• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Suur-Suomi

As expected, Germany took the leadership of the war. Doesn't matter.
The war didn't go well for the first week:

shatters.jpg

But soon, by using support attacks and encirclements, we gained the upper hand. Germany was advancing, so Soviets had to withdraw troops.

By the time Romania surrendered, we had already conquered Leningrad:

progresse.jpg

We connected all the fronts and conquered Kola Peninsula. In addition, we conquered all the way to Arkhangelsk.

greaterfinlands.jpg

Greater Finland has born.

I sense a battle for the Baltic...

Tide has Turned

March towards Moscow starts. Soviet troops have completely disappeared from our front to fight the germans.
21st October we meet the Germans in the town of Joguva, Estonia.
23rd day USA takes control of Iceland and Greenland. Nothing special.

29th October we meet the Russian Doomstack:

doomstack.jpg

5 days later most of them are already at our borders. Wave of defeats to be expected.
7th November map. What you see is probably Greater Finland at its height. Troops are already withdrawing to the October line (see previous update's frontline map).

heighth.jpg

Black line is the border between us and Germany.

Intelligence reports that the total number of Soviet troops is 1,7 million :wacko:.

Finland has survived...

For a week, the forces were competent. Finally we managed to beat the Russians 13th December. On the same day, Germans conquered Moscow.

As Bitter Peace would have given everything to Germany, we removed the special surrender.

And so, Germany annexed SU. War is over, and no one can deny that the Finns played a large role in this war.

russiaf.jpg

Only one question remains:

What will we do next?

There are two possibilities:

1. End this AAR. Finland is now at its largest.

2. Edit the savegame; switch sides and fight against the Germans to the bitter end.

Choice is yours to request... but be quick; we haven't got much time.

Go after Germany.

Greater Finland is nothing without northern Finnmark and the Torne Valley!

The Last War

January 10th 1941 we declare war on Germany.
At first, there were no German troops close to us, allowing us to take Finnmark and almost capture Torne Valley. But when the German infernal offensive started, we were in troubles. Greater Finland was born, and the newly-created Mannerheim line refused to break. Situation in May is marked in white; black line is our original borders.

finlandfrontlinesavethi.jpg

And 1st of June 1941 we sign a white peace with Germany.

whitepeace.jpg

You can see the German troops in this picture.

The war, for our part, is over.

And that concludes this AAR. It was nice to make, although it was so short. Anyway, Europa Universalis 3: Heir to the Throne is released in 12 days, so I'm now playing EU3. If you want, you can read my current Europa Universalis AAR, linked in my sig.

Well, that passes for Greater Finland to me :cool: Good job, nice AAR!

Well it seems to have been smooth sailing for Finland :) The Soviet AI doesn't really know how to fight winter war. They haven't defended Leningrad at all when I've tried the same scenario. I guess it has something to do with Finland's threat being so low. The same thing happens when Italy declares war on Greece. They just take the decision even when they have just one or two divisions in Albania and then Greeks overrun them, but that's not as ahistorical :rolleyes: .

Well it seems to have been smooth sailing for Finland :) The Soviet AI doesn't really know how to fight winter war. They haven't defended Leningrad at all when I've tried the same scenario. I guess it has something to do with Finland's threat being so low. The same thing happens when Italy declares war on Greece. They just take the decision even when they have just one or two divisions in Albania and then Greeks overrun them, but that's not as ahistorical :rolleyes: .

The reason why they don't have anyone in Leningrad, is because they want to fire the decision, which requires them to have troops on the eastern border. So they move all their forces there and declare war. This could be easily fixed by adding a line to the decision that SU must have forces in Leningrad, too.