• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I did some experimenting with my Italy save game that i mentioned previously.

I loaded in as Germany and deleted the transport ship units that were in the middle of Africa for some reason and then saved the game. I then opened the unitnames folder using notepad and deleted the # from the affected units.

Loading the Germany save game but now playing on as Italy again the load errors had gone. Checking afterwards the savegamedebug was also clear of any obvious errors.

I carried out the 2nd Abyssinia war event and subsequent invasion with no obvious errors or bugs etc from what I could see while playing.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Untitled.png

My fastest WW1 win ever. I beat my own record, which was October 1914. I won it exactly 1 year after I entered it, August 1, 1914. First France fell, then I invaded Britain, conquered Serbia, beat Romania, and made Soviet Russia offer peace in July 1914. The last Entente member, Japan, offered me peace on August 1st. Played on very hard/very hard.

• 2Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
View attachment 682104

My fastest WW1 win ever. I beat my own record, which was October 1914. I won it exactly 1 year after I entered it, August 1, 1914. First France fell, then I invaded Britain, conquered Serbia, beat Romania, and made Soviet Russia offer peace in July 1914. The last Entente member, Japan, offered me peace on August 1st. Played on very hard/very hard.
You used the Time Machine cheat I see ;)

• 2Like
Reactions:
This mod has absolutely stunning graphics. So beautifully made. I will see if I can add the graphic pack to Egde of Darkness.

Does anyone know if Blood & Iron is more difficult as Germany, than Edge of Darkness?

Would it be possible to include 1942/43/44/45 scenarios? Or something like 1917? If not i guess i could try to implement it myself, i already did that for EoD.

General question - does this mod contain more events than EoD for things like axis victory?

I played only the 1914 scenario so far and enjoyed it except a few things:

1. Maybe someone already said it - there are some problems with the map. For example its looking like there is a border between Munich and Landshut.

2. Russia seems too strong in comparison to their real performance and austria hungary is pathetic against them, i know they were not as good as the germans but without me controlling them they couldnt do a thing against russia.

3. Took Paris on very hard in 1916 but had quite some problems with the russians who in reality were pushed back by the germans (even with me controlling the austrians and finishing the balkan front quickly) - so now i thought why is the west easier than the russian front and looked up the savegame: the ai is not building new divisions, is that intentional? And the british didnt send much help to the french at all.

4. The americans were pushed back by the mexican revolutionaries and didnt join the war despite unrestricted submarine warfare.

I will try again without controlling the austrians but the russians need to be toned down a bit i guess.

Playing as Japan, I did puppet china after winning the war. But they have two stacks with units that are unable to move, needing unlocking from an event. Some bug related to the starting war with communist china I suppose ?

Hi gentlemen. I can't seem to save the game? Click save and it tells me it's saving, but when I check there's nothing. Tried to autosave and that doesn't work either. Any suggestions?

• 1Like
Reactions:
Anybody has the full event list for germany? cant find it anywhere. especially the anglo german naval agreements and 4 year plan they are missing. also many other events are not listed at db germany or anywhere else.
please post a full list of germany events list here or anglo german naval agreement and 4 year plan. also MANY of the events like olympics and tens of other are not happening.

Last edited:
So, is there a particular consensus on how Blood & Iron compares to World in Flames 2 and Edge of Darkness? Incredible work from what I've seen, however! DH seems similar to Med2/TATW in how many sprawling and competing mods there are. (Was just reading Kurt Lüdecke and decided to check up on the game.)

I have found this mod on moddb, by the way.

what is kinder kúche event for germany? cant find it nor will it trigger.. I wish there was actually a FULL list of events somewhere.. I Found most of them thanks to the modmakers post.

thanks for the reply. It triggered in start of 1934.

Last edited:
Why are the ss leibstandarte and das reich limited to only 30% of normal division strength? is this normal for all ss divisions? can they be upgraded to full 100%?
theyre useless with only 30% of men. 3000 vs 13000. whats the point? Im at year 1935. And can they be upgraded to panzer divisions?

oh and 5 of my transport divisons just disappeared and they still count in total naval numbers. they are nowhere to be seen... wtf sorry for language.
I sincerely hope more of my ships wont just ''disappear''

also ersatz conversion option is also now gone... I have clean install and all. no extra mods.

Last edited: