• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Hax

Arnold
11 Badges
Sep 26, 2008
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Rome Gold
  • Sengoku
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
  • 200k Club
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris Sign-up

"Freedom is only protected by those who prepare to die"
- Unknown
Hello,

This will be my third AAR attempt, but besides from the two other this one I will try to complete. I will play Finland from 1936 with the World in Flames mod (Titanium).
With this AAR I will enter into the Writing with the StAARs competition. I will write about a machinegun platoon who together will feel much joy but also sadness, and about Finland and the situation in-game.
I will before I start writing, apologize for any bad English grammatic which surely will happen. I hope you can live with that.
I'm not only doing this AAR for the competition but also for my English knowledge, I want do this to increase my skills in English grammar and vocabulary.
And please comment after every update, it's fan comments that makes me to continue on projects. Together we shall make this into an awesome AAR!

Chapter Index:​

Last edited:

"Look Matti they are coming!"
"I see them Raino..."
Raino tried to remove the safening catch but his hands were shaking by the growing fear inside him, but he managed finally to remove it with his sweated fingers.
Above them they could hear the Russian bombers, they would bomb the Finnish infrastructure and connection lines, a good tactic stolen from the Germans, thought Matti. Some 200 metres away from Finnish defence lines they could hear the Russian commanders shouting orders to young and old soldiers who soon would die with Finnish machine gun bullets in their bodies, a nice thought considered Matti, but then he realised the situation, the Russians weren't like they used to be two years before. They had learnt a lot, but the current battle would not be fair. The Finnish defence had only four machine guns and two German panzerfaust while the enemy got approximately 500 soldiers and a number between 1-10 tanks. And of course they got artillery and air superiority. In a second the Russians artillery started to bombard the defence lines. When the bombard was silenced the sound of hurt soldiers could be heard.
"Matti where are you?!"
"I'm here! Come help me with this man."
Raino saw that Matti pointed on a man lying on the snow. The foot was nearly ripped off and the soldier screamed."
The snow started to color red by the blood. Soon the man silenced and the both soldiers around him looked on each others but then suddenly they jumped down into the trench when they heard machine gun sound from the Russians.
Matti looked up and saw the lying dead soldier and the red snow around him.
"Raino, this bloody snow will save Finland from total defeat, remember that."

I'll be looking forward to watching this. Thanks for taking part in Writing with the StAARs competition!

I'll be looking forward to this one as well. Good luck with the competition!

Subscribed... nice prologue.

Interesting, thanks for notifying me about this.

Will you be using correct scandinavian letters? I see an "OE" instead of "Ö" in the title picture.

Promising start, I'll follow.

Oh, oh! Iknow what happens at the end!!!!

Mememe!!!

They DIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE A BLODDY DEATH MUAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH

You could build some IC but I'm not familiar with WiF...but in normal HOI 2 it would be wise to build some, like the first two years and after that I would suggest mountaineers...I don't know what slider start is but either get to centralized (for IC Bonus) or hawk lobby for the manpower...

The Finnish Government accepts the idea of expanding the industrial capacity and professionalizing the current one. Kymmene gets the first contract for improving the IC.

After some hard negotiations the government accepts to move Finland towards Central Planning.

The only submarine that belongs to Finland is disbanded. Vice Admiral Horola gets the command of the current two heavy cruisers. Finland is ready to sell them if we can find possible buyers.

The Finnish cabinet, there is better ministers for the current ones on some spots.

The Armaments minister gives a 5% percent boost to the IC and 10% boost to the industrial techs. We shall keep him to quicker research the industrial techs. Then maybe Juho Niukkanen can be the minister of the armaments.

The Minister of Security is Yrjö W. Puhakka. On this minister spot there is two better options. Urho K. Kekkonen or Richard Lorentz. The first option gives us more manpower which we really need, the second option gives us less consumer goods demand from the Finnish people with 10%. That means 5% more less then the current one.

The Chief of Staff, K.L. Oesch makes the Finnish army 10% faster. One good option is Hugo Österman who gives Finland a 25% boost to the manpower growth but a -5% of infantry construction.

The Chief of Army, Hugo Österman gives us some bonuses to offensive and defensive warfare but also a -5% to all self-propelled artillery construction. A possible change on this spot could be Kaarle Voinonmaa, he can remove 15% of the supply consummation of the Finnish army, a true logistical wizard!

The Chief of Airforce is useless as we doesn't have any carriers or naval bombers. The best option here would be Toivo Somerto, he gives fighters a +5% defensive and offensive boost but makes -5% on making the fighters.

The other minister spots that I haven't talked about is good or can't be changed.

Our best partners for trading would be Sweden and Estonia. Businessmens are sent to find good trade agreements for Finland.

A huge industrial complex is ordered to be built in Tampere(Tammerfors). The building will take many months.

We offer a generous offer to Sweden and happily they accept. Our loss on coal and steel is now neutral.

The Germans sends a huge offer to Finland, offering a huge amount of coal that we can later use for further trading with countries like Sweden and Estland. We accept the offer very happily.

Again we try to do some business with Sweden, offering some of the coal we get from Germany in exchange for money. They accepts the very generous offer. Now we are green on money flow.

And ones more time we offer coal but this time we want some supplies. Sweden accept the agreement.

We order the Finnish army to merge into two armies and both having logistical wizard for keeping the supply consummation low. At the same time the Italians manages to take command of Addis Abbeba and annexing Ethiopia.

Another coal - supply trade agreement is offered to Sweden. With all the supply we get we can lower the amount of creating it at home and instead focusing to complete the industrial complex in Tampere faster.

Last edited:
Our best partners for trading would be Sweden and Finland.

One of your best trading partner is Finland ? Wouldn't that be you ? :D