• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

shmerl

First Lieutenant
Nov 1, 2015
First of all, I'd like to thank you for planning to release Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 on GOG DRM-free. I really appreciate day one DRM-free releases that you support!

Do you plan to release the game for Linux too in the future? I'm not familiar with Hardsuit Labs studio, but hopefully if you are using some cross platform engines or your own custom engine with cross platform tools like Vulkan, it shouldn't be too hard to make a Linux release.

Thanks!

UPDATE:

Related thread on Steam forum: https://steamcommunity.com/app/532790/discussions/0/1848072002755125183/

Last edited:
I know it's a fake hope, but I would also like a Linux version of the original Bloodlines. Just as only SW KOTOR2 was released to Linux. I think Biowere had the first one. It would be nice to illuminate us about the (future) supported architectures. Steam says it's Windows exclusive.

(Wouldn't it be technically Linux exclusive, and Windows inclusive?)

I'm with the rest of the penguin lovers, would buy this in a heartbeat for Linux. Hell, I've bought a lot of Paradox games just because they support Linux. Still need to find the time to learn CKII...

This game is great news to me, looking forward to it. It's a shame they are not giving linux the same treatment, but I was planning on playing imperator for the next 5 years anyway :D. If it don't come to linux I wont be too upset. Maybe get on a sale and try with proton?

Please consider Linux support, perhaps consider contacting Feral Interactive if a port is required.

I don't think Feral is a good option, since Feral have some problem with DRM-free releases and the game is going to be released on GOG. So if the studio can't do it, it would make sense to partner with some DRM-free friendly Linux porters.