• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Tommy, just what exactly is the likelihood of a DFP-NLP Liberal grand-coalition forming after this election? I'm not asking whether such a coalition is mathematically possible, but whether it's politically possible.

Tommy, just what exactly is the likelihood of a DFP-NLP Liberal grand-coalition forming after this election? I'm not asking whether such a coalition is mathematically possible, but whether it's politically possible.

From a mathematical perspective: \frac{qqql}{\Lambda^2}, \frac{d^c d^c u^c e^c}{\Lambda^2}, \frac{\overline{e^c}\overline{u^c}qq}{\Lambda^2} and \frac{\overline{d^c}\overline{u^c}ql}{\Lambda^2}

Such a prospect is clearly impossible.

A DFP-NLP coalition would definitely be unlikely - their two programmes are much further apart than the NLP and FKP. I Guess the best chance of such a coalition coming to power would be if the KP was absolutely necessary for a coalition. The NLP would be much more reluctant to work with the KP than the FKP. It would have also helped if one of the two liberal parties had been significantly stronger than the other - but they are both roughly equal. So unless there is a noticeable change an all liberal grand alliance is highly unlikely. That said - the NLP can always hold up the possibility of such an alliance as a threat against the FKP if those two end up in alliance, something that is bound to be useful.

From a mathematical perspective: \frac{qqql}{\Lambda^2}, \frac{d^c d^c u^c e^c}{\Lambda^2}, \frac{\overline{e^c}\overline{u^c}qq}{\Lambda^2} and \frac{\overline{d^c}\overline{u^c}ql}{\Lambda^2}

Such a prospect is clearly impossible.

Math confirmed. Don't forget to round.

When I discovered this AAR I read through the preceding French AAR. I found it most entertaining and decided that I would like to participate in this offering.

As for my vote ...

Freikonservative Partei für Deutschland!

We're only at the second election and already it looks as if we'll be governed by a squabbling, divided coalition. Something tells me this won't help inspire confidence in our democracy, let's just hope the König doesn't decide to override the progress we've made so far!

Freikonservative Partei und Herr von Bismarck

Their foreign policy seems the best of the lot to me, even though I <3 von Moltke

I'm glad we're getting so many votes! Let's count 'em up.

FKP: 15
DFP: 10
NLP: 8
KP: 3

Total: 36 votes
Ideology Split: 18 Conservative, 18 Liberal.

Things could literally not be closer in this election. It seems likely that the FKP will be involved in the government in some way, but the question is with who? One vote for either the DFP or the NLP will most likely result in a KFP-NLP coalition of nationalists, but one more vote for the KP could lead to a Conservative coalition! Absolute majority for FKP seems unlikely, but they only need 4 more votes.

Things could literally not be closer in this election. It seems likely that the FKP will be involved in the government in some way, but the question is with who? One vote for either the DFP or the NLP will most likely result in a KFP-NLP coalition of nationalists, but one more vote for the KP could lead to a Conservative coalition! Absolute majority for FKP seems unlikely, but they only need 4 more votes.

That all depends on whom the FKP would rather enter a coalition with: even if a FKP-KP coalition would have a majority, the FKP may still prefer to make a deal with the Nationalliberalen.

I vote National Liberal Party.

I love you both. Liberal grand coalition FTW!

Gehen die Liberalen! Vorsprung zu Freiheit!

I knew there was life in the left yet. ;)

Gen; ik vind je lief.

That's the only Dutch I know. I never thought I'd get to use it in context. ;)

Zum Sieg!