

That is sad. Good luck with your other interests, though. Of course real life always should come first, so there's no need to apologise. :)

That said, considering this went until 1943 I think you've definitely performed above and beyond the call of duty! Thanks, diegoami. I enjoyed this very much.

Thank you DensleyBlair.

It would have been an interesting story to tell. I stopped playing in 1966.

My attempt to get Galicia from Spain had been frustrated, as UK joined the war at their side. After a long and bloody war with the UK, where I couldn't get any advantage, I had to concede a white peace, which cost me a lot of prestige as I couldn't achieve my war goal.

Meanwhile France and Austria got severe beatings and lost provinces. France is a failed state, it experienced several coups and is now a Fascist Dictatorship.

Brazil became a GP again for a while, so I lost it as a satellite but I got it as a sphereling.

Anyway, new powers are rising, notably China. Portugal has been relegated to the #7 spot.

So, frustrated, I stopped playing... a while ago.

v2_1.jpg

v2_3.jpg

V2_4.jpg

V2_MAP_POR_1966.11.2_1.jpg

V2_MAP_POR_1966.11.2_2.jpg

Hey thanks for this awesome AAR. Very beginner friendly. I think its really helpful in helping me learn how to play V2. I've had difficulties understand the game. I'm looking forward to reading the whole thing :)

I have been trying to play along with ur ARR to learn what to do but I have something I dont' really understand. I can't seem to get my soldier POP up no matter what I do. I have both NF on soldiers in my most populated states and have military spending up high. It doesn't seem like my soldiers are just all promoting to officers because I only have about 700 officers and 20000 soldiers of which apparently only 5 brigades can be formed. I also have taxes for the poor set to the max trying to demote them to soldiers. I can't tell what else I could do to convince the people to become soldiers -,-

Last edited:
The aar was really good. I was surprised you went so far in V2, rather than convert to HOI3, but I enjoyed following it.