• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
House Tully - The Prince's Pass: April 157-February 158

house-game-of-thrones-31246403-1600-1200.jpg

The southern Reach in late summer was beautiful, or rather, it would have been, had the Tyrell armies not already marched through it, racing for the Marches, but as it was, the flowers that the Tyrell sigil represented were trampled flat, and the fields that gave House Meadows it's name were speckled with the muddy footprints of both horses and men. The castellan of Grassy Vale was kind enough when the Tully host had made camp outside the castle walls, but the food he handed out to the army had been gathered up hastily, and not all of it had been thoroughly checked. At midnight, Oscar had all but ran into Kermit's room, urgently shouting that disease had broken out in the camps, and he had spent the rest of the night quickly trying to recall the contaminated food. By dawn, two thousand men had succumbed, and a great deal of their personal food supplies had been contaminated. Before they got out of the Reach, another five thousand lay dead.

When they reached the Marches, Kermit decided to split up the army up. He would take eleven thousand men, as well as a majority of their rations, and head straight down the Prince's Pass, while Oscar would lead his force to Nightsong to restock. Once they were in Dorne, they would be far away from any new supplies. With the Ironborn raiders in the Sunset Sea, food could only rarely arrive to the taken Dornish coastal keeps, and though word had arrived that Daeron Targaryen had landed his personal host on Ghaston Grey, the Dornish prison island, it would be a long track through the Red mountains to get there.

Riders sent by separate armies to inform the other hosts of their movements were more and more frequent as Kermit's host moved into the Prince's Pass. A man in Baratheon livery came from the east, reporting that Corwen Baratheon had encircled Yronwood, home of the family of the same name, with six thousand men, and later, a rider from the west delivered news of the Tyrell's successful siege of the seat of House Dayne, Starfall, which rested just west of the Prince's Pass, on a stretch of coast called the Torrentine. A few months later, when his men had encircled Skyreach, the seat of House Fowler, a rider in Kermit's own red, blue, and silver livery rode from the north, informing him that Oscar's men had found a guard tower in the Red Mountains, called the Tower of Joy, and taken it, installing a garrison of fifty good bowmen to hold it, as well as a raven trained to fly to Skyreach should the Dornishmen attempt a sneak attack. If the riders' estimate was right, Oscar would be here in just a few days. The morale of Skyreach's defenders was waning, Kermit knew, but with both hosts back together, they would run out of food quickly. Already men had succumbed to malnourishment or the searing heat of the Red Mountains, or both, and of the eleven thousand men that had encircled Skyreach, only eight remained, and Oscar's host had taken similar casualties. If they could get to Yronwood, and the southwestern coast of the Sea of Dorne, food and fresh water could be supplied from Ghaston Grey, as well as King's Landing and Duskendale. Kermit would not leave Skyreach un-taken, however. Once Oscar's men arrived, he planned to use their superior numbers to force the walls and assault the castle.

The night before the attack, Kermit surveyed the castle through a brass far-eye, the narrow part of which cunningly slid into the thick part. It had become a popular sailor's tool in the Far East, particularly the Slaver Cities of Astapor, Yunkai and Meereen. This tool, gifted to him on his five-and-fortieth nameday by Prince Viserys, the then-King's brother, had proved incredibly useful in his attack on the Prince's Pass thus far. Perched on the edge of a cliff overlooking the entrance of the Prince's Pass, the walls stood forty feet high, if Kermit had to guess. Eight tall towers reached skyward, the blue hawk on silver of House Fowler fluttering from the top of all the towers but the tallest, which bore a great war banner, five feet across and ten feet high, bearing the sun and spear of House Martell. The gate was doubtlessly thick for such a strategically important castle, made out of the wood of the blood orange trees that the Dornishmen were so fond of. 'We'll need a ram for that.' thought Kermit. Though upon his host's arrival, the Dornish had burned all the wood that they could before being forced to retreat inside the castle, his outriders reported a handful of outlying natural citrus tree groves. Pulling himself back to the present, he looked back through the far-eye. 'They must know what's about to happen, there are double the sentries posted.', and indeed they must have. Guards now walked and stood in pairs where they had once been alone, and the torches were always lit. While this would make it harder for a preemptive strike in the night, it also allowed Kermit to better scope out the castle. He had long since memorized the guards' patterns, as well as the signs of a sally to come. They were not going to get a better opportunity than this in the foreseeable future, and they would soon need to make for the coast if they were not to starve.

And so, having considered all courses of action, at the crack of dawn, Kermit ordered the assault. Both his brother and Benjicot Blackwood had agreed that this was the most prudent course of action. Ladders and a ram were fashioned from citrus wood, and every Tully man, old and young, green boys and greybeards, prepared for their first battle of the war. The defenders, as Kermit had predicted, were prepared, but so was he. First came a solid shieldwall of Tully men-at-arms, their shields having been doused in the poisoned well water beforehand. Directly behind them were a line of archers. With practiced synchronization, the two groups moved and stopped together, slowly advancing towards the walls. Next came the ram, surrounded my men-at-arms, creating a shell around the ram with their shields. Following them were the ladders, each held by fifteen men on each side, their shields raised, and after them were a few more shieldwall lines, their archers firing as they went. The rest of the army laid in wait, waiting for the signal to attack.

The assault went well. The shieldwalls drew the Dornish fire, and the ram was able to get to the gate with minimal casualties to it's guard. A handful of the ladderbearers fell before they could reach the walls, most of the ladders reached their destination before the defenders could bring them down, and Kermit sounded the attack. Over ten thousand Tully spears, bows, swords, and axes stormed up the ridge, with Kermit himself at the head. He himself was the first man on the walls. Having been climbing with his sword hand and holding his shield above his head, as he neared the top, he suddenly switched, letting go of his shield and letting it hang by the straps while the now free hand clutched the ladder, and wrenching free his sword from it's scabbard with his other hand, drawing it back and thrusting it upward, feeling satisfaction when he felt it meet with a Dornishman's neck. Pulling it back and taking his victim with it, he heaved himself onto the battlements. He quickly brought up his blade to direct an incoming spearhead harmlessly into the floor, before gripping his shield and swinging it towards the offending Dornishman. The iron rim made contact with his opponent's face, sending him reeling. Kermit was quick to step forward and finish the job. Turning around to find his next assailant, Kermit was instead greeted with the sight of a seemingly endless stream of Tully men flooding the walls from the ladders. It was only a matter of time until the castle fell, now that the walls were almost taken. Calling for his men to follow him, he stepped over his dead opponent, heading for the gatehouse.

Kicking open the doors, the score of men in the chamber above the gates turned toward him, drawing their weapons and advancing. Then, though, the men behind him started streaming in, and the Dornishmen changed their plan. The twenty men were quickly dispersed, Kermit managing to kill three himself. It was only after the battle was done that Kermit noticed the boiling pots lined up against the wall, and the holes in wall over where the gate tunnel would be. Looking through one of the holes revealed perhaps two score men in the tunnel, desperately bracing themselves against the gate. He turned back to issue a command, but his men were way ahead of him. Putting on the heat-protective mittens of one of his fallen foes, Kermit grasped a pot of boiling oil in his hand, and carried it over to the hole in the wall. Looking to his men holding other pots, he nodded. "On three, men. One. Two. THREE!" On the final number, Kermit upended his pot through the hole, his men doing the same. Screams from below greeted him, and more boiling oil was brought and poured until the screams stopped. Stepping outside the gatehouse, Kermit bellowed an order to the ram to stop. Proceeding down into the now Tully-controlled courtyard, he ordered his strongest men to open the portcullis with the nearby winch, and then he and his followers entered the gatehouse from below, stepping over the seared corpses of his fallen foes. It did not take long for him and his men to remove the timbers from the gate, and he left them to open it up. After the last defenders had been subdued, he accepted the castellan's surrender in the great hall of Skyreach, before ordering him and all prisoners to be taken to the cells below, and for all prisoners to be identified, and, if a non-Dornish soldier willing to join their army, released. After ordering his commanders to select a hundred good men to stay as a garrison, he then surveyed his men. Less than ten thousand remained to him, but it was still a sizable force.

Still, though, they would have to do. There was no raven leading to the Riverlands in the castle, them having all been slaughtered when the castle's fall became apparent, so he couldn't have Lucas Lothston bring up his ten thousand men. It was a shame. Food was now flowing into Ghaston Grey and the conquered Dornish keeps quickly, and one of the land entrances to Dorne was completely under Westerosi control, the other almost so. It would've been an easy journey. It was no good thinking about could've been's and would've done's. Right now, there was a war to be fought, and Lord Kermit Tully intended to fight it at Yronwood.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hello all. I won't ramble on for as long this time. I realize that 5000 words in 2 and 1/3 days is probably too ambitious for someone with hardly any prior writing experience, so it'll probably be more along the lines of 2000-3000 in the future. Still, I really enjoyed writing this, and I can't wait for the next session. I'll definitely remember to take screenshots then, as well as notes, as I'm not entirely sure as to what happened myself. I keep forgetting names and locations and getting them mixed up. Sorry, but hopefully I can fix that in the next session. Have a good one! :D

House Targaryen
158 years after Aegon's Landing
wFUiPe4.png

Chapter 2: The Conquest of Dorne, Part Two

I sat on horseback and gazed to the fields in front of me where men fought and died, and to the city beyond. The Martell army stood between my Reachmen allies and their capital, determined to not let me take their seat of power. Only too well I understood their reluctance to admit me to ride through those gates and place a red-and-black flag atop the great tower of Sunspear. They would fight and die before letting that happen, and I was willing to give them that.

After the Battle of Yronwood the Martell host retreated whereas my men and I embarked my ships, heading back towards Crownlands. The six thousand men I'd left behind to defend the capital had been raised by Lord Rosby when a word reached them that Lord Massey, a bannerman of mine, had taken up arms on Dorne's side, with his two thousand men. Which Lord Rosby had easily wiped out, and after that taken the seat of House Massey, Stonedance. While some eight hundred men still prowled the Kingswood, heading towards the Dornish Marches according to my reports, I did not consider them a threat. Unlike the Martells, although their Greyjoy allies had lost some ten thousand men already from their host of fourteen thousand.

As I sailed to Massey's Hook and combined my hosts, the Reachmen under Lord Lyonel Tyrell and Lord Leyton Hightower sailed the Redwyne fleet to Sunspear. When word reached Lord Aidan Dayne, he turned his men around and quickly marched to defend his liege's capital. I arrived just in time to stand by the Reachmen in this battle, their numbers now bolstered by my thirteen thousand Crownlanders. I had little time to organise my men, but my allies eagerly handed over command to me and my more experienced generals, Lord Commander Caron and Ser Sarmion the Stormbreaker, veterans of the battles of Ghaston Grey and Yronwood.

gINdPR6.png

Atop my horse I could see across the field what happened. Our right flank under Lord Sarmion held the most men and was effectively annihilating the Dornish, led by Prince Marence's young, cruel brother Rhodry, who curiously had been named as his Hand. But the Sword of the Morning, Lord Aidan Dayne was doing the same to our center, determined not to let the folly of Yronwood happen again. And not so far away I saw flags of House Greyjoy, the remaining of his once formidable host, marching quickly to join the battle alongside their allies.

Although the Dornish lacked any heavy cavalry, they instead used skirmirsh tactics, deploying archers on horseback who rode close enough to my troops to send arrows flying at our ranks, but moving swiftly enough to be a hard target for our own. Ahead of me I saw the banner of Lord Wex Blacktyde, who assumed the command of the Dornish flank that was facing mine. He had faced me before in the Battle of Yronwood, and was now more than eager to give us a payback for his humiliation. Supported by the men of General Ricasso, they engaged in close combat. While their shieldwall was not as organised as ours, they had more men.

Cries of the dying were loud amidst the clash of steel against steel, but I had learned to close myself from them. I only saw what was happening and what needed to be done. Our center was soon collapsing, with the light cavalry of Dornish crashing through the men of Lord Commander Caron. I stirred my steed and galloped with my retinue to aid our men, meeting the foe with sword in hand. The banners of House Dayne pressed further on, and our men began a hasty retreat. A sudden fear overtook me as I saw our host split in two, but I fought on, cutting down one of those foolish enough to venture too close. Aemon the Dragonknight and the rest of the Kingsguard were beside me, effectively wiping out those with hunger for glory and a desire for kingslaying.

Lord Leyton was soon by my side in an armor that was stained with blood. 'The day is theirs', he said regretfully, and I knew he was right. Though we were losing perhaps the most important battle of this war so far, I knew the war itself was not lost - if I made it out alive. No doubt the enemy's attention would soon turn to the dragon banners, and while my men were bravely holding out against the Ironborn, even my knights could not win if they were attacked from side as well.

'Sound the retreat', I said regretfully to Lord Alyn Velaryon, and he nodded back sadly. Seeing what needed to be done, Lord Leyton turned his horse around. 'For the Seven! For the King!' I heard him shout as he rode to the aid of his men, to stall the Dornish attack in our center for just a little while longer, allowing the flank under my command to retreat.

nZ6Nz7h.png

My men hastily retreated towards the coast where our fleet awaited to take us to safer waters. Though there were casualties as the Ironborn pursued us, the Reachmen were suffering the most. Lord Dayne, having completely destroyed our center, then turned his attention to our remaining flank. Lord Lyonel Tyrell and Lord Leyton Hightower retreated with what men they could, but their way to the Redwyne fleet was cut off by the Iron Fleet's sudden arrival. Unable to aboard their ships, they instead made a retreat towards Plankytown with the Dornish right behind them.

The combined fleet of Dragonstone, Driftmark and King's Landing followed the coastline, fighting off the Ironborn. It was near Plankytown where the Ironborn finally gave in and the Reachmen were able to embark. But only a handful of the soldiers managed to evade the Dornish; most were killed in another battle that took place around the coastal city at the mouth of Greenblood river.

'Leave your sieges', I told my lords in letters as the combined fleet of Reach and Crownlands sailed back to the shores of northern Dorne, to sit on Ghaston Grey. 'It is time we destroyed their armies once and for all.' Although most of western Dorne was in our hands with Boneway, Prince's Pass and Torrentine taken, this war would not be won by taking their keeps. We needed to take their lives.

Our war was very different from the Conqueror's. The Dornish, no longer afraid of dragonfire, had raised the greatest army since the days of Nymeria. Every man capable of wielding a spear had taken up arms, to defend their homeland and their precious independence. And while we had won a many great victories and taken their homes, they were determined to turn the tide of the war. Whereas our army consisted of several hosts, led by lords with more or less plans of their own, the Dornish marched under a single banner with the remaining Ironborn meekly tailing them. I do not know what Lord Veron Greyjoy's thoughts were, for his casualties had been high and his presence in Dorne left his homeland undefended from the Lannisters who had seized the opportunity and were now besieging Pyke.

The last battle of the war loomed before us. Should we win this and defeat the Dornish on the field, I knew the Martells could not recover from that. But if we suffered one defeat as great as the one at Sunspear, I knew we would lack the men to keep the war going. While all the Northerners under the heir of Winterfell, Rickon Stark, had finally come to Dorne, they were weary from having suffered a long march across the whole continent, and were lacking rations required to keep their army in the fight. The heir of Casterly Rock and my future brother-in-law Jaesin Lannister had also come, leading a host of five thousand men while the main army of the Westerlands was busy pillaging the Iron Isles in a fury of vengeance over Lord Lannister's dead sisters, their lives taken by the Greyjoys but not before being raped.

RUlE4vz.png

Word reached Ghaston Grey that the Dornish saw the same as I, that the tide was turning. They came seeking for a battle and I prepared my host to sail to the aid of the Northerners camped at shores of Tor. But when I arrived to the camp of the Stark, Lannister and Tully host, there were no signs of the Martells. They had stopped their movement when the notion of my arrival reached their ears. Now our armies were locked in the same place, taking casualties even though there was no battle. Sun was effectively doing what Dornish spears were relucant to.

This was their land and they knew its ways. Time was on their side, for they could draw resources anywhere they wanted whereas the local population turned their back to us. And if we were to take what we needed by force, our war would not be as just as I meant it to be. As I watched my forces slowly dwindle, I realized what I needed to do. When I announced that we would march against the Martell host despite them having the higher ground, some took doubting glances at me. Our armies were wearier and divided, suffering from illnesses and hunger. Even Lord Leyton Hightower was said to have a fever, caught at the time were retreating from Sunspear. But our ragged band of brothers marched once more under the Targaryen banner.

DAa1btU.png

k4LeNlP.png

(King Daeron led an outnumbered, weary host to the last fight of the war. The Battle of Ghost Hill would later become the stuff of legends, but at the time it seemed a desperate move from a desperate king)

Valemen under Lord Hunter who had defied their liege lord's decision to not take part in the war were the first to engage the Dornish who held the higher ground and were better positioned on the so-called 'Ghost Hill.' Only two thousand Riverlanders had survived the horrors of Prince's Pass from their host of twenty-four thousand, and Lord Kermit Tully's brother Ser Oscar led them to the aid of the Valemen. The Dornish rained no arrows upon the attackers; instead a formidable spear wall awaited the Targaryen host on the side of Ghost Hill, all the while the sun and spear of House Martell danced with the wind, their banner resting on the highest ground where Prince Marence Martell watched the battle unfold. What followed was chaos, of course.

zXIdhyx.png

While I tried to keep the men under my flank organised, the rest of our army was not doing so well. Five thousand Reachmen had sailed to the shores of Ghost Hill and attacked the Dornish from the side, all the while Rickon Stark joined the battle with his wolves. Seeing the combined forces of Tyrell, Hightower and Stark annihilate their flank, commanded by Rhodry Martell, it is said Lord Aidan Dayne himself decided to join the fight in an effort to turn the tide of the battle. With Dawn he cut down Lord Franklyn Peake, one of Lord Tyrell's top generals, but even the death of the veteran of Yronwood and Sunspear was not enough to lower the attacker's morale, and the ageing lord of Ashford took the command of the center after his comrade met his end.

It is as if the battle awoke something in the Northmen, who fought twice as hard, now more determined than ever to avenge their fallen brothers. Lines broke and suddenly the battle was all around the hillside, and none seemed to have a good grasp who was now in command. Ten thousand soldiers, united by a single purpose if not a single leader, swept to the side of Lord Dayne's center, effectively sending them to a rout.

Seeing the Dornish retreat, I ordered the cavalry under my command to charge and cut off the Dornishmen's way out. We rode around the hill and then charged again, meeting the runaways face to face. As our enemies saw that retreat was no longer an option, they either threw down their arms or received a cold, goodbye kiss from Blackfyre.

1EhYSk6.png
QTUraGq.png

The Martell host was defeated. It is said that when Prince Marence saw that all hope was lost, he did not have any words of wisdom. There was no talk of bolstering spirits for what was inevitably coming next. Only one word left his lips. Shit.

My vassals gathered on top of Ghost Hill beside the fallen Martell banner to pay witness to the end of the conquest. Prince Marence Martell, his brother Rhodry and all his vassals who had not fled were brought before me. Lord Veron Greyjoy was the first to bend the knee and offered his son and heir Alton as my ward and hostage as a compensation for his treason. I allowed him to keep his life and lands, saying that we both had lost enough men. But if he strayed again he would also lose a son.. as if he hadn't already.

The same went to all the vassals of Prince Martell. They were allowed to return to their homes and to see to the damage done in exchange for a pledge of fealty. And so one by one, starting from Lord Dayne, my enemies swore to become my loyal subjects. Last came Prince Marence, who reluctantly bent the knee. 'Let me keep my lands and my vassals, and my family will bow to you', the Prince of Dorne spoke. I weighed his words carefully and what they would mean.

Only one word left my lips, one small word that would change everything and be the start of something else.

No.

7mZqcCT.png
sTtNMur.png

RY9fEO1.png

(With their independence soon but a distant memory, the spears of Dorne are bowed, bent and broken)

Last edited:
house_hightower_by_juan026-d56cvmq.png

House Hightower - 157 AC- 158 AC
Lord Lyonel Hightower awoke that day, his chamber high in the Hightower. He'd loved travelling to the top of his mighty spire, and as such requested his cellar be on the higher end of the 700 foot tall structure. Of course this preference made it a chore when he had to leave, and a chore for people who needed to see him urgently. To remedy this Lyonel kept a solar lower down so he might be more accessible. He had a bath drawn for himself, dressed, and helped himself to a hearty meal of burnt bacon and geese eggs. Before long it was time to face the trials of the day. A servant had informed him Maester Dale had a raven from King's Landing.
l7jE1Pw.png
\\
yZ8LB8c.png

(Lyonel Hightower, to the right, and Bradwell Hightower to the left. Lord and heir to House Hightower respectively)
Lord Lyonel's mislike for the boy king was well known. Daeron was the son of Aegon III, who was the son of Rhaenyra Targaryen. Leyton's own father, Ormund Hightower, had led the Greens against Rhaenyra. There was hardly an alternative, but the fact a Black King sat the throne seemed an insult to him and his family. A raven from the King would seem like a great honor for many lords. To Lord Lyonel, he suspected an insult.
He descended the steps to the council room. Lyonel informed a servant to call his advisors together. They would decide what to do about this raven from the King. They would also discuss the call for war against Dorne. As much as he misliked Daeron he misliked the Dornish even more. One thing at a time, and he entered the council chamber.

All rose when he entered. Among those gathered was his son Bradwell, the maester Dale, as well as Lords Mullendore, Beesbury and Ambrose. The scroll was passed to Lyonel and he cracked the seal, a three headed dragon. He read the letter slowly, Dear Lord Lyonel, of the House Hightower. Our houses once enjoyed a prosperous union. Your family served my house well, and I mean to forgive the woes of the past. Two Hightowers have been queens, and you would honor me if you'd allow me to make Lia Hightower a third. Let us bind the realm together. Signed, King Daeron of the House Targaryen, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms and Protector of the Realm.
Hightower.jpg

(The Hightower of Oldtown, the tallest structure in the world)
Lord Leyton read the message aloud, hardly believing it. The King wished to marry his niece. The Yong Dragon! The Warrior reborn! All of the loathing Daeron had received seemed to vanish. How could he refuse such an offer? A King had come to him seeking to patch up things. He'd be a fool to refuse.
He looked to his councillors, who were even now urging him to accept the offer. "Of course I'm going to accept it. Not only that too. We're sailing to Dorne too. Send a raven Dale. Tell King Daeron I graciously accept, and tell him I'll meet him in Dorne."
XwC2Wfi.png
174px-Jeyne_Westerling_47.jpg

(Lia Hightower)

The deck of Shield of Oldtown bustled with activity. Redwyne had the largest fleet in the Reach. House Hightower came next with fifty warships and near ten times as many merchant ships. Lord Leyton had set out from Oldtown, himself on his flagship Shield of Oldtown and his son Bradwell on his own Beacon. They'd left carrying 7,000 men, all wearing the green and grey of Oldtow. They sailed for Yronwood, where ravens from the King and Lord Corwen Baratheon informed him the majority of the host was gathering. Leyton would sail around the tip of Dorne and meet with the rest of the King's host. His liege lord Lyonel Tyrell was already there. He'd link forces with him.
Reports had said much more than just positions. King Daeron had already won himself a victory at Ghaston Grey, and Lord Baratheon had encircled the castle. Tully was bringing a host down the Prince's Pass and his own Lord Tyrell had occupied much of the Red Mountains of House Dayne. The enemy had been making movements too. If the scouts could be believed, Lord Aidan Dayn and Prince Marence Martell were regrouping after Ghaston Grey. Everyone believed they meant to make battle within a fortnight, all the more reason Lord Leyton get there in time.
Weeks later, camped on the shores of northern Dorne, the raven came. Maester Dale had come with the troops, bringing with him a great deal of ravens. A raven from the King informed him the Martells were marching on Yronwood. Little had a moment passed after Leyton read it did he call his men to put up the tens and get back on the ships. "We're already late, and we have a battle to fight!"
When we arrived the battle was already in motion. He could see banners from Stark, to Tyrell, to Baratheon, and notably Targaryen. The Dornish host had pushed the royal army to the brink, but they were still holding. Lord Leyton jumped off his ship, rallying his men about him. They were 2,000 heavy horse, 500 of those knights. Another 1,000 were light horse, and the rest foot soldiers and archers. Leyton knew time was against him, so he commanded his son to bring up the infantry while Leyton himself led the cavalry into battle.
kqXDT.jpg
(Yronwood, the fortress of the family that bears its name. The battle joined below the formidable castle)
Leyton had arrived just in time it seemed. The entire host was wavering, it was only a matter of time before they broke. The Martell host seemed no more confident, however. It seemed anything could tip the balance in eithers favor. That thing was Leyton Hightower.
As his men gained momentum they suddenly halted. About 100 horsemen were trotting towards them, led by a maester and two black-haired boys. Bearing the Stag of House Baratheon Leyton figured they might be little lords. He did not have time to deal with them however, and commanded Lord Mullendore to see they meet up with Bradwell bring up the infantry. His son was smart enough to see whoever they were well cared for. It was only after the battle Leyton learned they were the sons of Corwen himself. Lucky indeed.
Leading his knights into battle, he plunged into the center of the Martell host, effectively shattering the Sword of the Morning's center. Bradwell Hightower brought up the infantry, reinforcing the line of the Starks. Together they drove a wedge through the Dornish center. Divided into two, the Martell host panicked and routed. Lord Leyton's Late Charge, as the singers of Oldtown call it, proved to not be late, but just in time.
latest
(Lord Leyton Hightower's charge broke the Dornish center and won the day for King Daeron)
Lord Hightower had won himself much glory, but the war was not over. Lord Leyton would learn that the hard way.​

Last edited:
#TeamHightower

game-of-thrones-house_martell_sigil-wallpaper.jpg

Gathering Spears
"Nymeria didn't flee from dragons just for us to bend the knee to them!" Rhodry shouted.

2PfWC6I.png

Rhodry was the only one of his siblings to take after his father and prefer the spear to the quill or poison. He would be the best fighter in Dorne if it wasn't for the Sword of the Morning. Bold and ruthless, Rhodry was an excellent warrior and Marence entrusted him as his Hand in this time of crisis, to the great annoyance of Aidan.

L3C7Kuk.png

But he was also rash and thick-headed.

"We beat the dragons once before, we can do it again!" Rhodry shouted again. This time many of the bannermen applauded. "I say we take the fight to them. Burn Oldtown once more!"

"Are you mad?" Aidan asked increduously. "We will get slaughtered if we do it your way."

FwZU82A.png

Aidan was the people-pleaser in the family. He loved to talk and if there was a fight he would avoid it. Instead, he preferred flattery and kind words. He was a useful diplomat for the reclusive Marence and could handle difficult vassals like the Yronwoods, Ullers, and Wyls.

The time for kind words had passed, however. But that did not mean Aidan would not try to find away around a direct fight.

"I say we avoid a pitched battle," Aidan said." Let the heat of the desert and smallfolk do the work.

"Send assassins against them like our forefathers did!" Uncle Deziel, the spymaster, yelled.

FEISIn4.png

"We have to reach out to other houses," Aunt Ariana, the master-of-coin, said. "Mayhaps the Ironborn would be amenable to an alliance. I am sure they seek another chance a their independence."

x3OorrJ.png

The hall became an unbearable cacophony of overlapping voices.

"Enough!" Prince Marance shouted. All eyes turned toward him as he stood and unsheathed his sword.

pvrAtGz.png

Marence's mother, the Princess Aliandra, had died only a mere two years ago. Throughout her long reign she had kept the kingdom together and prepared them for the eventual showdown with the Iron Throne. But she had died unexpectedly young and the fate of the kingdom was thrust upon the young Marcene's shoulders. Could he uphold his mother's legacy?

aByOuII.png

"We shall fight," the prince announced. His bannermen cheered.

"But we will not do it recklessly," he added. "Let them bleed in the Prince's Pass and the Boneway. Let the desert melt their food and water supplies. As much as I would prefer it, however, we cannot wait for them to march to Sunspear. By then too many smallfolk would be dead and the whole of Dorne would be lost to us ((damn CK occupation warscore)). We must choose our battles carefully. Attack isolated or depleted units before they can be reinforced. Use the terrain to our advantage. That way will lead us to victory, as it did the last time."

"You are also right, Aunt Ariana. We must make alliances. The Ironborn are a perfect match. We shall betroth Mariah to Greyjoy's eldest boy."

AbQ78jI.png

36wMxjx.png

1WjIBH1.png

His wife, Tristana of House Jordayne, glared at him. He knew she was not pleased that her eldest daughter would be sent to a godforsaken rock where women are treated less than dirt. Most importantly, it would mean that Mariah would lose any inheritance rights and she could not be the senior partner in a marriage. But they all had to sacrifice for the good of the realm. Besides, he had other plans for the rest of their children, Maron and little Nysterica.

atMJIoG.png

88Y6Im3.png

sD6dHwO.png

"Rhodry," he called to his brother, who gave him a look of confusion. "You shall also be included in this marriage pact. To fully ensure Greyjoy's commitment to the alliance you shall be betrothed to one of his daughters."

vCXLYvj.png

Rhodry immediately snapped to his feet and glared at his brother.

"Why can't Aidan do it?" he snapped. Most of the bannermen chuckled, as they knew Rhodry's sexual peculiarities. He had hoped to stay a bachelor and enjoy his unique lifestyle. Unlike most realms, homosexuality was tolerated in Dorne and it was perfectly acceptable for a third son of a large family to engage in the practice and stay unmarried, provided he did not flaunt it.

dXS8HxD.png

Aidan rolled his eyes and replied, "He wants the handship but none of the responsibilities."

"Oh, you will play a role as well, brother," Marence said smiling. "We all must do our part. Put your diplomatic talents and sources to good use and find a nice daughter of one of the ambitious bannermen of the great houses. Perhaps we can make some trouble."

Aidan grimaced. No doubt he preferred a voluptuous Dornish woman (the Dornish did not even bother worrying about whether she was a maid or not).

"It's a longshot," he replied. "We would have to look outside the Reach and Stormlands, of course."

"I have no doubt you shall arrange a good match for yourself," Marence said. It was a brilliant idea. How often did second sons complain about the matches their father or brother made? But if Aidan was given the power to do it himself then Marence would never hear a word of complaint from him. And maybe the alliance could prove useful for this war or down the road.

agJ7gN6.png

"Last but not least we must find a match for you, uncle," he said. Deziel had been a bachelor all his life, mostly contenting himself with the occasional mistress. However, most of his attention was focused on intrigue, spycraft, and smuggling.

"Try Arryn," Aidan said. "He has an old maid of a sister and I doubt he would be very interested in this war."

"Uncle, what do you say?" Marence asked.

"Fine," he grunted. "I suppose I do not have a choice even if she is as homely as I imagine."

FS6HBXe.png

"Then it is settled." The prince then left the dais and leaped on the closest table. "Men and women of Dorne, today begins a struggle that shall be told and retold to our descendants for the next hundred generations. It shall be a tale of hardship, resistance, sacrifice, destruction, and victory. Men and women around Planetos shall look upon each of you and say, 'He fought in the Battle of Dorne.'"

"We are the descendants of Nymeria, who resisted the might of Old Valyria. We are the descendants of Princess Meria, who did not submit to Aegon and his sisters. We are the Dornish: unbowed, unbent, unbroken. Who will stand with me and fight for our freedom!"

Aidan Dorne, the Sword of the Morning (already a legend at the age of five and twenty), stood. He unsheathed the legendary Dawn. The room fell silent as pale light flooded the hall.

SkfBgH3.png

"I shall, Your Grace," Dayne said.

"So shall I, my son," his father, Quinlan said as he put his hand on his son's shoulder. Though he was old, his father was still a brilliant warrior.

411Vrba.png

A chorus of "ayes" and oaths followed. Ullers, Wylls, Jordaynes, Qorgyles, Daynes, Fowlers, and even the Yronwoods swore their allegiance to the righteous cause.

And so the War of the Dornish Resistance had begun.

MkTGJlw.png

The main reason why I enjoy being part of this game is that although I make my own story, others are part of it and will see things differently from their point of view. Each decision, no matter how small, will send a ripple across the game. How hard the wave it creates hits each one of our players is always different.

Seeing things from the Martell persective is something I'm eagerly looking forward to.

House Tyrell prologue is up. No Tyrell has died yet, so we've probably ground out the curse and redirected it to Norremitore's internet connection.

Reactions:
House Tyrell prologue is up. No Tyrell has died yet, so we've probably ground out the curse and redirected it to Norremitore's internet connection.
*grumble-grumble* For what it's worth, the first instance of the Tyrell curse came after the prologue. You're not safe yet :p

I can say with certainty that Highgarden shall remain the new 'Harranhall' :D

Reactions:
Hey, so far all I've got is a plague of daughters. I'm perfectly happy with that.

HOUSE STARK
Game-Of-Thrones-Sigil-Hbo-House-Stark-315x851.jpg

Winterfell, the North
157th Year Since Aegon's Conquest

The clash of blunted steel against wood resounded through the courtyards of Winterfell, occasionally overcome by the loud, frustrated cries of the master-at-arms, Benard Cassel. Lord Stark, his father, had called upon a number of his banners to service in response to the King's demands, bringing some twelve thousand men filing towards the capital of the North. Some were veterans of the wars of years before, hardened from both conflict and time itself. Others, he knew, were boys dreaming of glory that could be won in this conflict far afield from home, the prospects one could find during the long journey across all Westeros to subjugate the Dornish. He knew better, however. This would be no glorious affair, it would be slaughter and starvation beneath an oppressive Dornish sun.

With a scowl, Rickon Stark made his way across the covered bridge from the armory towards the Great Hall. Though many had assumed that the Old Man of the North would again ride south, bringing justice and victory for the Iron Throne, it would seem as though his father had something else in mind. "This is not my war," Cregan had said to him in private, "And I have served my King on the field of battle before. No, you, my son, shall use this war to make a name for yourself." Resting a heavy hand upon his shoulder, Cregan concluded, "You must not merely be Rickon, the Old Man's son. Prove to the banners that shall come to serve you that you are worthy to be the Lord of Winterfell." And so it was, now clad in a hauberk of ring-mail over boiled leather, that Rickon went to join the assembly of lords that would be leading the banners south.

Benard.png
Alaric.png

The Great Hall was filled with the voices of men, laughing and jeering about the campaign to come. Few could see as clearly as he and Maester Bartimus what a fool's endeavor it would be, sending Northmen from one end of Westeros to the other. Even knowing this, however, Rickon could not help but give a wry smile as he looked upon his fellow 'wolves'. Far above anyone else, Rickon could hear the boisterous laugh of Lord Alaric Umber, a stout and strong man rare to shy away from a good fight, and it came as no surprise that the mighty Umber was boasting of how many Dornishmen he would slay, exaggerating deeds yet to be accomplished. Rickon gave a little snort of amusement, shaking his head as he plodded his way to the high table, boots thudding heavily upon the wooden stairs.

Seeing his eldest son approach, Cregan Stark rose slowly to his feet. Seeing their lord paramount was getting ready to speak, several of the men hushed their companions, and soon all eyes were upon the Lord of Winterfell, with his beloved wife and younger children all nearby. "My lords, as surely you have now heard, His Grace has called upon his banners, intending to finish what his forefather had started." Cregan cast a steely gaze across the hall, ensuring all understood the severity of the matter at hand. "We shall raise our banners to support the young dragon in his endeavors, for much as the North remembers, so too have the dragons remembered the steadfastness of our support! Long did his father, Aegon Dragonbane, favour the North, bestowing upon the North countless riches and rights for our loyalty and service in aiding him to sit upon his rightful throne, and by the shedding of our blood in this conquest of Dorne, may we remind the dragons who truly support them!"

A cheer echoed throughout the hall, motivated in equal parts for the continued honour of Lord Stark and the prospect of great rewards for their service once again. Unmoved, Cregan allowed his men their rejoice, waiting for the hall to quiet again before he continued, "My lords, we shall march thirteen thousand swords to aid His Grace in the deserts of Dorne." By now, Rickon had managed to join his family at the high table and so Cregan motioned to him, saying, "My son shall lead five and a half thousand of these men - men tried and tested either in the conflicts against the men of Aegon the Usurper or proven here in the North, while the remainder shall follow soon behind once Lord Cassel has seen to their training." Cregan gave a brief nod of respect, though Benard was still out in the yard, drilling the young boys who had been called to service.

Cavan.png

"I would join him!" cried out a voice, and as the people looked to see to whom it belonged, they saw it was Cavan Ryswell, the Lord of the Rills. He was a man as proud and fierce as the stallion his family used in their sigil, a Northman through and through. Head held high, he continued, "Let my axe drink deep the blood of Dornishmen, my Lord, and my boots tread upon their sands."

With a faint scowl of displeasure, Cregan heaved a heavy sigh. With a shake of his head, he regretfully replied, "Were that I could spare you, Cavan, for the Dornishmen are not our only foe. The Ironmen show their true nature once again, and now stand in open rebellion to the Iron Throne. I will have you see to the defense of our shores along the Sunset Sea, for I can think of no man more capable than you to accomplish that end. Lords Mormont and Flint shall aid you in your endeavors here."

Though clearly irate that he was not allowed his desire, to be able to journey the length of Westeros again and see the Southron lands, Lord Ryswell bowed his head in deference to his liege, replying, "As you will, my lord." With that, the proud Lord of the Rills sat back down, wrapping an arm around his young son, Devyn, whom rumours held would be fostered in Winterfell in due time. A brief look was spared for Lord Mormont, the Old Bear, and Lord Flint, already beginning to foster a reputation as Wyman the Just.

Wyman.png

Acknowledging Lord Ryswell's acceptance of his orders despite his displeasure, Cregan gave Cavan a polite nod before continuing, "Lords Reed and Liddle shall accompany my son, while-"

"WHAT?!" boomed out the voice of Lord Umber, slamming a fist powerfully enough down upon the table to crack the wood, "We trust a fat, little frog-eater to defend your son?!"

The outburst having tore his attention away from one of the serving girls, Lord Jarett Dustin, Lord of Barrowton and son of Roderick the Ruin, looked to Alaric Umber with mild displeasure, wryly remarking, "A fat, little frog-eater quite capable of putting a spear in a Dornishman's throat, my Lord Umber. Regardless, if you would let our Lord Stark continue…" Lord Dustin gave a courteous smile to Alaric Umber, all while Lord Vayon Reed smirked to himself, soon shoveling another fork full of roast boar into his mouth.

Jarett.png
Vayon.png

Looking stoically towards Alaric as he took his seat, Cregan gave a brief nod towards Jarett for calming Lord Umber down. With that, he proceeded, "My Lord Umber, you are to command the remainder of the army, once Lord Cassel deems them fit for service." Ignoring the grumbling of Alaric about 'green boys' amidst several muttered curses, Cregan continued, "Lord Bolton and Robett Tallhart shall aid you to this end."

Rickon glanced across from Lord Umber, who continued to fume silently over the task he had been assigned, towards the Lord of the Dreadfort. Though it had been several hundred years now, Lord Roose Bolton seemed to never forget his house once held the title of the Red Kings, and it was with this regal dignity that Lord Bolton always carried himself, especially to charm any lady that caught his fancy. With a slight shake of his head, Rickon slanted a smile across towards his father, thankful that he was conscientious enough to give the command to Lord Umber over Lord Bolton, who always acted cautiously but deliberately. Were the reinforcements in Roose's hands, they might only arrive in Dorne once the war was over.

Roose.png

Looking then towards the group of northman chiefs, trying to find his other companion, Rickon found himself surprised when so suddenly the very man he sought was looming over him, clad in those heavy furs and studded leather armor that would surely boil the man when he arrived in Dorne. With a laugh, the clansman gave a rough slap to Rickon's shoulder, declaring, "The Rickon will have a spear in his back if he daydreams as he does." Jonos Liddle grinned toothily down at Rickon.

Born the son of a Norrey, Rickon had always been popular amongst the clansmen, if no one else, and he respected their prowess in battle greatly. With a dry chuckle, he jested back, "A bit of thinking would do you well, Liddle." He took a glance down towards Jonos' other hand, tankard full of ale. With a slight wrinkle of his nose, Rickon continued on, with one of those rare, sincere smiles, "I am glad that father decided to send you with me."

Jonos.png
Karl.png

"Lords Karstark and Glover shall hold their banners in reserve, to be sent to Dorne or aid Lord Ryswell here in the North, as they are needed," declared Cregan, giving a polite nod to the head of the Stark cadet branch of Karstark, Lord Karlon, as well as to his cousin, Lord Bowen Glover. Rickon could spy his young half-brother playing with his daughter while Karl Karstark watched. In a world where so many seemed to play this game of thrones, Rickon felt Karl was one of the few genuinely kind people, for if he held any cruel ambitions within his heart, he hid it remarkably well.

With a subtle nod towards his maester, Cregan then waited to be delivered a small scroll. Holding it up in hand, Cregan then concluded, "Know this, my lords, as we ready to march to war for the Iron Throne - we march not only out of duty, honour-bound to support our liege, but we support a man who remembers his vows as well. The Pact of Ice and Fire has not been forgotten, and Daeron has seen to it that it shall be fulfilled after these thirty years. Mere days ago, His Grace has fulfilled the promise his grandmother made, that a Targaryen princess shall wed into House Stark." Rickon's heart sunk. He was already wed, which could only mean… "Thus it is that Princess Elaena is to be officially betrothed to my son, Jonnel, and wed when the time is right."

Ice%20and%20Fire.png

Rickon had stormed out of the meeting shortly after this declaration. How cruel fate was, to have the prestige of the hand of a princess pass over him, into the hands of a boy not even matured. Fortunately, the cheers of the Northmen did well to hide his escape from the feast, allowing him to finish his preparations for the journey south. His part of the army would rendezvous at Castle Cerwyn, the domain of his good-brother. With Jonos Liddle riding alongside him on the small, shaggy pony the clansmen were fond of riding, and Vayon Reed tolerated a bit of a distance away, Rickon rode into Castle Cerwyn.

Fortunately, he would not have to linger long. Wydron Cerwyn was a fool of a man, ruling his petty castle like he was a king. Yet, it was not his pride that offended Rickon the most, though with so little talent supporting the man's naive, boastful claims, that could have earned him his good-brother's enmity all the same. No, it was the pontification Lord Cerwyn was so fond of delving into, praising the gods for this and that, spending an inordinate time in his godswood. Of course, rumours held that Wydron went to the godswood to do more than merely pray sometimes.

Wydron.png
Sarra.png

His half-sister was little better, Rickon was disheartened to admit. The eldest of Black Aly's daughters, and twelve years younger than him, Sarra had taken the loss of her mother quite hard when she was young. In time, though, these wounds had scarred over, but the sweet young girl of her youth was forever gone. Now she had become a cruel mistress, prone to all sorts of gossip and false praise. Her husband's delusions of grandeur seemed to suit her well, for she was quite fond of being the lady of the castle, with all the influence and power that came with it.

Lingering in Castle Cerwyn for only as long as he had to, even Rickon had to mutter an exasperated prayer when the army finally arrived from Winterfell, having taken a few days to see to their wagon train for the journey ahead. It would be a great many leagues before they would reach the scorching sands of Dorne, and by Maester Bartimus' best estimates, they would arrive only but shortly after the coming of the new year. As Rickon led the long column of soldiers, men armed with spears and bows, rugged swords and staffs of mountain ash, he could not help but wryly wonder what Lord Tully might think when this army arrived in Riverrun, for in place of two ladies of House Stark and a few retainers, he would now have to, at least briefly, entertain some five and a half thousand Northmen. With a wry laugh, Rickon gave a shout to his men. The Northmen would begin their march south through Westeros once again.

Rickon.png

Northmen.png

Last edited:
House Greyjoy Chapter I – The Dornish War Part I (157 AC)

fWLMTms.jpg

CTDLHNT.png
Qg7jRZH.png

6Wc5iSd.png

It was decided, House Greyjoy and all of the Iron Islands would be free of the shackles of the Iron Throne. Many people thought me mad, saying that joining the war alongside Dorne would be the death of many a great Ironmen. But the deed was done and the alliance sealed with two marriages. Alton, my son and heir was married to Princess Mariah while Grisella was married to Prince Rhodry King Marance’s Hand of the King. Now we were bound to join Dorne against the Iron Throne. Ravens were sent out to every Ironborn vassal, with orders for every able bodied warrior from all over the Isles to converge on Old Wyk, the most sacred of the Iron Islands. From that holy place we would sail down to Sunspear and join the Dornish in being free from the Iron Throne we were heavily outnumbered true enough Starks, Lannisters, Tullys, Baratheons and Tyrells had thrown their support behind King Dareon but I will feel the weight of a driftwood crown, no a free crown upon my head or die trying.

House Baratheon
xr3n6hW.jpg

We Guard the Way (157-158)
Yronwood, Arion hated this place. If Storms end was a Castle, this Pile of stones against the mountains was a backwater, a Backwater that had held those responsible for the defense of dorne for over a hundred years. Now of course it had fallen and Arion had been here, camped for months. When asked why, Lord Corwen had replied only with "We Guard the Way", House Yronwood's words, the same house that was being held prisoner in their own dungeons after surrendering and then attempting to have the locals rise up and arrest the meager force Father had left to protect himself.

"Jonald will be here within a week" Lord Corwen spoke from his seat at Lord Yronwood's solar. He had taken Lord Yronwood's dagger, the one that was said to have been in the families possession since the old days when House Yronwood were still kings of Dorne. He finished this thought and then firmly planted the Golden blade into the small map right on the boneway "With eight Thousand fresh men from Storm's End, the Ones i've held back" he added.

Father had been decidedly cautious this entire war, Only committing to open battle when he absolutely was sure there was no deception, and avoiding pitfall after pitfall the Dornish marches attempted to open for House Baratheon. Though Trancred, Arion's brother didn't know why or how and now he finally had a chance to ask.

"Father, Why have we let the Starks advance further south without us" Trancred asked from another seat at the table.

Lord Corwen looked up, He had not spoken to either of his sons since the battle for more than a sentence outside of plans, and battle commands.

"Your Great, Great, Grandfather, Oyrs once underestimated the Dornish, when he attempted this conquest a Century and a half ago. The Dornish took his hand, and the Hands of all of his men so they would never again raise them against Dorne"

"But we took Yronwood, Weve made it into Dorne, Oyrs was ambushed long the Boneway" Arion spoke

"Too Easily I might add" Lord Corwen "If the Dornish wished to keep us from their deserts, their poisoned wines and their vipers they would hold at the Boneway, we encountered no army, and when they attacked us here at the Yronwood they had only lost Six Thousand of their number, as many as we had"

UaBARDT.png

"All the more reason to assist in hunting them down, right father?" Trancred asked again

Lord Corwen smiled, "Always so curious, No, we would be playing into their hands, as I advised Daeron as well, though he did not heed my advice and sailed for sunspear instead"

"Whats wrong with sunspear, It is thier capital is it not?" Arion added

"It is indeed, the Jewel of the Dornish desert some would say, However the Dornish know the Desert more than we do, When Daeron landed they immediatly gave him and the Tyrells battles outside the city"

ZG6T2a4.png

Lord Corwen retrieved a note, one he had read earlier in the Morning and placed it on the table "This came from Maester Pate late last night, Read it Arion"

Arion took it from the table, it was written not by a Maester's hand he could see that Much, in fact it looked almost like Uncle Sar's handwriting, since the words were sometimes much larger and sloppy as if they were written by someone whose hand was too large for the quill.

"My Lord Brother, We were set upon by the Dornish outside Sunspear. The Main host fell upon us from Ghost Hill, With command of my heavy horse I had shattered their left but Lord Commander Carron had lost the Center. I found myself Isolated between two Dornish Lines with a Daeron's retreat Horn Sounding. I had feared the worst and commanded my Men to retreat, I had later learned the Dornish had only lost an estimated two thousand men most of whom were those attempting to take the King, or had failed to retreat from my Horsemen."

Z3Yz71h.jpg

Arion stopped "Is the King dead, Father?"

Lord Corwen simply nodded a brief 'no' and then spoke "Read on"

"Lord Hightower and Tyrell are currently retreating to Plank Town where they hope to hold the River, but King Daeron has made his intent clear, we are returning to Ghaston Grey, I suggest you gather the Levy from Storms end, and prepare to Hold Yronwood again, we cannot afford to lose the Boneway while we lick our wounds."

Lord Corwen then held his hand for the letter and Arion gave it to his father. He then spoke yet again

"I am right to be cautious boys, If we had ridden with the King we would have lost the Boneway and Lords Stark and Tully may have found themselves without aid in taking this castle or Wyl"

They had stayed in Lord Yronwood solar talking for what seemed to be half a day, mostly about what was going to be done once Jonald arrived with the second Levy. Only broken by Maester Pate walking in the deliver a message or a Servant, to deliver food, or Water.

Arion had noted that his father had taken only water since arriving in Yronwood, and orders his men to do the same, Another Precaution? he wondered, Water was clear, easy to check for a common poison, though Arion didn't know much about Poison, almost all of the servants however had been replaced by more familiar faces he noticed, Loyal faces.

fcp9yVr.png

Finally Lord Lundrum appeared in the doorway, clutching a letter and out of breath Lord Lundrum Estermont was an old man, whose grey hair was thinning more more more around the center though he refused to cut what now remained still attached to his head, He was in charge of drilling the soldiers back at Storms End and had always taken a little too enjoyment with punishment of disorderly troops. Arion hadn't seen lord Lundrum in months he thought. Wait I hadn't seen him since we were last at Storm's end

The Old Lord nearly doubled over as he walked in, the stairs up to the Yronwood solar were long, the tower they were in after all looked over the entire pass, better to allow Lord Yronwood to make his house words mean something.

"My Lord Corwen, I have word from your brother Jonald" Lord Lundrum spoke.

Lord Corwen who had been speaking with Tancred stopped and looked at him Silent "Estermont, I did not expect you for another day at least"

"No Time my Lord, Word from Ghaston Grey arrived, Your Lord Brother had ridden onwards to the Scourge to join with the Starks, It seems the Dornish are giving the Young Dragon battle, at Ghost Hill"

Lord Corwen took his dagger from the table and stood "Then we have no more time to lose"​

Last edited:
House Tyrell - Chapter 1 - Lyonel I
FCDScOf.jpg

157-158 AL
Lynesse stretched on the bed like a cat and looked at Lyonel with hunger in her eyes, head resting on her palms.

"Do you have to go?" she whined.

Lyonel chuckled as he retied his doublet. "Much as I would like to spend the day in bed with you, I do have work to do." He turned to face his barely flowered, yet already beautiful, lover. "And you, spymistress," he wiggled his finger teasingly, "should know better than to mix work with pleasure."

Lynesse huffed. "I've already dealt with that! All I do is send out letters and make oblique threats to petty lordlings that are getting too big for their britches. It's dull."

Lyonel chuckled. "Do I hear you asking for a tangled web of political intrigues?"

Lynesse sighed and rolled her eyes. "No, I'm not." Her smile widened. "I'm just looking to... fill the time, so to speak."

Lyonel snorted. "Well, as enticing as that offer is, I have obligations I need to see to, like arranging Rylla's tutors."

Lynesse's parting huff was rather cute.

czRB1Iw.jpg

noDK4ba.jpg

A month later, Lyonel's preparations for riding out to Oldtown to organize the gathering fleet were rather abruptly interrupted when Rylla ran up to him and hid behind his legs, giggling all the while. Lyonel looked down at his daughter, rather bemused, as he heard the loud and angry stomping of someone approaching and a familiar voice crying "You little harridan! Get back here!"

Lynesse came up short when she rounded the corner, her anger floundering, as Lyonel looked back between his daughter and the woman not even thrice her age with an amused expression.

Lynesse paled. "I... I mean no disrespect-"

Lyonel waved her off. "It's no matter, though I do get the feeling that I'm missing something."

Some of Lynesse's anger returned to her, and she huffed, waving distractedly at Rylla. "This... this..." she took a deep breath. "Rylla called me fat." She practically spat the last word.

Lyonel, for his part, merely raised an eyebrow, lightly grasped his daughter's shoulders, and gently dragged her into view, kneeling down to look her in the eyes. "Did you?" he asked.

Rylla nodded, a little too fervently.

"Why?"

"Because she is!" Rylla said in her high pitched voice, pointing a finger over at Lynesse, who was starting to grow red. "Look at her tummy! You can see it!"

Lyonel looked over at Lynesse with a bemused expression that gradually turned into a thoughtful one. She had, indeed, put on weight. And in a very telling area.

He turned back to Rylla. "That may very well be true-" he snapped up a finger in Lynesse's direction when she huffed angrily "- and you should always strive to tell the truth, but you can also be nice about it. What you said was rude," Lyonel put on a stern look and slightly raised himself so he was looking down at his daughter. "And Lady Lynesse is quite put out by it. Do you see a way you could have been nicer?"

Rylla's eyes drooped, and she seemed alternately embarrassed and sad. "Yes, father."

Lyonel smiled and patted her cheek. "Good. Now, don't do it again. And apologize to her; truth or not, you should avoid insults."

Rylla nodded sullenly and turned to face Lynesse. "I'm sorry." she mumbled.

Lyonel stood up and faced Lynesse, who was regarding him with narrowed eyes. Her gaze shifted to his daughter, and her visage softened somewhat. "So am I," she said, "but that still wasn't very nice."

Rylla seemed to droop further, and Lyonel chuckled, patting her on the back. "Alright, go on. You've learned your lesson."

Rylla seemed to perk up and ran away, deeper into the castle. Lynesse waited until she was gone before narrowing her eyes further. "You think I'm fat?"

Lyonel rolled his eyes. "I think Rylla can't tell the difference between fat and with child." he said coolly.

Lynesse's expression changed, and her hand darted to her belly, wandering around there as if looking for the curve. Her expression flickered between worry, exaltation, and joy, before turning to sadness.

"I'm going to need to get moon tea." she muttered.

Lyonel jerked back as if slapped. "You would kill our child? Why?"

Lynesse looked at him with surprise. "They would be a bastard! You have your reputation to think of. And, given your previous habits, this must have come up before."

Lyonel shook his head slowly. "It never has." he said quietly.

Lynesse stilled. "Oh." she said. She sighed after a few moments, then looked him in the eyes. "I'll... I'll consider it."

Lyonel nodded. "A kiss? I leave on the morrow."

Lynesse looked at him consideringly. "Oh, why not." She leaned forward, and they wrapped themselves in a passionate embrace.

kDVtlxu.jpg

0EBTvdl.jpg

"Again! Again!" Rylla and her friend Estalia chanted. Estalia was, as far as he could tell, two namedays older than his daughter, and he was fairly certain the orphan girl was a former cook's girl. Now, however, she seemed to be the instigator for most of the pair's "adventures," these ones especially.

Lyonel sighed. "Girls, you've been fighting for an hour. Aren't you even a little bit tired?" They were currently within Starfall's courtyard; the grand keep had fallen to their siege a week earlier, and now all that remained was to re-organize the army, send part of it marching into the Dornish deserts, and bring the rest back on to the Redwyne fleet and sail around Dorne to the pass between Dorne and the Stormlands.

Rylla pointed her little wooden sword at him and shook it in a manner that he was certain was supposed to be threatening. "No! We're having too much fun."

Lyonel shook his head. "Sword fighting isn't meant to be fun, it's meant to be serious."

"Well, it is. Fun, I mean." Estalia retorted. Lyonel just shook his head again at his wards' antics.

jbOgbhG.jpg

Ldmly5N.jpg

Lyonel heard a cough from beside him, and noticed one of his messengers standing there with a furled letter in his hand.
"Message for you, lord." The man held the letter out. "From your wife, lord." he added.

Lyonel nodded and took the letter even as Rylla and Estalia bounded up to him, begging to know what it said.

"Now now children, this is private. I'll tell you later if I can. For now, take a break. Drink some water; these Dornish climes bring thirst mighty quickly."

Rylla and Estalia pouted, Rylla more than her friend, but they grudgingly trod off after a few moments. Lyonel snorted in amusement and then carefully opened the letter, apprehension growing as he read through the short, very short, letter.

"You promised me that there wouldn't be any other women, and now there's a daughter.
Your spymistress whore wants to name her Alicent; I want an explanation."

Lyonel sighed and furled up the letter again. This... was going to be awkward.

daxeukb.jpg

"Sunspear was an unmitigated disaster! We had the choice of ground, the greater number of men, the greater quality of men, some of the best commanders in the Seven Kingdoms, and still we lost!"

y8QQni3.jpg

Lyonel was pacing frantically on the hard stone floor of Ghaston Grey. The last few weeks had not been kind to him, with the death of the better part of his - and the King's - forces around Sunspear, and their subsequent retreat to the Redwyne Fleet, number severely diminished from the near thirty-thousand Reachmen and Crownlanders that had lain siege to Sunspear just a month prior. Of the grand host that had marched - well, been ferried - out of the Reach, only six thousand remained, about a fifth of the numbers they started with. Most of the rest were littered around Sunspear and the surrounding areas, dead, dying, or imprisoned.

Rylla was off in a corner, playing with... something, Lyonel couldn't tell. His daughter had insisted, rather vigorously for her size and age, on attending these meetings. Lyonel acquiesced sometimes, mostly when nothing too important was actually being discussed.

"And yet, the Dornish knew how to fight in their lands, were bolstered by those traitorous Ironborn, and were lead by the Sword of the Morning. It is not any particular wonder that we lost, merely the unfortunate truth. And in any case, Lord Tully marches east even now to cut off and destroy their last army." Samyle Tarly, a man getting on in years but no less capable for it, spoke from his position on the other side of the table that Lyonel had appropriated with the King's blessing. Tarly was Lyonel's second, and the only other person currently present in the room.

Lyonel sighed. "I know, I know. It just angers me. We were so close to ending the war, and then it all went wrong." He shook his head. "In any case, only roughly twenty-two thousand Dornishmen remain. Between us, the King, the Riverlanders, and the Northmen, we can break them. The question is when."

Samwyle nodded. "I shall go see to the men, make sure they are prepared to set out on the fleet again. The final battle will be along the Northern coast, Ghost Hill most likely. The Dornish will want to secure every advantage they can get."

Lyonel nodded and waved. "Go then."

Samwyle Tarly nodded and left, almost as spry as he was in Lyonel's youth. Age had been kinder to him than most, but it had still affected him. Once he was gone, Lyonel organized some of the papers on his table before wandering off to look at what Rylla was doing, kneeling in front of her once he got there.

"What are you doing?" he asked, curious at his daughter's antics.

Rylla didn't look up at him as she continued... drawing? "I'm making a dress!" she proclaimed. "I've been looking and writing down what everyone's wearing, what it looks like. Everything!" She looked up at him briefly and beamed before looking back down. "But I don't know how to make it." she sounded despondent at that.

Lyonel chuckled and ruffled her hair. "I'm sure your mother would love to help you once we get back."

hqkhWt7.jpg

Rylla looked back up at him, looking a little sad. "When are we going home? I miss mother."

Lyonel smiled sadly. "Soon. A few more months, at most."

They were interrupted by a knocking at the wooden door, followed by one of his guardsmen peeking in. "There's a Braavosi by the name of Roro hear to see you."

Lyonel frowned. "Interesting. Well, send him in."

A bald, hard-eyed man with a black beard that stretched all the back to his ears walked through the doors a moment later, Estalia trailing behind him while glaring at him. Lyonel raised an eyebrow.

"And to what do I owe the pleasure?" Lord Tyrell asked.

The Braavosi inclined his head slightly. "My interest was peaked. It is not often I find children playing with snakes without a care in the world, much less girls, much less girls that have an idea of how to use a sword." He straightened back up. "Recent events have been turbulent." He chuckled. "I have recently lost my commission because of them, and ships have not exactly been available to go elsewhere."

Lyonel raised an eyebrow. "And are you offering your services again now?"

The Braavosi nodded, tilting his head slightly to the left. "Your ward is very interesting, and I find that being a master Water Dancer difficult without any money or patronage."

Lyonel hummed and turned to his older ward. "And you, Estalia? What do you think?"

Estalia huffed. "He's mean." She glared at the Braavosi again, who simply chuckled. Estalia scowled, then looked away. "But good." she added after a moment.

Lyonel laughed lightly. "Well, I think that settles that. What did you say your name was?"

"Roro, my lord."

"Well, Roro, I have to finish fighting this war, but once that is finished, you are welcome to return to Highgarden with us. Who knows, you might even teach my daughter a few tricks."

For some odd reason, she and Estalia giggled at that.

Ew4DVnf.jpg

A month and a half later, battle was joined at Ghost Hill. For the better part of a day, the Dornish held the high ground, the Sword of the Morning beating off all attempts to break the Dornish lines. By the time the Tyrell forces arrived, charging down from their ships, the center and left flanks were already beginning to break. Lord Lyonel divided his forces, leading half to the King's aid while the other half were placed under the command of Lord Elyas of Ashford, whose charge finally broke the nerve of the already fragile Dornish center. Not even the Sword of the Morning could rally a defense after that, and by the time night began to fall, the Dornish and Ironborn were routing, their forces soundly defeated.

mDCdJ9E.jpg

QCZBk0Q.jpg

Dorne surrendered a day later, and the war was finished. Lord Lyonel, however, had more pressing issues at home...

house_hightower_by_juan026-d56cvmq.png

House Hightower 158 - 159
Lord Lyonel tossed and turned in his bed, beads of sweat dripping down his forehead. The boat rocked lazily from left to right, only furthering the queasiness Lyonel felt. The Shield of Oldtown was bound for home, following the victory at Ghost Hill. Lord Lyonel could not enjoy, however. Bradwell sat beside his father, wiping the sweat from his brow. Bradwell's own fever had passed, whilst his fathers had remained. Through clouded vision Lyonel barely registered his son's being there. Lord Lyonel had taken a deadly fever after the Battle of Sunspear. In his fevered dreams he remembered what brought him here.

The last time he felt healthy it had been after Yronwood. Many agreed he had swung the battle in favor of King Daeron, and the battle had won him much acclaim. But the larger part of the Dornish host survived the battle, and were regrouping near the Tor. Lord Lyonel and his men knew the war was not over, and planned to embark again on the morrow. Lyonel dreaded it, for he knew investing Sunspear would put his men at peril. But it was a risk that could win the war, and he had the backing of Lord Tyrell and King Daeron.

The plan was simple. Lord Hightower would siege Sunspear, putting the Dornish host trapped between their own capital and Yronwood. They'd have to choose one fight, or divide their host. If they attacked Yronwood, Sunspear would surely fall. If they attacked Sunspear, the forces in Yronwood would regroup. Reinforcements could arrive.

They set sail at dawn, and within the month found themselves gazing at the jewel of Sunspear from their ships. They embarked quickly, and set up siege lines. Lord Lyonel commanded his archers to let the ravens go. He wanted the Dornish to know what was going on. But Lyonel underestimated the fighting spirit of Lord Martell. Three fortnights later Lord Tyrell joined him, and King Daeron's Royal Navy was spotted on their way. Another fortnight later the Martell host appeared. Lord Hightower grew uneasy, and almost called his men to their boats. But his King was watching, and knew if they held they could win the war here and now.

The next day the battle began. Without wasting anytime the Dornish sounded the attack. Lyonel drew up lines and prepared to weather the assault. From the coast, Lord Hightower saw, King Daeron was moving onto shore to join the fight. Hold here, Lyonel kept telling himself. Hold here and win the war.

latest

(The Dornish attacked with a fury Lord Hightower was unprepared for)
The battle was as viscous as any. Sarmion Stormbreaker smashed the Dornish right, but in the center the Sword of the Morning avenged his defeat at Yronwood. Lord Commander Reynard Caron proved unable to hold his lines. Slowly but surely we were losing ground. King Daeron for his own part was holding his own, but it would not be enough. Lord Hightower saw first, and knew what had to be done. If King Daeron died here the war was over. His safety paramount.

Sighting the King's royal standard, Lord Hightower and his personal guard cut their way to him. "The day is lost, Your Grace." The King seemed to understand, bringing his men to retreat in good order. For his part Lord Hightower turned roaring, "For the King, for the Seven!" In a final charge he met the Dornish before leading his men towards the Greenblood. Thankfully the Dornish took for him, not the King.

The next few weeks were hell. The Dornish gave them no reprieve, chasing Lord Tyrell and Hightower all throughout the Broken Arm. Supplies ran low, and the Reachman host struggled in the desert. In his desperation the Hightower camp took to drawing water directly from the river. Something foul and sinister was amidst that water, for Lord Lyonel and Bradwell Hightower took ill. Many and more took fever. The hard reality of Dorne was that the very terrain fought against them. When Lord Hightower finally struggled onto his boats he had lost more than half his men. The rest were sick or wounded.

Lord Hightower, through his deteriorating health, was determined to finish what he started. He sent the better part of his fleet home, sailing with a meagre ten ships to join the King again. When he charged into battle at Ghost Hill it was with his son and forty other men. They joined the center with King Daeron, fighting side by side his liege and his king. It is said after the battle Lyonel collapsed, needing to be rushed to his ship.

450px-Jedruszek_moment_of_glory.jpg
(The Battle of Ghost Hill was the deciding battle of the war)

Now they were here, Bradwell looming over his dying father. Bradwell Hightower had survived his own fever since before Ghost Hill. Lyonel had only gotten worse. The King was enjoying his victory, having accepted the surrender of Marence Martell. Lords Baratheon, Tyrell, and even Rickon Stark were celebrating with the King. There would be no revels for Lyonel Hightower. Bradwell knew his father was dying.

For his good service, the gods granted Lord Lyonel Hightower one last gift. He saw Oldtown before he died, and in a covered litter was brought to his favorite balcony on the Hightower. As he was brought through the cobblestone streets smallfolk crowded around, cheering. Victory had swept the Realm, though mourning would come soon to Oldtown. On the second day of the year 159 after Aegon's Conquest Lyonel passed in the Hightower he takes his name.

Lyanna_funeral-578x200.jpg

(Lyonel's remains were interred in the crypts of the Starry Sept)

House Arryn - 159-162

559px-House_Arryn.PNG

Lira was stretched on the bed when Jonothor entered. He was not sure what he was doing. It had been almost three years since the Young Dragon had declared his conquest of Dorne, and now it was over. When the smallfolk tried to storm the Eyrie in protest of him doing nothing about the war, he had hit Maester Wyl in his anger. Normally there would be absolutely nothing to fear, yet the Bloody Gate had turned over to the peasants, as did the Gates of the Moon, and they managed to hide from the archers he had set on Stone, Snow, and Sky, half of which had turned against Jonothor. They did not reach the Eyrie, but only because Uncle Josten had led a sortie out to defeat them, yet half of his force had died on the way down. Yet even in the Eyrie, there were traitors. Every night, one of Jonothor's trusted retainers and knights were found dead, a bloody falcon drawn above their bodies. Jonothor had taken to hiding in his bedchambers with Lira and Donnel, and rarely stepped outside after Ser Robert tried to kill the Lord of the Vale. One of his vassals had even defied him and marched to Dorne. He remember the dagger of Ser Robert that grazed his chest... yet Lord Hugh had stopped it. He had made a deal with Jonothor: if he could give the Eyrie peace after two moons had turned, he would be named regent if anything happened to me.

Ah, one moon turned, and no blood was spilled that night, and another moon turned, and not a single drop of blood had fallen in the Eyrie. And Jonothor watched as Lira bit her lip as he told her the news. In fact, he had just given Lord Hugh the regency. It felt right, for only Hugh had stopped the murders, and even when I sent one and a half thousand knights to Dorne by way of Gulltown, the murders continued.

"He could be the one leading the attacks! This could just be part of their plan! He is the Falcon, I tell you!" Lira was barely twenty, yet she spoke with a determination Jonothor had never seen in a woman. There were rumors about Hugh being the Falcon, which the lords had taken to calling the orchestrator of these attacks, if there was one.

"Lira, trust me. We can trust Hugh. Even if he is the Falcon, he has brought us peace. You must thank him for that, at the least." Jonothor did not want to fight Lira right now. He felt a churning in his stomach, and a sudden urge to move his bowels, and he needed to end this quickly. He was the lord, and he was the law. None could tell him what to do. He undressed and spent his usual hour in the privy, all the while listening to Lira's convincing arguments. No wonder so many lords "donated" to the treasury.

When Jonothor was done, Lira was still stretched naked on the bed, touching herself as she shouted. Jonothor jumped into bed and kissed her. He did it because he loved her, though since Hugh came to the Eyrie it was more likely he was just shutting her up. She was like to wake the king shouting like that. He pulled his lips off hers, and she was giggling like a maid.

"Donnel." That word shut her up. Lira would go through hell and back for Donnel.

"What about him?" Lira tried to not show the worry she had, Jonothor knew.

"I have a match for him." He had thought long and hard about him, and he was sure of the decision.

"Already? He is only two, Jonothor. Give him time."

"There is none. He is to marry Lysa Tully, daughter of Simona Corbray and Edmure Tully, son of Lord Kermit, when they are of age." Lira giggled when he said Kermit. She said it was a funny name. Jonothor agreed.

"A Tully? How old is she?"

"Two. A few days younger than Donnel, I would think. Enough for tonight. Time for bed."

Then, to celebrate the peace, like he had done since it had begun, he fucked her hard and good.

------

"Grey plague? Where is it? The Eyrie?"

"Old Anchor, my lord. Half of the men in the castle woke up healthy and strong, and by even fall they were dead or dying. The maester that had written the letter had died just minutes after it was sent, his replacement told me. Even now, the lord is hiding the dead bodies on visiting ships, to rid herself of the burden. This is bad, my lord. The plague could spread-"

"And why should I care? Tell me something of import, Wyl." Wyl was still alive, to Jonothor's disappointment. He had hoped for a younger maester, one who was of the Faith, not a tree-worshipper. Nonetheless, Wyl was good at his job, caring for the rookery and doing whatever maesters did.

"Very well. Lord Petyr still holds a grudge against you, after what you did at the feast, my lord." Ah, Petyr. Jonothor was nice enough to invite him to his feast to celebrate Conrad's wedding to Selyse Hightower, yet Petyr did not have the decency to accept Jonothor half-hearted apology when he spilled that wine on his clothes, soaking them and revealing what lay, well, underneath. Apparently a hard cock was one of those things.

"Har. Let him do what he wishes. Does he want to take off my smallclothes and see what's underneath? I wouldn't blame him."

"He demands, compensation, my lord." Wyl was quivering, and it made the lines on his face more noticeable. Jonothor had prayed to the Seven that the Falcons would kill the heathen Wyl, yet the Seven never listened.

"Compensation? How?"

"He wants the weight of his cock in silver, my lord." That made Jonothor laugh out loud. Were Lira here, she would be laughing as well, with all this talk about cocks. However, Petyr would get more silver than Jonothor would like.

"Be a good maester and remind him that he has obligations, and without me he would be the victim of the mountain clans. That should shut him up."

sal1JC5.png

(The most selfish vassals of Lord Jonothor have the most silly of grudges.)

"Ah, yes, my lord." Wyl ran like a mouse, still clutching the letters.. Good. Jonothor still commanded respect, and he knew he was well loved by his vassals.

------

"The northeastern lands of the Vale are dying, Jonothor, and if you do nothing about it I will." Lira was pouting, and Donnel was... well, Jonothor was not sure what his son was doing. Maester Wyl had insisted it would be better for the boy, to know what happens when a lord holds meetings such as this, and Hugh had insisted on it as well. Jonothor found that odd, for Wyl and Hugh were never in agreement most of the time. But Hugh stopped the Falcons, so he would be always be trusted more than Wyl, Jonothor had decided.

"My lady's right, my lord. After Old Anchor it reached Ironoaks, and every hour, even at the darkest time of night, there are carts to carry the dead. Even after you outlawed throwing the bodies in the rivers and sea and sending them off, I caught mine own lady wife carting off my Harrold on some smuggler's boat, headed for Braavos! Harrold, he, he was never strong, yet that day, he was stronger than ever. Then, come evening, he was..." Lord Robert's whimpering was more than Jonothor could suffer, and he was glad when the other Lord Petyr interrupted.

"The same happened to Upcliff! My people are dead, half of my household dead, half of my knights killed, and in one day, my, my, my family was killed. My father, m-mother, m-m-y u-un-unc-" Petyr was shaking. The man was a weak lad of nineteen, with a terrible sickness. Maester Wyl was attending for the very reason to help Petyr. The maester rushed towards him, and he was ushered from the room, still shaking and mumbling. Jonothor paid him no mind. Lord Benedar piped up.

"My lord, half of the people living from Darkmoor to Runestone are dead or dying, and it has already breached the Bloody Gate. If you do not give us help to stop this terrible plague, they might constrict the Gates of the Moon, and when winter grows colder and you need to leave to Eyrie..."

sMLsAOr.png

(The plague of the Vale was too close for comfort. Something had to be done, but what?)
Is that a threat? However, before Jonothor could make a very clever and quite rude retort, Lord Marwyn spoke, a worried look on his face.

"The Silent Sisters, you know they prepare the bodies of the dead, my lord?" Jonothor nodded, and was confused by the sniggers of the other lords, and even Lira was smirking. Jonothor found it foolish that the sisters would prepare the dead that had the plague, for they could contact the infection themselves. His aunt Theona was a Silent Sister, but he was not sure if she was in the Vale. Then, Lord Marwyn made a face and said the words fast, yet the shock remained.

"Your aunt is dying, my lord"

------

"I found a new way to fuck my woman. Stick your cock in her ass and put your finger in her slit, and she'll be soaking wet!" Ser Godric has much to learn, thought Jonothor as the hedge knight grabbed a serving and put her on his lap, touching her breasts with one hand and fondling the junk between her legs with the other. Ser Royce chortled, while Ser Ben grabbed a woman for himself. Lira looked down on them with disgust, while Donnel stuck his finger up his nose and rubbed it on a serving girl. That made her scream more than the others did.

The hedge knights were a small party, numbering only six. Ser Godric, Ser Royce, Ser Ben, Ser Corwyn, Ser Qyle, and Ser Jaime. Ser Godric was a big, fleshy, ugly man with massive shoulders, with coarse white hair growing from his cheeks and chin. He was bald on the scalp, with a lumpy red-veined nose. He was vulgar, yet funny and good with a sword, though Jonothor had yet to find out what the younger men meant when they called him "horny as hell".

Ser Godric did something nice with his hand, and the serving started to moan. Ser Ben was tired with his, and picked another one with the biggest breasts Jonothor had ever seen. Were it not for Lira's baleful stare he would have grabbed her and down whatever Ser Godric was doing to that girl now.

The hedge knights were from the Sisters, yet they had come to the mainland looking for "proper" competition. Jonothor welcomed them with a lavish feast, and on the morrow there would be a small tourney. The Lord of the Vale planned on sleeping through that.

Later that night, Jonothor got in a drinking contest with the knights, and a few of the nearby lords had joined as well. To his surprise, he had won, and by midnight the others were either in bed or laying unconscious on the floor. Jonothor was too dizzy to go to his chambers, and Lira was in bed, so he made for the lord's seat. Three crawls in and he fell asleep.

------

"Good luck!"

"Farewell!"

"My grandmother can piss better than you can fight!"

Those were the shouts Jonothor heard as the farewell feast and tourney were finished, with Ser Godric winning the tourney and Ser Jaime winning the second drinking contest. Jonothor was unconscious right after his third drink. Ah, that sweet Arbor gold the serving girl poured him, while something far sweeter was pouring down her legs. But now the hedge knights were leaving, yet he managed to make them promise to return. How else could he snatch the serving girls?

Ser Godric led the group, Ser Royce and Ser Ben were in the center, while Ser Corwyn, Ser Qyle, and Ser Jaime formed the rear guard. They were riding for King's Landing, hoping to win a tourney or two. They wanted to take the shortest route, which was through the plagued lands. Jonothor could only hope none of them would fall to the "Grey Death".

Jonothor wished he was younger, without a wife, with a handful of his most trusted companions, begin vagabond knights and riding around the Seven Kingdoms, winning tourneys, winning woman and bedding married ones, like Ser Godric and the others, six great men... until he saw the woman. She was sitting in front of Ser Godric, and the man's large physique made it easy to hide her. It was that same serving girl, with her golden locks and violet eyes... mayhap she had some dragon blood. It was said King Daeron's cousin Aegon had fucked ninety women in his lifetime, and that meant many bastards. Maybe this serving girl was one of them.

"RAPIST! WHORE! My lord, take that knight away!" Lord Vardis' shouts were loud enough for the Others to hear, and while at first the men jeered at Vardis, when they saw the serving girl had her mouth bounded and she could not move, some started to shout the same thing, and when the binds slipped off her mouth and she screamed for help, the call was unanimous. Jonothor had to stop Godric.

"STOP THAT MAN!" Men charged at the six knights, and Ser Godric shot off with Sers Royce and Ben while the Sers Corwyn, Qyle, and Jaime charged at the attackers. Most of them were armed with utensils, and were cut down immediately. In the midst of the fight, Jonothor pulled a sword from some dead body, and sliced the neck of Jaime's throat. The knight fell off his horse with a crash, and Jonothor could see Corwyn and Qyle ride off. However, the men had surrounded them, and Godric was trying to fight his way through the commoners Jonothor invited to the feast. Give them protection, Lira urged him.

"GODRIC!" Jonothor's deep voice silenced the men, and Godric turned around, the woman still bound to his body. The Lord of the Vale gasped as he got closer, for he realized the Godric's breeches were down, and he was fucking the girl's ass.

"My lord, I am so sorry. The Seven frown on me, I know, for I have sinned. Please, sheath your blade, and let me go to the High Septon, so I can confess to my sins." For all his talk, Godric was still thrusting.

"Give me the girl, and I'll let you leave." That sounded fair. Godric dismounted his horse, and the girl was bound to him, and he was still thrusting. It made for an odd and terrifying sight, that girl begin raped before his eyes. Then, he pulled the girl off his body, and threw her to the ground.

"Take her." Jonothor took her hand and brought her up, then saw the shock on Godric's face. The hedge knight-no, he was no knight, just a hedge-looked at his dead companion. Jaime's face was cracked in two, and there was a large hole where his heart should have been.

Godric attacked.

Last edited:
So, we played another session today, and all I can say is

I̪̤̥̖ͬ̏̋ͬ͐̄N̩̼̼̹͋ͫ̓̀D͎̎Uͫ̓͏̙̥͎̼̩͖Ļ̞͙̝̭̯̗̯̘͇̓ͩ͒ͣ̉G͓̖̦̥̠̏̀̕È̛͎̜ͪ̇͌̚ ̞̪̣̰̘̜̣́͛̔ͅI̻̰̯͑̓̎̅͗ͯN̴̶̊ͭ͏̞̫̙̯ ͂ͭͨ̂̀̍͑ͧ҉̵͓̝̱̫͡I̦̱͓̳͍̥̪̺̒̊ͫ̾́̆̒͐N̵ͬ͐̽͏҉̼̯̹̰̻̥͎̙̱F̢̭́̂ͮͨ̽͆̑ͭ̚I̛̭ͮ̑͐ͮͅD̸̨̺͉̱̞̥ͮ̃Ẻ̦͍̘͕̳̤ͮ̉͊͆̾̊Ļ̖͙͉̬͆͊̏ͦͣͨ͢Ḭ̷̠͆ͯͨ͒ͯ̀T̻̞̖̪̹̏ͤ̋ͫ̅̽̄͝͞Y̲͔̱͍̠̼̙͓̏̉͊ͫ!͙̹̠̓̆ͧ͛̓͢ ͍̪̭̝͇̗͇ͮ̏̑̆͛ͤ̔̍ͅP̧̧̣̱̙̺ͯ͊Ŗ̻̝̥̯̣̒̀̕ͅÅ̋̈́͏̵̹̩̭̖̞͉̯̤I̅̈͑̅ͭ҉͙̪̥̘͕̙̠̪Ŝ̨̮̤ͩ͒̀E̺̝͎͇̺͖̞̖ͭ̉̉̉̉̾͜ ̼͍ͥ̇ͩ͘͟͡S̤̪̰̹̙̽́L̬͔̤͖̻̰̟͑̈̚͜A͍̳̙͚̼ͩͬ̿̓͗ͧͮ̐̒͝Ą̜̜̯̦͂̑̈̇Ṋ̫̾̓̈́̎̀͛̊͞E͍͍͙̥̯̰͋̿ͪ̿ͨ͊͗̀͢͞Ŝ͓̞͎̩Ḧ̭̱̝̫̣̳̼!̷̩̈́̎̆ ̷͓̖̭͍͔̯̠͓̐̈́̓ͯͮͩ͆ͅH͌̇̈́̍͞͏̟͓̰̣̟̭̹À̬̤̙͉̹͉̟̗̃ͤ̐̀I̲̹̪̪̮͓̖͓ͬͨͪͫ̉̕͝ͅL̦̩̭͔̇͑ͮͫ̒̍͛̀ ̸̻̘̦̯̣͎̗̭͍ͧ͊ͯͩ̈́T̵͓̭̣̟͖̼ͯ͢Ȍ̱͎͉̬̲̠͙̬̔͗ͩͩ̀̌ ̿͑ͯ҉̢̗̰̣Ţ͈̬̲̠̈́ͣͬ̽ͩ͘͝H̸̩͔͈͖̼͌͒̑͛̎̂Ẽ̷̛͎̥̭̏̀̎͝ ̧̜͉͔̫ͦͯD̼̗̣̭̭̜̯̒̈́ͣ̉̏ͨͤ̚͠A̯̗͋̆ͫ̊̇͛́R̨̯͕̳̮͂̋̃̄̒́͘K̞̮̮͓͓̜̦͍͛͗͊̓͌̿͞ͅ ̠̫̮́̇̾́P̧̟͕̦̻̽̽̍̓̈̒̀̅͜R̠̥̻̰̤͑ͫͥ͑̒̏̿́̕I͙͔̼ͣ͂͋̀Ñ̸ͪ̈ͥͩ҉̵̠͓̣̩̦͍͙̞ͅC̢̩͕̅̀ͪͮ̓Ẹ̶̗͖̓ͥ̋̌̐͘!̷͊̀͌͆̓҉̯̫!͇̱̹͖̟͙ͪ͒̾ͣ̐͐͊̓́

And all that jazz.

In other, less absolutely heretical news, it was fun and we went for... about 7 years.

Reactions: