• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

harezmi

Major
27 Badges
Nov 10, 2005
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • 500k Club
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II
Please, don't hate me but I think truce-breaking and getting -5 stability drop does not mean much if you can dump admin mana and continue your life where you left off as nothing happened is far too gamey for this game! :)

I know this mechanic has been there for a long time and it is a very common strategy for multi-player games (truce-breaking and immediately boosting stability) but I think it just makes sense to add a cooldown period for each button hit. This will penalize the player who abuses the system and make players plan better before making such decisions and face the consequences other than losing admin mana points.

It is also more realistic (assuming that we accept stability mechanic as is) to boost over time rather than from -3 to +3 over one day. People go from absolute nuts and crazy and mad to super happy next day should not be possible.

I suggest (as many people might have discussed and even suggested before) to add a 1 year cooldown period to be able to click the Boost Stability button.

Thank you

Reactions:
I think if the player has managed to conserve enough admin power to go from -3 to +3 Stab in one go, that's epic preparation right there!

In terms of realism, it's the stability loss form truce breaking that's unrealistic. In real life there's no magical fiary punishing nations from violating ceasefires and stuff. It would be more realistic to get a Stab hit from declaring war with high exhaustion.

Other than that, I think it's pretty realistic for a nation that has a good administration to "boost stability" significantly through whatever means hitting that button is supposed to represent. Maybe in EUV we'll have a completely different mechanic.

Reactions:
I think if the player has managed to conserve enough admin power to go from -3 to +3 Stab in one go, that's epic preparation right there!

In terms of realism, it's the stability loss form truce breaking that's unrealistic. In real life there's no magical fiary punishing nations from violating ceasefires and stuff. It would be more realistic to get a Stab hit from declaring war with high exhaustion.

Other than that, I think it's pretty realistic for a nation that has a good administration to "boost stability" significantly through whatever means hitting that button is supposed to represent. Maybe in EUV we'll have a completely different mechanic.
If anything, a violation of a truce should instead cause diplomatic problems, under a new system. This is already handled by the sheer amount of AE it gives, but, perhaps it could be more severe. Allies having reasons to break their alliance with you, loss of trust, etc.

Reactions:
I support any rework of stability.
+1