• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Good thing is that IIRC in WiF it's very hard to beat Finland as the USSR (has Finland got raised GDE in the mod, or what causes it?). So you'll have quite a realistic static frontline war.

One of your best trading partner is Finland ? Wouldn't that be you ? :D

Ohh :D Fixed, thanks!

Good thing is that IIRC in WiF it's very hard to beat Finland as the USSR (has Finland got raised GDE in the mod, or what causes it?). So you'll have quite a realistic static frontline war.

Yes WiF, the defensive values is very big and snow makes it hard to take provinces. But it's not impossible ;)

I will keep an eye on this also. I don't have HoI2, just HoI3. So don't ask me for advice.

Ok ok, subscribed :D

Lead our Finnish brothers to triumph! :)

Even though I don't approve of the means with which I was brought here, I'll read. :p

Here's hoping for a strong industrialized country with modern arms before 1939. Also, peace of advice (Not a game one as I suck at HoI. :p). Join the war after you're pretty sure who's going to win. Don't go in at the beginning.

The first minister change will be the minister of security spot. The new ministers name is Richard Lorentz. Somehow he can remove 10% of the consumer goods demand, 5% more then the old minister.

The second minister change is of Chief of Staff. The new minister is Hugo Österman and can with his skills increase the manpower growth with 25%, but will of the cost for more manpower decrease the construction bonus for infantry.

The third minister change is for Chief of Army. The current one gives no real bonuses for the Finnish army. The new minister, Kaarle Voinomaa can decrease the supply consummation of the army with 15% !

So after the changes the new government looks like this. It will bring glory to Finland and make our glorious country even more glorious!

But of course minister changes results with dissent, but after one month with the new government the people sees it can only bring good stuff, one of those is that the Finnish unemployment is lowered with 2%.
From 3% dissent of the population to 0.5%.

The current situation of Finland. The stockpiles of our resources haven't moved so much from January '36.

Our research for better industry is finished. The next research will be Mechanized Agriculture, a new contract is given to Artturi Virtanen.

A new Spain is created, called the Nationalist one. The Spanish civil war has started.

France will not support Republican Spain, calling it a anarchist rabble.
While the Italians support the nationalists with volunteers and equipment.

Soviet Union sends massive help to Republican Spain. The aid is suspicious for USA who thinks SU wants to spread its communism to the western part of Europe.

The United Kingdom does the same as France and calls the Republicans also for anarchists. Meanwhile the Germans helps their ideological brothers in Spain with volunteers and equipment.
Also the 1936 summer Olympics are opened. Historically Finland got 19 medals, the same amount like France which gives the both nations the 5th place of most won medals in the '36 summer olympics.

Ok, I'm probably joining too late. But it's already a miracle that I found this thread, and an even bigger one that I did so just a week after this AAR was started...

Let's see. Finland is the country I have played the most in HoI2, and WiF is at least the second mod I have played the most. So far, so good.

There's been a long time since I played WiF for the last time, and I never played the Titanium version (didn't like certain changes in Platinum and stuck to Gold). But from what I remember it didn't change too many things with regards to playing Finland, in fact it made it easier because it's so easy to defend under frozen conditions, and there's a "white peace" event in mid-March (or maybe it was April) 1940 that ends the war before the snow has melted. I found no point on playing as Finland after winning the Winter War and never played beyond that point. But that's just me, and this is your AAR:) I'll point out to some things you did though:

-Moving to central planning doesn't make sense. You're not going to reach full central planning until 1943, and even the 15% IC bonus until 1941. That's very late and you'll miss good moves towards Hawk and Standing Army. When you're so close to full market it's better to move towards there. And it's a joy to be able to build units at such a low cost and to modernize them so quickly, it's painful when I have to play Germany and the USSR with their silly central planning and slowish updates... (of course I know there's the obsolete-to-obsolete modernizing bonus, but still...)

-Retaining Oksala until you research Basic Machine Tools is a very good decision. It's so easy to change immediately to Niukkanen with his 10% bonus -but you're already enjoying a 5% one, and the additional 5% may even not bring you any IC bonus as you've got so few.

-You'll need every bit of manpower you can get, so Hugo Österman is a no brainer. On top of that, I believe that the -5% figure is actually a mistake: he reduces the time it takes to build divisions.

-Finland has very good tech teams for its size (Mannerheim is level 7). It's pretty hard, but I think you may be able to build enough factories (at least seven) to reach the second research slot, and then Finland can research about everything she will need to fight (industrial, infantry, military doctrines and even a bit of artillery and planes).

-Try to use Logistic Wizards to control your military forces -14 divisions IIRC-. At least until war begins...

That's all I can think for now!