• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Guys, if you find something odd regarding sprites animations let me know, especially Odecca sprites I've need to correct some wrong animations and in the case of the Leopard used as sprite for German MBT I've need to make 3 animations from scratch, so it's possible I've missed something.

One quick bug report, one of the french unit pictures is broken, I believe of the 1897 model

Sorry it seems I missed your post. Can you be more specific on exactly what the unit is? Infantry, cavalry? Is the image missing or? Also is the little image icon or the big one? I've just took a look at the model images and couldn't see nothing wrong.

I love this map layout, trees, the letters, however, not with the Map Icons, I prefer ones from DH vanilla. But overall it is really a beautiful layout. I dont play with sprites, but must say that the cavalry sprite, in particular, is beautifully made. Well done.
View attachment 606559

I love this map layout, trees, the letters, however, not with the Map Icons, I prefer ones from DH vanilla. But overall it is really a beautiful layout. I dont play with sprites, but must say that the cavalry sprite, in particular, is beautifully made. Well done.
View attachment 606559

Thanks, although the credits go all to the makers of the specific mods. Well if you play with counters it's normal prefering the vanilla map icons as they go better with the counters. TRP icons however I think go much better with sprites.

Are you guys finding the balance in the mod right? I've did some tweaks on my own on top of the WiF2 and EoD balance based on comments on their threads, for example in the Guns of August scenario I've toned down the dissent in some events as there were complains about being too high.

Sorry it seems I missed your post. Can you be more specific on exactly what the unit is? Infantry, cavalry? Is the image missing or? Also is the little image icon or the big one? I've just took a look at the model images and couldn't see nothing wrong.
Infantry 1897 model , the Skif picture I believe is called is bugged. Also on a related topic, I believe the 1914 scenario could use some rebalance as to not have the German army in Moscow by 1915. The Russians could start with a bigger army as to figth more effectively for example

Infantry 1897 model , the Skif picture I believe is called is bugged. Also on a related topic, I believe the 1914 scenario could use some rebalance as to not have the German army in Moscow by 1915. The Russians could start with a bigger army as to figth more effectively for example

Ok I've figured out the issue, that specific image isn't correctly saved as 8bit, the problem to fix it is I've been having problems saving images in 8bit with gimp, which I don't have with the sprites images as I can open them and edit whatever I want and then export and it keeps it has 8bit but when I try to do that to the models images it just don't work. I didn't had any previous experience with bmps images, I'm used to dds, png, jpg, etc. The easiest thing to do is to just copy the 1907 icon which is exactly the same just with the different date on it.

Regarding Germany in Moscow by 1915, what country were you playing? Did they had defeated France already? Do you know if this happens in WiF2? In that scenario all I did was tone down a bit the dissent from some events, either than that it's WiF2 balance.

Nevermind those images are 24bit not 8bit, I've fixed it. I've actually needed to use paint.net to save it properly... Here it is, fix to 1897 French infantry skiff icon, it includes the fixes to the sprites too:
Btw I'm experimenting with HOI IV minister pictures, would you guys like to have the pictures replaced with those? I'm not sure about it.

Attachments

• gfx.7z
    9,7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Reactions:
I can finally post links, download link and some pics in the main post. Apply also the fixes in the attachments if you haven't done so already.

I've gave up on the idea of HOI IV images for minister/leaders pics as I forgot there aren't WWI ones and even the WWII there aren't many... Although they do go better with Francesco images and the overall looks of the mod, maybe I'll make optional stuff in separate file for the major factions if someone want them for 1933 scenario.

Anyway I've made some tweaks around related to German ministers as I've used some of EoD changes but didn't made their tweaks to the german ministers file and added a couple more events related to them. I've also disabled the ability for player to change HoS and HoG as changing those can break some event chains, until the new version just avoid changing them.

I'll now look into improving some other stuff.

• 5Like
Reactions:
Guys, new beta version 0.7 released, I highly recommend you download this version.

Changelog:

- Includes all the previous fixes for the known issues, fixes also some other possible issues.
- Revised and tweaked several events and added a few more, also some new graphics like new images for some special units and unique map icons for capitals.
- Revised audio, added more for speeches events (also some replacements) and rearanged some playlists.
- Several other little things.

Installation:

- Extract to your Darkest Hour/Mods folder
- Choose Blood and Iron v0.7 on the launcher mods list (also check Unit sprites and Country-specific graphics)
- Play and have fun

(Note: the game might take up to around 1min and 15sec to launch due to the huge amount of sprites and events)

Darkest Hour 1.05 required
Checksum: BAEO

Blood and Iron v0.7 DOWNLOAD

• 3Like
Reactions:
I've took a look at The Grand Campaign mod events files and I've got this idea of adding a new third scenario which will be a grand campaign from the start of 1914 scenario to the end of 1933 scenario, I'll use TGC interwar events to link both scenarios.

Any plans for the third scenario of linking the 1914 with the 1933? Also a good idea would be for the future to consider events for the Central Powers winning since the TGC doesn't really have such events, even a merge with Kaiserreich if the Central Powers win. For now the third scenario would be enough and highly appreciated.

Any plans for the third scenario of linking the 1914 with the 1933? Also a good idea would be for the future to consider events for the Central Powers winning since the TGC doesn't really have such events, even a merge with Kaiserreich if the Central Powers win. For now the third scenario would be enough and highly appreciated.

Maybe to a later version, a lot of work already to the next version and I'll look into release it very soon as I still have a Bronze Age mod to finish for Med II TW and I want to focus on it after releasing 0.8 version. Are you sure about TGC not having events for Central Powers winning? Because when I've took a look at their events I'm almost sure I've seen many.

Last edited:
So I've merged EoD events from Generalplan_Ost and new_events files. I'll now look into make their changes to ministers so I can add all the events related to them (already did that for Germany). So the only ones that will be missing are the ones related to their new brigades and new countries, I did added the Arab State but that's just a renaming of Arab Federation apparently with no further changes (still need to make sure about it though). So the next version shall have included like 98% of the events.

I'll also look into replace event audio speeches from EoD with something much shorter as I don't think anyone want to hear the same politician speak for like 3 minutes in each playthrough :p

Any feedback about Operation Barbarossa? I don't want it to be too harder but not also too easy. Also do you guys prefer the misc balance from WiF2 or EoD? Atm the mod uses WiF2 balance in general as I think it might be better, here some key differences:

- Tech research time: In WiF2 takes longer and I think I like it this way.
- Experience: In WiF2 land units get experience slower (even more than vanilla) but airforce gets it faster and naval units much faster. I think this is is to balance the fact land units are kinda op in DH. Also the combat efficiency from experience in WiF2 is slighty higher.
-Sharing techs: In WiF2 countries can only share tech with their allies while in EoD this is not a requirement, not sure what t think about this, I'm think to remove the restriction, what do you guys think?

There are are many other differences I don't remember now.