• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

TomWilson1111

Private
May 23, 2020
Hello!

I haven't played Cities in about a month so started again.

Started playing - loaded absolutely fine, then I installed a few new mods, such as Senior Care and Real Time. But after installing them when loading the game it was stuck on a blue screen after loading. So I removed them and just enabled the mods that the save games uses (using the content manager screen), but the problem is still there...

How do I go about fixing this?

Thanks!

Attachments

• output_log.txt
    264,5 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
I see a bunch of old and broken mods on your list, so let's exclude them as the cause to start with. Check your mods against both this full list and this list of mods that broke for Sunset Harbor. Once you have removed broken mods and gotten replacements for them, then restart the game and load your save. If the problem is still there, upload the output log again so we can see if anything has changed. :)

Hello!

After a random amount of time, the game worked perfectly ok for me for the weekend and Monday, but it is happening again. I haven't done anything with the mods just yet as wanted to see if there is another reason it could randomly start to work again?

If not I can see what mods are causing tie issue.

IME bluescreens are almost always driver or hardware faults.

DXDIAG is a program you run from a command prompt or the Windows start menu 'run' dialog box (or 'search programs' in Windows 7 or later). After running it will open a window and start collecting info with a progress bar in the lower-left corner. When it completes click the 'save all information' button and save it to a file then attach that file here.

Can you grab a screenshot of the blue screen with F12? Modded Cities does a kind of blue screen where sometimes a bit of the menu is visible or a few items are in the middle of the screen. This happens when the simulation is broken (usually due to some issue related to mods). It would be handy for us to tell if that's the kind of blue screen you're seeing, or if it's the Windows blue screen. :)

• 1Like
Reactions:
Hey! Sure here it is. Pretty cure it's cities blue screen as it stops near the end.

DxDiag is attached too.

20200527110559_1.jpg
d.

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    74,9 KB · Views: 0
Ah yeah, that's definitely the broken load blue screen. :)

You have two different versions of the Loading Screen Mod. You should pick one and unsubscribe the other.

The last thing that happens before the error in the log is the Senior Citizen Center Mod doing its thing. Try unsubscribing that and see if that helps.

Also, can you load a new game just fine? Do you have any other versions of this save you can try and load to see if it's just this one that's having issues or your game in general?

• 1Like
Reactions:
Ah yeah, that's definitely the broken load blue screen. :)

You have two different versions of the Loading Screen Mod. You should pick one and unsubscribe the other.

The last thing that happens before the error in the log is the Senior Citizen Center Mod doing its thing. Try unsubscribing that and see if that helps.

Also, can you load a new game just fine? Do you have any other versions of this save you can try and load to see if it's just this one that's having issues or your game in general?
Hey!

Just loaded into the game today and it still seems to be happening :(

Try disabling Auto Budget. I had at least one other person have issues with that mod.

Export Electricity might also be broken. At least a few are having issues with it looking at the comments, and it's a very old mod, so it could very well be.

You should also remove All Spaces Unlockable, since you have 81 tiles.
still does not work :(

Potentially, though it doesn't have the error that usually shows up when a save is corrupted.

Looks like we haven't tried Save Our Saves and SafeNets - those are both mods that can help recover a save, just like the Loading Screen Mod's Safe Mode. Subscribe to those mods, make sure to enable them and Safe Mode with all options checked and try loading the save again.