• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

jonatron5

Sergeant
51 Badges
May 29, 2013
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Semper Fi
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Gettysburg
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Prison Architect
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Victoria 2
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Surviving Mars
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
So I picked up the game and was having a lot of fun with it , I got to the point where I built and populated my first couple of domes, and unfortunatly this is where the game seems to loose interest to me, At this point it just becomes repetive I don't find any "novelty" or goals to strive for, other than: "Oh lets build another dome"

anyone else have this issue?

I do not know your game setup, but for me this is usually the point where my money starts to slowly run out, and I have to decide how I want to sustain my colony: Increase its own production (this will usually mean polymers or maybe machine parts), increase research and get "money tech", though that is not sustainable in the long term, or mine a rare metal depot. In the semi-long term, tourism is also an option.
The thing I enjoy about SM is that it's not always obvious which of these options is the best, and it depends pretty highly on your sponsor, map, and tech tree randomness if you have that enabled. So no, the point of boredom usually only comes in the late game, when it is obvious that there can be no more long term problems.

the first couple of domes - on my IMM run, that was the point when i tried to get self-sufficient on as many ressources as possible. That self-imposed challange keeps you busy for a while. On my Blue Sun run, that was tha point where i ran into the mystery phase. Which unlocked the space elevator research. Which perfectly fits the Blue Sun playing style, making import/export so much faster and cost-efficient.

So keep building domes and exploiting ressources and building infrastructure - you might need them when something mysterious happens.

I got bored with the drawn out terraforming mission. I was expecting so much more once I muddled through the terraforming process and it turned out to be a waste of time, because nothing happens after that. The goal of the game is to sit through the boredom of terraforming and then be done with the game. It was disappointing to say the least.