• Crusader Kings III Available Now!

The realm rejoices as Paradox Interactive announces the launch of Crusader Kings III, the latest entry in the publisher’s grand strategy role-playing game franchise. Advisors may now jockey for positions of influence and adversaries should save their schemes for another day, because on this day Crusader Kings III can be purchased on Steam, the Paradox Store, and other major online retailers.

Real Strategy Requires Cunning

Pasha

General
2 Badges
May 26, 2005
  • Darkest Hour
  • 500k Club
Hi, I observed that the AI (GB, FRA, GER, RUS, AUS) is not capable building any new troops during WWI campaign expect for the starting production that is coded. Is there any reason for this or is there a possibility for circumventing it? I loaded several savegames with different countries and the Entente is not building anything but using IC for supplies or consumer goods. Russia is not even reinforcing their Infantry Divisions. Sadly that killed my German Empire savegame because it became to easy in 1916 because they were losing so many divisions because of attrition...
Or is anyone capable of creating an event that will spawn some divisions for the Allies which can be activated via console?

Thank you. Great mod still! And I really like the new graphic additions.
I replied to you in the Grand Campaign thread. This might be by design. Does anyone happen to know if this is the case in the Vanilla WW1 campaign?

3strat.game

Recruit
Aug 30, 2020
HI! can i play in russian language? All new events and decisions havent names or descriptions. Also check ...config / text - line 1425 (Daily increase of %.4f) in the russian column, there is incorrect data
Darkest Hour v 1.05.1 (TUGQ)  Mods_Blood and Iron v1.0.7 26.10.jpg

Diolion

Recruit
13 Badges
Apr 8, 2020
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Semper Fi
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Darkest Hour
The soviets had 70+ tank divisions and 500+ infantry division by 1941.

Sweet.

• 1Like
Reactions:

kodiak491

First Lieutenant
33 Badges
Jan 18, 2003
Visit site
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Iron Cross
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Darkest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Arsenal of Democracy
Not sure if this is a bug or wad, but I am playing as GER and sometime after launching Barbarossa in late May of '41 and before July 1st my infantry divisions all of a sudden need 33! manpower instead of the usual 13 specified in the unit file. I have searched all the event files and cannot find out what caused this and I would appreciate knowing if it is something I did or a bug. None of the other division types have changed at all and its just for new divisions, existing infantry divisions remain unchanged.

May 27, 2016
I don't suppose you can play with counters rather than sprites?
Aren't the counters working properly or something? I don't remember changing anything on the counters. Anyway sprites and graphics in general is the main thing about this mod, actually initially it was going to be just a graphics/immersion mod but then I ended up building it on World in Flames 2 and I've also added like 85% stuff from Edge of Darkness, the balance though it's a bit different from both. But still this is a mod aimed especially for players who want the game to look better. I personally can't stand counters lol But anyway although I've not even tested the counters I can't see why they wouldn't work properly.

Btw each unit has its own sprite, that's one of the main things about this mod, so you can see as easily (or even easier) what the unit is as with counters.

Wroom

Corporal
18 Badges
Nov 17, 2019
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Darkest Hour
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
Aren't the counters working properly or something? I don't remember changing anything on the counters. Anyway sprites and graphics in general is the main thing about this mod, actually initially it was going to be just a graphics/immersion mod but then I ended up building it on World in Flames 2 and I've also added like 85% stuff from Edge of Darkness, the balance though it's a bit different from both. But still this is a mod aimed especially for players who want the game to look better. I personally can't stand counters lol But anyway although I've not even tested the counters I can't see why they wouldn't work properly.

Btw each unit has its own sprite, that's one of the main things about this mod, so you can see as easily (or even easier) what the unit is as with counters.
I checked and they don't work, they just have X's.

For me counters are more easily seen, show how many divisions and make it feel more like a board game.

Blecky

General
43 Badges
Aug 12, 2009
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Semper Fi
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Darkest Hour
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Steel Division: Normand 44 Sign-up
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • 500k Club
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Victoria 2
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II
I checked and they don't work, they just have X's.

For me counters are more easily seen, show how many divisions and make it feel more like a board game.
Have you activated counters in the launcher AND in the options menue?

• 1Like
Reactions:
May 27, 2016
Is this mod still being updated?
I've been modding Medieval II TW for a while now, already released my new mod and I've made some updates. I'm now working on a big overhaul to one of them (have 3 lol) and it's taking quite some time. After that I still want to do some small updates to the others, but once that's done I'll look into working on an update to this one. However it will probably be mostly graphics and audio stuff and also reintroduce the tutorial stuff for new players as apparently there are still some new players.

As for new events, the ones of other mods I know about for WWII are either alt history which is beyond the scope of this mod or stuff already covered by this mod. Not sure what else could I add on my own but maybe I'll come up with something :p As for WWI that's where it could be improved but I feel WWI doesn't go very well with this game engine as it was a very different kind of warfare. So it's more like a bonus I think.

Btw I've tested the counters and there isn't any problem with them, you guys just need to do as Blecky said: turn them on both in the launcher AND in the game menu options.

• 2Like
Reactions:

The Turk2

General
95 Badges
Jan 2, 2012
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Magicka
  • March of the Eagles
  • Knights of Honor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Impire
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
I've been modding Medieval II TW for a while now, already released my new mod and I've made some updates. I'm now working on a big overhaul to one of them (have 3 lol) and it's taking quite some time. After that I still want to do some small updates to the others, but once that's done I'll look into working on an update to this one. However it will probably be mostly graphics and audio stuff and also reintroduce the tutorial stuff for new players as apparently there are still some new players.

As for new events, the ones of other mods I know about for WWII are either alt history which is beyond the scope of this mod or stuff already covered by this mod. Not sure what else could I add on my own but maybe I'll come up with something :p As for WWI that's where it could be improved but I feel WWI doesn't go very well with this game engine as it was a very different kind of warfare. So it's more like a bonus I think.

Btw I've tested the counters and there isn't any problem with them, you guys just need to do as Blecky said: turn them on both in the launcher AND in the game menu options.
Actually you hit the nail on the head, audio & graphics sounds good (Which is already 100% why I downloaded this mod). Why did you remove a lot of the techs from EoD though?