• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
HMS_Royal_Oak_%2808%29.jpg

HMS Royal Oak in Scapa Flow
1939, Operation Thunderclap, a Bold Idea

A late night in the cabinet war rooms. The Prime Minister picked up the phone, and asked the switchboard operator, who had a lovely voice, for the commander of the Home Fleet. Up North, in Scapa Sommerville was woken up by his aide-de-camp. He stumbled to the telephone and picked up the reciever.

'Somerville speaking.'
'I had a most intresting idea.'
'Sir, with all respect if this is again about operation Catherine I am not intrested.'
'Sweden had just joined the war, we now have air bases availeble there, if we station fighters in Sweden we could gain air superiority over the Baltic. Then, we could land strong armoured and mechanised forces on Germany's Baltic coast. These units could then march down, take Berlin and end the war.'
'Sorry mister Prime Minister but you will first have to call the RAF, and ask them to gain air superiority over the Baltic, it is the back yard of the Luftwaffe. However, because you have been stalking us with this idea for several months now in one form or another I will have my planners wright up a possible plan tommorow morning.'
'Very well, I am glad you agree with me Somerville, have a good night.'
'Goodbye Sir.'

Last edited:
You are my hero, I can now acces the screenshots!

I am happy to be of service - especially if it makes this fine AAR run again :)

Good to see this AAR up and running again!

In some ways it's a pity you've played the game already, since we can't influence gameplay anymore with our comments. But on the other hand, if you're a good AAR-writer (and I think you most certainly AAR), you don't need tips anyway!

Eagerly awaiting the next update!