• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hello, very nice mod but I need to ask few questions:

What's up with units recruitment time, 600 days to build mountain division? It makes the game a lot harder than Edge of Darkness. Also, looks like building IC takes slightly more time than in EOD.

Bug: There is a double event about Locarno for Germany, and which one should I fire now? :)
View attachment 617702

Choose the 2nd one, what happened is that when I compared the Mods file to EoD file with the tool it showed EoD didn't have it as comment on the top and then in the scenario file it doesn't get the vanilla one to sleep and I assumed EoD removed it maybe because of some conflict but they actually have the event there too so it didn't show up as a difference and I just overlooked it and removed the line from WiF2 to sleep vanilla one.

Tomorrow I'll reupload v0.9 with this fixed, in meanwhile just chose the coloured one and ignore the black and white one as it's vanilla, sorry for the inconvenience.
I'll take a look at the recruitment time and IC too.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Choose the 2nd one, what happened is that when I compared the Mods file to EoD file with the tool it showed EoD didn't have it as comment on the top and then in the scenario file it doesn't get the vanilla one to sleep and I assumed EoD removed it maybe because of some conflict but they actually have the event there too so it didn't show up as a difference and I just overlooked it and removed the line from WiF2 to sleep vanilla one.

Tomorrow I'll reupload v0.9 with this fixed, in meanwhile just chose the coloured one and ignore the black and white one as it's vanilla, sorry for the inconvenience.
I'll take a look at the recruitment time and IC too.

Also, what about tech teams? Where are they come from? I don't remember tech teams in WIF, but germany don't have Opel, MAN and Porsche for example. That is pretty bad in my opinion.

Well, maybe I will just wait for 1.0 version. :rolleyes:

Also, what about tech teams? Where are they come from? I don't remember tech teams in WIF, but germany don't have Opel, MAN and Porsche for example. That is pretty bad in my opinion.

Well, maybe I will just wait for 1.0 version. :rolleyes:

I've checked divisions building time and economy and they're exactly the same as in EoD so nothing to say here. Well WiF2 does add Opel and MAN to the German Colonies which is a WiF2 faction. You're free to do whatever you want lol 1.0 will not come anytime soon and I have other priorities than tech teams.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I've checked divisions building time and economy and they're exactly the same as in EoD so nothing to say here. Well WiF2 does add Opel and MAN to the German Colonies which is a WiF2 faction. You're free to do whatever you want lol 1.0 will not come anytime soon and I have other priorities than tech teams.

Well, so I'm doing something wrong or idk. I just extracted and play it as every other mod. Here you can see EOD on the left side and your mod on the right side. Sorry for the quality its from old screen shoot, but you can see 209 days vs. 365.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    300,9 KB · Views: 0
Well, so I'm doing something wrong or idk. I just extracted and play it as every other mod. Here you can see EOD on the left side and your mod on the right side. Sorry for the quality its from old screen shoot, but you can see 209 days vs. 365.
Have you checked whether ministers and/or sliders (Hawk Lobby; Free Market) are the same?

Hello,
First of all, this is a absloutely great mod and i really enjoy playing it. Great work.
I hit a problem when playing Japan. The fighter multirole 1938 (VI) animation does not show on the map. I've uploaded two pics. The fighter 1932 works ok, as in the picture, but not the 1938 model, and i cannot merge them. Can you check it out what's wrong?

Attachments

• Darkest Hour v 1.05.1 (QWGQ)  Mods_Blood and Iron v0.8 4_09_2020 23_43_45.png
    Darkest Hour v 1.05.1 (QWGQ) Mods_Blood and Iron v0.8 4_09_2020 23_43_45.png
    653,8 KB · Views: 0
  • Darkest Hour v 1.05.1 (QWGQ)  Mods_Blood and Iron v0.8 4_09_2020 23_45_16.png
    Darkest Hour v 1.05.1 (QWGQ) Mods_Blood and Iron v0.8 4_09_2020 23_45_16.png
    598,4 KB · Views: 0
Hello,
First of all, this is a absloutely great mod and i really enjoy playing it. Great work.
I hit a problem when playing Japan. The fighter multirole 1938 (VI) animation does not show on the map. I've uploaded two pics. The fighter 1932 works ok, as in the picture, but not the 1938 model, and i cannot merge them. Can you check it out what's wrong?

Yeah the bmp files are missing... Thanks for the report, here are the files, just extract to Blood and Iron v0.9, merge when asked:

Attachments

• gfx.7z
    122 KB · Views: 0
I've reuploaded the new version file with a few fixes inluding missing WWII Japanese figther bmp files and fix to double Locarno event. Also few adjustments in the misc file.

JAP fighter hotfix for the ones who had already downloaded the new version and don't want to download it again atm:

Attachments

• gfx.7z
    122 KB · Views: 0
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Ah zut! And why if I may ask..?

I'm not sure if we are talking aboutthe same event, there is the event plot to assassinate Hitler in the header in germany.txt but it indicates it's removed and the event itself is not there so I guess it was an event from Hoi II but was removed in Darkest Hour itself, I didn't remove it. There are historical events in the mod like that but they have the historical outcome. That said I'm not sure what exactly was the event that had been removed as I don't play this game or Hoi II for years, the HoI I played most recently was HoI III...

After I resumed my savegame from 1934 I got this error msg in the savedebug:

ERROR : Invalid TAG [#ITA] in unitnames.csv, line 30100!
ERROR : Invalid TAG [#ITA] in unitnames.csv, line 30101!

I'm guessing that's related to the h-sub files I replaced?

But something else that's very curious:

Reading map\map_1\navaldist2.tbl... Done! (1380 naval provinces, Read distances = 1904400)

ERROR : Invalid or missing location for naval unit (Kampfgruppe V) in Mods\Blood and Iron v0.9\scenarios\save games\Kingdom of Italy_1934_August_23.eug, line ~ 63024!
ERROR : Invalid or missing location for naval unit (Kampfgruppe VI) in Mods\Blood and Iron v0.9\scenarios\save games\Kingdom of Italy_1934_August_23.eug, line ~ 63054!
ERROR : Invalid or missing location for naval unit (Kampfgruppe VII) in Mods\Blood and Iron v0.9\scenarios\save games\Kingdom of Italy_1934_August_23.eug, line ~ 63084!
ERROR : Invalid or missing location for naval unit (Kampfgruppe VIII) in Mods\Blood and Iron v0.9\scenarios\save games\Kingdom of Italy_1934_August_23.eug, line ~ 63115!
ERROR : Invalid or missing location for naval unit (Kampfgruppe IX) in Mods\Blood and Iron v0.9\scenarios\save games\Kingdom of Italy_1934_August_23.eug, line ~ 63147!

Apparently the missing Kampfgruppe units are located in the mid of Africa, and they are transports.

After I resumed my savegame from 1934 I got this error msg in the savedebug:

ERROR : Invalid TAG [#ITA] in unitnames.csv, line 30100!
ERROR : Invalid TAG [#ITA] in unitnames.csv, line 30101!

I'm guessing that's related to the h-sub files I replaced?

But something else that's very curious:

Reading map\map_1\navaldist2.tbl... Done! (1380 naval provinces, Read distances = 1904400)

ERROR : Invalid or missing location for naval unit (Kampfgruppe V) in Mods\Blood and Iron v0.9\scenarios\save games\Kingdom of Italy_1934_August_23.eug, line ~ 63024!
ERROR : Invalid or missing location for naval unit (Kampfgruppe VI) in Mods\Blood and Iron v0.9\scenarios\save games\Kingdom of Italy_1934_August_23.eug, line ~ 63054!
ERROR : Invalid or missing location for naval unit (Kampfgruppe VII) in Mods\Blood and Iron v0.9\scenarios\save games\Kingdom of Italy_1934_August_23.eug, line ~ 63084!
ERROR : Invalid or missing location for naval unit (Kampfgruppe VIII) in Mods\Blood and Iron v0.9\scenarios\save games\Kingdom of Italy_1934_August_23.eug, line ~ 63115!
ERROR : Invalid or missing location for naval unit (Kampfgruppe IX) in Mods\Blood and Iron v0.9\scenarios\save games\Kingdom of Italy_1934_August_23.eug, line ~ 63147!

Apparently the missing Kampfgruppe units are located in the mid of Africa, and they are transports.

Well you must have done something wrong if the errors are just after you resumed the game. The files you were supposed to replace are just graphics, have nothing to do with unit names, you must have done something you shouldn't.

I found the following in the unitnames.csv lines:

#ITA;Inf;65a Divisione 'Granatieri di Savoia'
#ITA;Inf;40a Divisione 'Cacciatori d'Africa'

On all other lines there is no #. Is that significant?

I started a new game and the same things happened. I'll try a reinstall and see if that doesn't fix things.