• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I don't quite understand why the DFP event wants to talk about the roll-back of social reforms when they still haven't expanding the franchise yet. I don't like that at all but since they're the only party who even considers expanding the franchise I have no option but to vote DFP.

Be warned though, if the DFP win the election or somehow form the next government in either whole or in part and prioritise repealing social reform over expanding the franchise, then I swear I will never, ever vote DFP again. Period. I mean, if there's a choice between Hitler and the DFP I still won't vote DFP; that's how serious I am, Richter.

Ouch. Quite the warning, how long have you been voting with the DFP nowadays?

I don't quite understand why the DFP event wants to talk about the roll-back of social reforms when they still haven't expanding the franchise yet. I don't like that at all but since they're the only party who even considers expanding the franchise I have no option but to vote DFP.

Be warned though, if the DFP win the election or somehow form the next government in either whole or in part and prioritise repealing social reform over expanding the franchise, then I swear I will never, ever vote DFP again. Period. I mean, if there's a choice between Hitler and the DFP I still won't vote DFP; that's how serious I am, Richter.

Essentially, this is the problem. I've voted DFP in every election that it has contested, and yet over and over again they've failed to live up to what they claim to stand for. I love what they stand for, but the disillusionment piles up. But, I suppose they deserve one last chance.

I change my vote from the SPD to the DFP.

Don't screw this up, Richter.

Ouch. Quite the warning, how long have you been voting with the DFP nowadays?

I've voted for either DFP or NLP in every single election since the first. During the "merger days" I also backed the LVD in all the elections they stood in, in lieu of the DFP or NLP.

You're capacity to trust is unmatched, although I am glad to see that it has its limits. A DFP in control of a third of the Reichstag choosing to implement unpledged social rollbacks before electoral reform. I for one do not harbour any faith in their prioritising now that rollbacks are included in their manifesto.

A man's right to vote is important, but not as important as a man's health and right to pursue happiness through gainful employment. The sad fact remains that there is not enough gainful employment available. Despite the liberals' blind faith in it, Laissez-Faire politics have resoundingly failed to address this issue. Letting our countrymen starve will do nothing to change the failure of liberal politics. In this election, it is time to heed God's own advice; love thy neighbour as thyself.

DZP

A man's right to vote is important, but not as important as a man's health and right to pursue happiness through gainful employment.

I hope to God that the rest of the DZP do not think as you do.

Just out of curiosity, you'd rather vote than get semi-free healthcare?

Oh don't get me wrong, I love free and efficient healthcare, but there was this country once upon a time where almost everyone had a job and access to free healthcare but nobody could vote in free and fair elections... it was called the Soviet Union, maybe you've heard of it?

Oh don't get me wrong, I love free and efficient healthcare, but there was this country once upon a time where almost everyone had a job and access to free healthcare but nobody could vote in free and fair elections... it was called the Soviet Union, maybe you've heard of it?
Hey now, I was just asking. And Yes, I've heard about it.

Yes. I'd then proceed to vote for the party that gives me both.
Is there such a party though? I mean DKRP is obviously flawless in any way, so it must be that.

Hey now, I was just asking. And Yes, I've heard about it.

I'm sure you have, the question was rhetorical. :)

Ultimately, being able to vote in free and fair elections without fear of intimidation is the most fundamental human right which a government can grant.

I think the voting intervals are too long,and as such most of the time there is little to no suspense for me between each update because of the fact that people stop voting after some time and just argue with each other.

I think the voting intervals are too long,and as such most of the time there is little to no suspense for me between each update because of the fact that people stop voting after some time and just argue with each other.

They are a little bit long, but I believe that Tommy is far too busy to write regular half-weekly updates. As for all the arguing, the AAR would be pretty boring if all anyone ever did was post a three letter acronym every election. :)

I don't mind them considering we actually do have some late voters on the final days of the vote. Think of them as the proverbial person that goes to vote with less than 3 hours, due to work or laziness, before polls closing and the lines are still long. Fun times for them! Except for no lines and no drive and perhaps no annoying part of finding parking. The late voter.

Others have pointed out the reasons why a change on the length of the voting schedule is impossible but I'll explain it myself as well. Firstly I simply don't have the time (at least during term time) to do updates any more often than I currently am. Even then it has at times been a bit of a stretch. The updates to open elections especially take an extremely long time as they are each several thousand words in length (the longest in this AAR topped out around 6,000 words IIRC).

Also, there are actually a substantial number of votes in the latter part of the election. Over the week we usually get around about 20% of all votes - thats alot! I also believe that leaving room for people to argue, and have a degree of debate is one of the best things about this sort of AAR.