• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It played a role. The anti militarism is what allowed Bismarck to come to power, the party largely then split between those backing Bismarck and those staying true to traditional liberal values.

I vote Konservative Partei

To form the NGF a war with Denmark is necessary, to form Germany I at least need to fight France and maybe Austria too if I can't outmanoeuvre them in Southern Germany
Hopefully you can at least tear Bavaria away from Austria without a war.

Hurrah, and I say hurrah. Looking forward to see where this might take us, I will place my vote to shake up the old aristocrats.

I vote for the Deutsche Fortschrittspartei!

Well well well, another Interactive AAR, and from the guy who got me into them in the first place. Looking forward to this and hope it gets enough support!

I vote Deutsche Fortschrittspartei/German Progress Party.

KP- While the party does say that it is not mainly expansionist, it does not limit us too becoming expansionist either. Honestly, if we want to unite Germany we need to fight france, which can be crippiling if Austria decides to use their Hegemony CB. We need a strong military right off the bat, diplo can take years and years by getting the southern german states out of Austria's sphere. Plus, no sudetenland anyone? What kind of German Unification are you guys thinking?!

Also, while many of you do not play Vicky 2 let me enlighten you: We can form NGF without even having to go to war. We just need to sphere denmark and its vassal, but this makes us lose two provinces we otherwise would have gained through war.

Last edited:
KP- While the party does say that it is not mainly expansionist, it does not limit us too becoming expansionist either. Honestly, if we want to unite Germany we need to fight france, which can be crippiling if Austria decides to use their Hegemony CB. We need a strong military right off the bat, diplo can take years and years by getting the southern german states out of Austria's sphere. Plus, no sudetenland anyone? What kind of German Unification are you guys thinking?!

It is clear that Herr Jako does not have his priorities in order. He forgets that Prussia is already in possession of the greatest army in the world, and instead chooses to proclaim his support for a party which is uncommitted to German unification! Hah! Should the KP win power, how do we know that they will even consider forming a greater German state? Only the DFP is totally and utterly committed to a unified liberal Germany.

Also, while many of you do not play Vicky 2 let me enlighten you: We can form NGF without even having to go to war. We just need to sphere denmark and its vassal, but this makes us lose two provinces we otherwise would have gained through war.

Shoudn't we at least try to incorporate Luxembourg into the NGF?

Last edited:
It is clear that Herr Jako does not have his priorities in order. He forgets that Prussia is already in possession of the greatest army in the world, and instead chooses to proclaim his support for a party which is uncommitted to German unification! Hah! Should the KP win power, how do we know that they will even consider forming a greater German state? Only the DFP is totally and utterly committed to a unified liberal Germany.

Shoudn't we at least try to incorporate Luxembourg into the NGF?

Well, we aren't against German Unification either. Just because we haven't supported Unification utterly does not mean we won't try to come of our KNOWN cores back. Also, on our army, you are anti-military. This states that the DFP will cut down our military, and will disband any units that cannot be supported. How are we to face thousands of hordes from our neighbors with their monster population with a tiny, but well-trained force? Any wars you suggest will rely on our effort to destroy their forces utterly and quickly before they can support an strong enough invasion force.

Oh you. Of course, Luxemburg must be on our list, but after we are can take the infamy hit. We must put our attention at other, more important regions. Like the great German populations in gelderland and friesland :D

Well, we aren't against German Unification either. Just because we haven't supported Unification utterly does not mean we won't try to come of our KNOWN cores back.:D

Indeed. Herr Bismarck is the very epitome of a centrist politician: he dares not walk down the left side of the road lest he offend those pedestrians on the right, nor does he dare walk down the right side lest he earn the ire of those on the left. Instead he trods down the middle of the road in a vain attempt to please both, and as any pedestrian will surely inform you, Herr Jako, when one walks down the middle of the road one gets run over from both sides!

If the KP is truly committed to German Unification, why do they not dare issue a public statement to that effect? Clearly the KP collective leadership combined have about as much balls as a seraglio of Ottoman eunuchs!

The party that supports unification of the germans is my vote

For the sake of clarity, name and bold the party you choose to vote for, as per Tommy's rules.

The party that supports unification of the germans is my vote

You're going to have to be more specific :p. DFP or the Conservatives?

If the KP is truly committed to German Unification, why do they not dare issue a public statement to that effect? Clearly the KP collective leadership combined have about as much balls as a seraglio of Ottoman eunuchs!

Now now, there need not be any reason to fling insults... But, we do not quicken in the stomach when war is in involved! What do you think we will do with our superior,preserved, prussian army? We will expand of course! But through the rightful way, through force of arms. Almost all German States agree Prussia is the one to lead them, but would their ideals be swayed when they realize the "progressives" have crippled our forces?

We are surrounded by powerful nations that would not like to see NGF on a map let alone Germany. We must assume the worst, war on multiple fronts. We need more men, rifles, horses, and artillery to ensure we can win a two, or even three, front war. Our friends in the Deutsche Fortschrittspartei anti-military policies would leave Prussia, with its central position in Europe, vulnerable to its numerous enemies.

The KP’s pro-military stance would ensure our Landwehr will have sufficient numbers to support our standing army. Prussia’s only chance is through a stronger army. Our current forces will not suffice.

Now now, there need not be any reason to fling insults... But, we do not quicken in the stomach when war is in involved! What do you think we will do with our superior,preserved, prussian army? We will expand of course! But through the rightful way, through force of arms. Almost all German States agree Prussia is the one to lead them, but would their ideals be swayed when they realize the "progressives" have crippled our forces?

Once again the KP resorts to its masterly skill at political prestidigitation to dodge the facts. The DFP does not wish for the dismemberment of the Prussian army, far from it, in fact we support the ongoing modernisation of our armed forces, but not at the cost of the modernisation of our industry! Herr Jako speaks of "progressives" and indeed he is right to, for the most powerful empire in the world today is none other than the most liberal. Great Britain is feared and respected throughout the world for its industrial might, which supports its military muscle as a suit of armour supports a knight, and what, pray tell, do the poor, backward-thinking countryside reactionaries in the KP have to say about that I wonder? :p

The KP’s pro-military stance would ensure our Landwehr will have sufficient numbers to support our standing army. Prussia’s only chance is through a stronger army. Our current forces will not suffice.

Bah! What Herr Zorro speaks of is a contradiction in terms! He seeks to strengthen our armed forces not through the auspices of the military-industrial complex, but by relying on the petty militia! Need I remind you that "God is not on the side of the largest battalions, but on those who shoot best!?" How can our fighting men expect to cope against the enemy with their second-rate rifles, indeed how can our generals be expected to cope against our enemies with their second rate fighting men, such as the militia Herr Zorro suggests they rely upon?

for the most powerful empire in the world today is none other than the most liberal. Great Britain is feared and respected throughout the world for its industrial might, which supports its military muscle as a suit of armour supports a knight, and what, pray tell, do the poor, backward-thinking countryside reactionaries in the KP have to say about that I wonder? :p
So the DFP would prefer to make Prussia a British puppet!

Bah! What Herr Zorro speaks of is a contradiction in terms! He seeks to strengthen our armed forces not through the auspices of the military-industrial complex, but by relying on the petty militia! Need I remind you that "God is not on the side of the largest battalions, but on those who shoot best!?" How can our fighting men expect to cope against the enemy with their second-rate rifles, indeed how can our generals be expected to cope against our enemies with their second rate fighting men, such as the militia Herr Zorro suggests they rely upon?
Non-sense I wish to strengthen Prussia's regular army first and foremost not send them to sensitivity training as the DFP seems to prefer. The power of the Landwehr must not be underestimated. They are certainly not to be relied upon but they could be the difference between a war won or lost.