• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Haya

So I need a bit of help

So when I launch the game with this mod on it starts loading as usual and then about 65% in it says that there are 60 external errors and gives an option to ignore
If you click on ignore it proceeds as usual until you get to pick the scenarios
No matter what scenario you choose it starts loading and then crashes

I'm playing on 1.05.1 version btw

you have a corrupted file set, rename the current mod folder, re download the mod and then move the save game files from old folder to new folder.

you have a corrupted file set, rename the current mod folder, re download the mod and then move the save game files from old folder to new folder.

Can you please explain it a bit better because I'm new to paradox games (specifically rename the mod folder into what and move what save game files (vanilla saves or?))

I'm playing a camping as the Uk, 1933 scenario, and i wanted to report some oddities:
- Poland IC reached a really high number (72/68 I believe), which seems really high in regards to game balance, being closer to Italy and France than other medium size nations.
- Germany is barely building any armored divisions. Their OOB for the battle of France was just a ton of infantery , and it reminded me more of the great war than the historical events that happens. Also considering the IC buff that Ai GER gets, it doesn't seem like a good idea to simply spam Inf (they have only two armored divisons active by August 1940, one of them being an SS one from an event).
- Romania was puppeted by Germany on 1939 , with their troops taking part in the Battle of France. Also Yugo joins the tripartite pact on 1939. Both events happen to early.

Reactions:
Can you please explain it a bit better because I'm new to paradox games (specifically rename the mod folder into what and move what save game files (vanilla saves or?))
The saves are in the Scenario folder if i remember correctly, what he is saying is that you should delete the mod folder and download and extract a clean version of the mod there but taking your saves from corrupted version, the saves are 2 files, each named after how you used to name, like autosave, oldautosave rtc

The saves are in the Scenario folder if i remember correctly, what he is saying is that you should delete the mod folder and download and extract a clean version of the mod there but taking your saves from corrupted version, the saves are 2 files, each named after how you used to name, like autosave, oldautosave rtc

But there are no saves/files, not in the folder or anywhere else since I'm not even able to start any scenario to save the game in the first place (if you're reffering to that)

Honestly though, I don't think I'm ever gonna be able to make it work and neither do I think that anyone would be willing to have me pester them about something that sounds so simple yet I can't understand how to do

So even though I'm saddened that I won't be able to play this mod I thank you for trying to explain it to me

But there are no saves/files, not in the folder or anywhere else since I'm not even able to start any scenario to save the game in the first place (if you're reffering to that)

Honestly though, I don't think I'm ever gonna be able to make it work and neither do I think that anyone would be willing to have me pester them about something that sounds so simple yet I can't understand how to do

So even though I'm saddened that I won't be able to play this mod I thank you for trying to explain it to me

You don't need any saved game files so not sure why he recommended that. Just delete the old Blood Iron game files and folder and download the game again. But before you do that. Make sure DH Full works normally.

Nice mod, but how do I beat Germany as a Soviet Union in this? I'm having a hard time. They just swarm me with tons of mechanized divisions in 1941. How the hell did they manage to build so many? I also tried to DOW them in 1940, like I usually like to do, but I get "Stalins surprise at Barbarossa" which cripples my offensive capabilities. This is rather silly considering I'm the one invading. I also have some error when I try to load the game, but I can just skip it and it works normally.

Last edited:
Hello!
I have got a problem i. SS LSSAH and 2.SS Das Reich Will not upgrade and will only have 3900 men as an inf.div.Nothing happens if I try to upgrade them myself.Hope anyone here can help me.

Hello!
I have got a problem i. SS LSSAH and 2.SS Das Reich Will not upgrade and will only have 3900 men as an inf.div.Nothing happens if I try to upgrade them myself.Hope anyone here can help me.
I believe that those units start out representing brigades and you will later on have the option to upgrade them by event to division size.

Greetings! To begin with i would like to thank you for this awesome mod. Feels really nice with all historic flavor events. Started playing as Germany and flollowing fairly historical path. Went as far as 1939 now, so preparing to invade Poland. Everything went fine, although i noticed some really minor issues, which i would like to report (see screenshots, i marked with red circles bugs/mistakes etc.). Although i cant say for sure but i think the event, that is about dissolution of german worker union fires twice ( - 1 % dissent). Other then the stuff i mentioned, mod works flawlessly for me so far. I'll report any issues if i encounter them.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    367,9 KB · Views: 0
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    404,4 KB · Views: 0
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    428,8 KB · Views: 0
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    366 KB · Views: 0
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    359,4 KB · Views: 0
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    327,3 KB · Views: 0
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    407,9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Greetings! To begin with i would like to thank you for this awesome mod. Feels really nice with all historic flavor events. Started playing as Germany and flollowing fairly historical path. Went as far as 1939 now, so preparing to invade Poland. Everything went fine, although i noticed some really minor issues, which i would like to report (see screenshots, i marked with red circles bugs/mistakes etc.). Although i cant say for sure but i think the event, that is about dissolution of german worker union fires twice ( - 1 % dissent). Other then the stuff i mentioned, mod works flawlessly for me so far. I'll report any issues if i encounter them.
Black parts of events are due to your monitor being too small.

Got to 1940 as Germany. Went mostly fine so far. Poland is easy ( as it should be tbh). As for foreighn wars - got no problems with Spanish civil war as nationalist Spain and got annihilated as Finland in winter war (no matter what i did, soviet just steamroll me, plus the suplly lines in Finland are total mess, wich is due to poor infrastructure i beleive). Considering historical outcome, you should not be able to like go and take Moscow:), but Finnish side needs a buff, maybe eventwise, or some debuffing events for soviet offensive. Seems like there is a visual sprite bug for CAS 1937 version for me. Color seems like messed up(seescreenshots) + minor mistake in event text.
Again tyvm for your work, having a blast with this mod

Attachments

• 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    418,9 KB · Views: 0
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    386,8 KB · Views: 0
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Does anyone know the event or is it the german A.I. declaring war on A.I. soviets for a second time. This time 90% of the german army was pushing into southern Africa when it happened. Very annoying playing as Italy, you would think Mussolini was in charge of the Reich. If it is a event, which I cant find:( it really needs a make over.

Insight welcomed, thanks

Hello there

Enjoying the mod. The combination of different events from WIF2, EOD etc and the new map graphics is really nice to play and blends together well.

Strange thing however is I seem to be getting an error whenever I load a saved game playing as Italy in 1934.

As the save is loading, the loading bar reaches the end and this appears

" ---5 error(s) found in external files (scenario,ai,etc.)! Please check savedebug.txt for details ---

When Ignore the error the game loads apparently fine and I can continue the game.

The errors that appear in the savedebug.txt are

ERROR : Invalid TAG [#ITA] in unitnames.csv, line 30100!
ERROR : Invalid TAG [#ITA] in unitnames.csv, line 30101!

and

ERROR : Invalid or missing location for naval unit (Kampfgruppe V) in Mods\Blood and Iron v1.0\scenarios\save games\Kingdom of Italy_1934_May_17.eug, line ~ 63773!
ERROR : Invalid or missing location for naval unit (Kampfgruppe VI) in Mods\Blood and Iron v1.0\scenarios\save games\Kingdom of Italy_1934_May_17.eug, line ~ 63804!
ERROR : Invalid or missing location for naval unit (Kampfgruppe VII) in Mods\Blood and Iron v1.0\scenarios\save games\Kingdom of Italy_1934_May_17.eug, line ~ 63835!
ERROR : Invalid or missing location for naval unit (Kampfgruppe VIII) in Mods\Blood and Iron v1.0\scenarios\save games\Kingdom of Italy_1934_May_17.eug, line ~ 63867!
ERROR : Invalid or missing location for naval unit (Kampfgruppe IX) in Mods\Blood and Iron v1.0\scenarios\save games\Kingdom of Italy_1934_May_17.eug, line ~ 63900!

It seems very similar to an error message that appeared a couple of pages back in the thread for another user. I have a clean install of Darkest Hour and the Blood and Iron V1.0 Mod and have not added any new graphics or any addon image mods etc.

If it is any help I tried a quick game as the USA in the 1933 scenario to see if it had the same issue and had no issues when I loaded the game before March 1933. Another new game as Italy in the 33 scenario that I ran until February 1933 that I reloaded had no issues either loading.

I have no modding experience but It seemed the errors appeared after the Weimar Flag prohibited event fired for Germany and the flag changed.

I'll continue the save as Italy and see if anything odd happens.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I got that error as well, but it got shrugged off as something I did wrong. It's just some transports for germany that appears in the middle of Africa(in late 1933, or early 1934 ish), you can just load up as Germany and delete them, or just ignore it. I don't think it harms anything either way. The unit names for Ita I can't exactly remember what was said, but you can find it talked about a page or two back.

Crispin said:

I found the following in the unitnames.csv lines:

#ITA;Inf;65a Divisione 'Granatieri di Savoia'
#ITA;Inf;40a Divisione 'Cacciatori d'Africa'

On all other lines there is no #. Is that significant?

I started a new game and the same things happened. I'll try a reinstall and see if that doesn't fix things.
The # means the line is commented out, in other words is the same as if it wasn't there. Well if you messed up something in the files it will continue messed up even if you start a new game :p

That was the response, so it seems insignificant and can probably just be ignored.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I got that error as well, but it got shrugged off as something I did wrong. It's just some transports for germany that appears in the middle of Africa(in late 1933, or early 1934 ish), you can just load up as Germany and delete them, or just ignore it. I don't think it harms anything either way. The unit names for Ita I can't exactly remember what was said, but you can find it talked about a page or two back.

The # means the line is commented out, in other words is the same as if it wasn't there. Well if you messed up something in the files it will continue messed up even if you start a new game :p

That was the response, so it seems insignificant and can probably just be ignored.
Thanks for the reply :)

Glad it is not a major issue or anything similar.

• 1Like
Reactions: