• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I found the following in the unitnames.csv lines:

#ITA;Inf;65a Divisione 'Granatieri di Savoia'
#ITA;Inf;40a Divisione 'Cacciatori d'Africa'

On all other lines there is no #. Is that significant?

I started a new game and the same things happened. I'll try a reinstall and see if that doesn't fix things.

The # means the line is commented out, in other words is the same as if it wasn't there. Well if you messed up something in the files it will continue messed up even if you start a new game :p

I reinstalled the mod. Blood_and_Iron_v0.9.11 then added the updated Italian h-sub graphics. Still the same errors. I dunno what the heck I am doing wrong. It doesn't happen when I start a new game, only after I load an ongoing game.

But it such minor issues I don't think it will affect me much.

I reinstalled the mod. Blood_and_Iron_v0.9.11 then added the updated Italian h-sub graphics. Still the same errors. I dunno what the heck I am doing wrong. It doesn't happen when I start a new game, only after I load an ongoing game.

So I've run a quick test. I've started the game in 1933 scenario with Italy, 1 day pass I saved and exit checked the save file and no errors. Then I've loaded the game and let another day pass, saved and exit, checked the log and no errors again. How much time has pass after you restarted the game, saved and exited? Also are you using autosave or hard save? Was this after you take Abyssinia?

Do you have debugging set to 1 or 2 perhaps? When I set it to that, I get all kinds of errors in most mods (can't confirm with this mod since I haven't played it yet). Anyway, I find that anytime you have the option to "ignore" the errors then you're good to go and the errors are minor.

The test I did today I just ran for five months(1933 may), then saved, and reloaded and got the errors. I haven't touched any debugging so I dunno what the number is. Yeah I can just ignore the errors and continue, I doubt it affects anything. It's just very curious.

It seems to happen around 1933 march, when The Weimar Republic gives in to the German Reich - no transports appear when I play Germany though.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
Something very strange that only happens with this mod. I modify it for five beigades for each ground division. I build them with that many, but four of them disappear and I don't know where they went. I checked under the divisions and it still says five.

Blood and Iron v1.0 RELEASED

So 1.0 is finally here, there is not that much new stuff from last version, it's mostly small corrections, tweaks and fixes. For example added Locarno event also to Germany AI as from reports it fixes some stuff related to its AI, also some corrections to Kazoo's unit icons, etc.

Changelog:

- Corrections to units icons
- Tweaks and rebalance
- Revised music playlists

Installation:

- Extract to your Darkest Hour/Mods folder
- Choose Blood and Iron v1.0 on the launcher mods list (also check Unit sprites and Country-specific graphics)
- Play and have fun

(Note: the game might take up to around 1min and 15sec to launch due to the huge amount of sprites and events)

Darkest Hour 1.05 required
Checksum: TUGQ

DOWNLOAD

• 1Like
Reactions:
Thanks! I'll give this a go now - this is just the sort of mod I was looking for. I had been working on some modifications for Spain in the 1914 scenario, so it will be interesting to see what you have.

• 1Like
Reactions:
New player here, trying to get the best experience playing WWII. Your mod seemed the best change of succeeding in that, being distilled out of the best mods of the past decade.
I realise it may be unimportant/out of scope of the mod, but when i try any of the tutorials, the game crashes, complaining about being unable to read /scenarios/1936/china yunan.inc.
Is this to be expected or may this be a bug?

Will you include more mods like the NWO mod ?

Isn't that mod all about cold war? Because that's out of this mod focus. This mod is all about giving immersion to WWII and WWI gameplay. I've check all those mods around and the only thing they add is either cold war stuff or alt sutff which isn't exactly the point of this mod. I've already added the end game stuff from EoD which shall give already a much more immersive end game.

• 1Like
Reactions:
New player here, trying to get the best experience playing WWII. Your mod seemed the best change of succeeding in that, being distilled out of the best mods of the past decade.
I realise it may be unimportant/out of scope of the mod, but when i try any of the tutorials, the game crashes, complaining about being unable to read /scenarios/1936/china yunan.inc.
Is this to be expected or may this be a bug?

That's because 1936 scenario was removed. Only 1933 and 1914 scenario related stuff are available. To play a tutorial just launch Darkest Hour Full? That said I could have just removed 1936.eug file and left the folder but I didn't thought someone would still play the tutorial nowadays xD

Last edited:
Still relatively new to DH, but is this a good mod for playing WW1 on into WW2 or is The Grand Campaign a better choice? Thanks!

Still relatively new to DH, but is this a good mod for playing WW1 on into WW2 or is The Grand Campaign a better choice? Thanks!

As of now there isn't a "grand campaign" scenario, 1914 scenario ends at 1921. I want to make a 3rd scenario that goes from 1914 to 1964 (end date of 1933 scenario). Not sure if I'll do it or not as atm I'm modding Med II TW and sometime soon my modding time will decrease drastically.

Hi, I observed that the AI (GB, FRA, GER, RUS, AUS) is not capable building any new troops during WWI campaign expect for the starting production that is coded. Is there any reason for this or is there a possibility for circumventing it? I loaded several savegames with different countries and the Entente is not building anything but using IC for supplies or consumer goods. Russia is not even reinforcing their Infantry Divisions. Sadly that killed my German Empire savegame because it became to easy in 1916 because they were losing so many divisions because of attrition...
Or is anyone capable of creating an event that will spawn some divisions for the Allies which can be activated via console?

Thank you. Great mod still! And I really like the new graphic additions.