• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hello AARland! I know I have been absent for these past few moments, but soon I am hoping to turn over a new leaf. But enough about me. The truth about this forum is that our project leader Aidun has left. Much of the save editing he was planning has thus not been done. The project is in turmoil.

This brings me to my next point. What should be done about this? Should we continue with this game, or restart? If we choose to restart, what start date should we choose? If you would like to join this project, or have any comments, please say so.

Much as I would like to rejoin this project I am studying at uni, at the moment and can't. :(

Saxon took the words out of my mouth. I thought I'd have time to write a little between work and school. Damn foolish idea that was. I still have a half-finished post for the Starks that I hope to finish once this semester is through, but for continuing this project, I unfortunately will be lacking for time for the foreseeable future (at least a year out).

House Baratheon
xr3n6hW.jpg

The Star Falls. (161 AL)
When the Corwen Baratheon arrived in Sunspear it had been a dramatic affair. Arion had arrived earlier and had overseen alongside Lord Toyne making the city safe for the Lord of the Stormlands. Well over a hundred Dornishmen were arrested and put into the spear tower, Marence Martell and his family however were given 'special treatment' and upon lord Corwens arrival was dragged out in chains and Corwen announced to his Bannermen and the people of Sunspear that the Martells had finally been brought low.

Unlike the Yronwoods however house Martell was allowed to keep Sunspear and instead Lord Corwen formally stripped Marence Martell of his titles and exiled him to live out his days as far away from Dorne, as possible, on the wall.

OjOM0LF.png

Marence's eldest son Maron was also taken by Corwen as a Hostage and Ward, the Intent clear, to raise the Young Martell boy in Storm's end, far from his people and those that would whisper plots of rebellion in his ear.

QHIDJZ6.png

Arion who was the former Warden of Dorne had expected to be given charge of Maron himself and was thoroughly disappointed, Still Maron was a common sight around Storm's End and never hesitated to speak his mind. Though Arion had grown increasingly worried, not for Maron but for his sister Lyria who had often had escaped her septa and disappear. Arion of course had a suspicious and this this time had followed Lyria.

Sarya was always easy to predict, she practically announced whenever she was entering a room. Though now that she had left for Casterly Rock the castle had become decidedly more quiet, A Sad quiet Arion thought, as now only Lyria, himself and Tranced were left, with uncle jonald now spending much of his time in Dorne with his Tyrell wife and Lord Corwen had been busy reorganizing the Dornish now that they had been formally broken, Currently he was on campaign yet again near Lemonwood to suppress yet another rebellion.

yfa8M3D.png

Arion had found his sister in the Godswood. Lord Corwen had recently had the Godwood tended in the last year by nearly a dozen gardeners as he entertained a notion of having Arion wed a Stark Girl. The Plan however ultimately fell through when Corwen once again was forced to ride south.

Arion had known Maron to frequent the Godwood and of course this had brought a smirk to his face as he saw his sister propping herself up with her elbows to watch Maron. Over the Dornish lad towered the Weirwood, a solemn faced giant with a thick fat trunk and yet few leaves or branches. Such a Sad Tree Arion thought as this was the first time he had truly looked on it as a adult. Unlike his other siblings Arion had disliked the godswood, preferring more to be in the company of people than trees and rocks.

"Lyria, What are you doing" Arion whispered i a harsh tone, walking over

Lyria looked as if she had been caught stealing from the kitchens, or well Arion assumed as she froze in place

"Lyria! Look at me!" He demanded and only after another moment of silence did Lyria turn

She of course didn't speak. Lyria was not shy like Tranced but Arion could tell through her short Black hair she was of terrified.

Arion of course knew his Father wouldn't approve, of what he was about to say, but Arion didn't particularly care. Corwen had left, and Tranced had been too afraid to hold court without at least Arion present, Lyria needed a friend.

"If you like him, go talk with him, He's been alone since Father brought him here" Arion said after kneeling down so he was at Lyria's level

"Your not mad?" Lyria asked weakly

"Of course not, I've been lonely too, and I'm sure Maron is as well, he could use a friend"

"But what if he doesn't like me, What if he is mean like his father was to Dad?"

"If he's mean to you, whack him with this" Arion suggested, handing a stick to his sister "Always works when people are mean to me"

And with that the conversation Ended and Lyria half skipped over to Maron. Arion turned and left the Godswood. Father was due to return soon, alongside Aidan Dayne who was to be the new Master at Arms.

WvXSML4.png

Later in the year Lord Corwen had returned to Storms End. This time he was Joined by Aidan Dayne, once a sworn enemy of the Baratheons, and the new Master at arms. Corwen had hoped now with the Martells broken the Daynes who were now the most powerful house in Dorne could be effectively won over. Aidan Dayne however had only accepted the offer out of fear that a refusal might be taken as an insult by Lord Corwen and possibly cause for the Baratheon's to make low his house as they had to the Martells and Yronwoods.

Lord Dayne however arrived at Storm's end to find competition waiting for him, namely in regards to Terrence Toyne one of Arion's childhood friends. Terrance had won the Tourney of Griffon's roost earlier that year and for his success was invited to Storm's End. By Tranced. In that time Terrance had proven himself to be a skilled Knight, whose lack of experience with the sword was made up for by his great physical strength and Charisma.

Arion had seen it fit to suggest Tranced name Terrance commander of the household guard. Tranced had still hoped to convince his father that inviting Dayne to be Master of Arms was a mistake and hoped to impress Lord Corwen upon his return. Lord Corwen when he arrived was more than willing to hear Tranced out, when he could find the courage to speak to his father.

"Lord Father, I don't believe Lord Dayne would be suited to serve as Master of Arms, he has obligations in the south after all" Tranced spoke

"I'll hear none of it, Dayne is the finest commander south of the Neck, he will make a fine addition to the court" Corwen announced with a tiredness to his voice. Corwen had spent yet another year in the field, the last he needed was the argue with his son.

"Perhaps I could duel this Terrance Toyne to prove my worth, Lord Corwen" Dayne suggested, quietly.

Lord Corwen had stopped in his tracks, as if an idea had come back into his head, one he had long since shoved away. "Actually, Lord Dayne, I had noticed in two different rebellions we had never met in the field directly, I am curious if you are truly as skilled as they say you are"

Lord Dayne smiled "They say many things about me, I am the Sword of Morning after all"

"Then I'll hear no more of it, Beat me in a Duel and that should prove to my son that you are Worthy to be my Master at Arms, if you fail perhaps this Terrance boy would stand a better chance"

o0tPQy8.png

In the next few hours Corwen would rest and compared. The Court was gathered and when Corwen had reappeared both Dayne and Lord Corwen were in their armor. Dayne of course had Starfall, the legendary sword of House Dayne. The very same sword the tales said was forged from a fallen star and could only be wielded by one worthy to hold it. Corwen had his own weapon, a Blackened and Spiked hammer that he had used in the Dornish Conquest. Corwen was armored from head down to heel, Arthur's set however was much lighter and a purple surcoat could fit over much of his leather and chainmail.

"Do you not wear platemail Ser Dayne?" Arion asked

Dayne moved to answer but was interrupted by Terrence Toyne who was also present.

"It is too hot down in Dorne"

Dayne nodded and then added "Platemail restricts movement, for a sword such a dawn, It would be a waste to not have access to my full potential" Then he smiled his cocky smile and continued to prepare himself.

uWDUxBm.png

A minute late the duel began. Lord Corwen, the larger of the two men struck first. Corwen's warhammer was heavy and a single strike in the right place could mean an immediate loss for Aidan. It had to of course strike for it to have any effect however.

Aidan danced round the swing, then the second, keeping Dawn out and ready as he looked over Lord Corwen's armor.

Then the third swing came and the sound of Metal filled the room. A single plate flew off, one of Daynes shoulder plates but Aidan was still standing and now ducking under the strike.

Dawn came swift and hit Lord Corwen wide in the back. Corwen, shocked by Daynes strength stumbled forward despite the sword doing nothing to his armor.

uWDUxBm.png

Now the Sword of Morning was attack, hitting once, twice and thrice as Lord Corwen struggled to block with his more cumbersome weapon.

From the Court there came both Booing and cheers as the two danced to the singing of their own steel. Corwen would block and block and when Aidan had to take a breath he'd back away and let Corwen swing his mighty strokes.

Now Lord Corwen's strikes were slowing, Faster than Daynes and again the Sword of morning attacked, as it routine, the same strikes again and again allowing lord Corwen to block.

Then the Tide turned again, and Steel sung once more. A song that had started quick, shrill and light had become toned, timed and refined and now the end sound sounded near.

Dayne ducked under the first swing of yet another barrage, and when Lord Corwen responded with an overhead the Sword of Morning moved to the side, and swept upwards.​

JuVj9KQ.png

Then came the sparks, and the pounding of the hammer. Lord Corwen's Warhammer was on the floor, wet with blood. Lord Dayne had swept upwards with his sword and caught the Lord of Storm's end's hand mid strike.

Lord Corwen bellowed in pain but soon found himself on the floor, Dawn at his throat "Oyrs Baratheon lost a hand for attempting to take Dorne, Now I have taken yours" he spat, hatred in his voice.

The Guards raised weapons and yelling had filled the room but only for a brief moment.

"I will not Hesitate to take Lord Corwen's life If I am stopped! For Lord Corwen's Crimes against Yronwood, House Martell and Dorne I am Taking him to Starfall!, If i am followed, or attacked I will end your Lords life"

Lord Dayne pulled Lord Corwen up, and left Dawn around his neck. Several of his own guards had come into the room and they prepared to leave

"Send word to your Boy King, If he wishes to see his Warden of Dorne again he will come to Starfall, he will face me and He will get the Death he deserves"

Arion clenched his hands, He could do nothing, Drawing his sword would mean his father's death. Tranced looked about to faint, and Ser Terrance had now began to gather the Guard as Dayne made his mistake.

"My Lord what shall we do?" Lord Estermont, asked from among the crowd

His question was repeated and repeated by nearly a Dozen other lords until Tranced had turned a pale winter white.

It came weak at first but Tranced finally spoke. "My Lords, Gather your Banners" There was a pause, one filled with murmurs, and the sounds of shock that he been present before Tranced spoke.

"We are going to war"​

LI3Erfx.png

Lord Aidan Dayne Meanwhile made his escape to Starfall. The Wounds he had inflicted on Corwen however had been too great and by bringing him as a Hostage had doomed him to die as corruption set in his wounds. Word arrived from some of Terrance's contacts in Starfall that Lord Corwen died from a fever shortly after arriving with Dayne.

And with Lord Corwen dead, the New Lord of Storm's End, Marched south. Not to suppress the Dornish as his father had, but to take Aidan Dayne's head.

9jJmMMQ.png

wow didnt expect that.....this still ongoing?

wow didnt expect that.....this still ongoing?
I don't think so, no. We haven't had a sesh in months, and alot of our writers, myself included, just sort of got lazy. I think Dragoon, and maybe a few others, are just gonna write up to where we last played, so each of our individual stories have a satisfying ending. I may do so myself if I find time.

Don't worry, though, there's talk a potential third great MPAAR. We haven't sussed out all the details yet, but we were thinking of doing it either in the Bleeding Years or Blackfyre Rebellion, and evem then, there'll be alot of smaller SPAARs before then to keep you all entertained.

I don't think so, no. We haven't had a sesh in months, and alot of our writers, myself included, just sort of got lazy. I think Dragoon, and maybe a few others, are just gonna write up to where we last played, so each of our individual stories have a satisfying ending. I may do so myself if I find time.

Don't worry, though, there's talk a potential third great MPAAR. We haven't sussed out all the details yet, but we were thinking of doing it either in the Bleeding Years or Blackfyre Rebellion, and evem then, there'll be alot of smaller SPAARs before then to keep you all entertained.
have you thought of doing one for stellaris or mp megacampaign?

Speaking of which, we should get on organizing that. When do you think is the soonest you'll be free?

Speaking of which, we should get on organizing that. When do you think is the soonest you'll be free?

Afraid I don't have Stellaris, and I am currently studying at university, so count me out. However, I will read the AAR if and when it is written. :)

Afraid I don't have Stellaris, and I am currently studying at university, so count me out. However, I will read the AAR if and when it is written. :)
That's too bad. Enjoy your studies! :)