• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Eraclio

Major
1 Badges
Nov 26, 2006
  • For The Glory
BoPMOD

The Eu2/FTG mod we are making on the forum of italian community of Paradox will be set in all lands of Europe, Asia and Africa to the north of Australia between 395 and 762 AD. In fact it is based on Summa Gentium Locorumque map.
The main features of this mod will be:

1. There will be all the countries of that period in all places in which BoPMOD is set. Accordingly provinces density of that historical period is faithfully respected: for example in the British isles will be 84 provinces so that all countries of that period could be in the map.
  2. The mod will be set between the death of Theodosius I The Great (395 AD) and the fouding of Baghdad (about 762 AD).
  3. Each coutry has an own color in political map.

If anyone is interested to help us in our project is welcome.

We need help especially (from most important to least important):
  • in the creation of historical events, monarchs, leaders and scenarios;
  • whole graphics images (except for the map).
It's important to write excel files with the values of provinces, events, monarchs, leaders, not to write file with the relative sintax code, because I think about it.

Therefore, for each event are important to write
  • Title
  • Description
  • Name of each action (as "Perfect!" or "War begins!")
  • Effects

For each monarch instead are important to write:
  1. Monarch name (in latin if is it possible)
  2. Startdate (the first date in which a monarch ruled, with also day and month if is it possible)
  3. Enddate (the last date in which a monarch ruled, again with also day and month if is it possible)
  4. military value (1-9)
  5. diplomatic value (1-9)
  6. administrative value (1-9)
  7. Callable by an event (yes-no)
  8. Comment (few words)

Current BoPMOD official helpers
(chronologically added)​

The name BoP is the acronym of Battlegrounds of Paradox. BoP is the name of the italian community site of paradox.
||

Last edited:
Finishing historical (I hope it is) mod within 4 months? :eek:

Map, provinces, countries, flags & shields, units, monarchs, leaders and events, all in just 4 moths??? :eek::eek::eek:

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you ;)

Last edited:
I'm realizing the map only, in the time that the other friends are realizing the flags, shields, countries, monarchs, leaders, units and events instead.
This topic helps me finding others who can help.

EDIT:

Uff, that's quite a lot provinces there. Are you sure so many will not exceed the sector's limit?

It's at least not doable with WATKABAOI which was the basis for my drawings. I'm no Map-Maker and so i don't know if it would be doable in a totally fresh map. At least it provides ideas how provinces in Germany could/should look. I did this (mostly for me) because i don't like most of the HRE-areas in the different mods and i just wanted to see how it could be better. I think almost every "bigger" german state could be modeled in such a map.

I know, I would to draw 65 provinces in the current Germany.

Karei said:
I am curious about what the "BoP" letters stand for

BoP is the name of the italian community site of paradox. It means Battlegrounds of Paradox.;)

chefkoch said:
It's at least not doable with WATKABAOI which was the basis for my drawings. I'm no Map-Maker and so i don't know if it would be doable in a totally fresh map. At least it provides ideas how provinces in Germany could/should look. I did this (mostly for me) because i don't like most of the HRE-areas in the different mods and i just wanted to see how it could be better. I think almost every "bigger" german state could be modeled in such a map.

In BoPMOD there will be bigger provinces because I draw only between Indonesia and Norway. Besides in 395 AD Germany is important.

Several notes about your borders in Scotland:
- Verturiones weren't located at Firth of Forth, but at Firth of Moray
- territory you assign to Verturiones was territory of Damnonii
- Novanti (or Novantae) were not stretching that much east
- Selgovi (or Selgovae) were a bit more to the west (border between Selgovi and Votadini or Maeti shouldn't be more east than your border of Luguvallium and Coria)

And because I see you made also a separate province for Maeti (or Maeatae) be careful with them in your mod. It was a confederacy of Votadini, Selgovae, Novantae and probably also Damnonii, which formed after AD 180. So if Maeti (Maeatae) will appear as a country in your mod, the others should not be present at the same time ;)

Thanks for the reply. ;)

Several notes about your borders in Scotland:
- Verturiones weren't located at Firth of Forth, but at Firth of Moray
- territory you assign to Verturiones was territory of Damnonii
- Novanti (or Novantae) were not stretching that much east
- Selgovi (or Selgovae) were a bit more to the west (border between Selgovi and Votadini or Maeti shouldn't be more east than your border of Luguvallium and Coria)

Tomorrow I look better the list of place that my italian friend give me. Thanks for your observation.

And because I see you made also a separate province for Maeti (or Maeatae) be careful with them in your mod. It was a confederacy of Votadini, Selgovae, Novantae and probably also Damnonii, which formed after AD 180. So if Maeti (Maeatae) will appear as a country in your mod, the others should not be present at the same time ;)

Thanks, but this is only a province-subdivision, not a country subdivision. Anyway thanks for what you wrote. Thanks again.:)

Thanks, but this is only a province-subdivision, not a country subdivision. Anyway thanks for what you wrote. Thanks again.:)
Yeah, I know. That's why I mentioned it separately and not among other provincial notes ;)
It was just a note for the future because I encountered some articles about Maeti which were confusing about them and based on those I thought for some time they were separate tribe ;)

Yeah, I know. That's why I mentioned it separately and not among other provincial notes ;)
It was just a note for the future because I encountered some articles about Maeti which were confusing about them and based on those I thought for some time they were separate tribe ;)

Ok, thanks.;)

Are you sure that Verturiones were in Firth of Moray and Damnonii in Firth of Forth?

And are you sure that "Selgovi (or Selgovae) were a bit more to the west"?

Could you post here your source maps or link?

Verturiones are identified with Fortriu, which is traditionally (works prior 2005) placed to the south, but recent historical research destroyed this consensus and supported the position to be in north, around Moray and in eastern Ross.
Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fortriu

Damnonii, Selgovae, Novantae and Votadini (on map as Otalini) with their towns:
- Novantae are located just in the western extremity of the peninsula
- Selgovae control most of the north coast of Solway Firth
- borders between Selgovae and Votadini are decided by mountain range between them
- Damnonii control whole area of northern Lowlands

(source link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Scotland.south.Ptolemy.map.topo.png)
Scotland.south.Ptolemy.map.topo.png

Last edited:
This is nice I hope you make it with FTG. :)

Thanks

And that Iberia aren't that the modern divisions?

I always draw the borders with the actual borders of provinces uniting the usually today's provinces, except with some provinces of Great Britain and some of Ireland. Also in Portugal I have united more provinces and the borders of Spain aren't definitive: in Spain I will draw about 35 provinces