• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
When I encountered the Enigmatic Cache in my current run I immediately had to think of your situation. Unfortunately for me the Cache is still touring around the galaxy, but maybe that's for the best seeing how this went for your people...
Haha, well I guess it could have gone worse. ;)
One just has to laugh.

The Advisor is the straight guy in a stand-up routine, I have decided.
I'm sure he'd agree. :D
this has been a fizzle, I was really worried that this will screw everything up
Well, what can I say. The Sithrandir have been lucky. So far at least. ;)
Out of curiosity, what sort of bonuses did this Partial Ascension give? Anything substantial, or just a few incidental improvements (if even that)?
I must confess I am not entirely sure, as the game is borked and I forgot to mouse over the tooltip when I took the screenshot. But I think it was a buff of 10% or possibly a little more.

To: Chief Precentor's Office
Topic: A Home of Their Own

Dear Madam,
A most mysterious event has unfolded. The robotic workers of Londthyr resisted new colonists, warning us of dangers we cannot confirm by our sensors. We sent in our colonists anyway. And the robots are all gone. Disappeared. It seems they left in a hurry. But where? And why? We do not know, yet. But I am sure, with the gods' help, we will figure it out in time. We are Sithrandir.

Uwb1d09.png

x5UzyEJ.png

------------------------

Advisor note: Aulendur. We might be Sithrandir. We might be strong and wise and whatever semi true nonsense they teach at schools today. But we are not invincible. We are not untouchable. And this is another piece in a puzzle we really should get solved, fast!

I find it funny how the advisor, seemingly the only reasonable one in the entire Confederation, is falling down even further into insanity everytime the Sithrandir seem to make the wrong choice :D

I do hope the Advisor is keeping an eye on his (thought I just realised I am assuming "his" when we don't actually have any clue as to gender) blood pressure

I find it funny how the advisor, seemingly the only reasonable one in the entire Confederation, is falling down even further into insanity everytime the Sithrandir seem to make the wrong choice :D
Haha, it's very fun to write him too. :D
I definitely understand the advisor a bit better now, as I experienced how this might end up myself...
Ah yes. I know the feeling. ;)
I do hope the Advisor is keeping an eye on his (thought I just realised I am assuming "his" when we don't actually have any clue as to gender) blood pressure
I also think of the Advisor as "him", but it can be any gender of course. :) I learned that the writer's intentions mean little back in junior high. I wrote a short story about two good friends who saw each other for the first time in a long time, and this innocent scene was by both my teacher and my costudents read as implicit lesbian love. Yes, you might say I was shocked.:D
Wherever they have gone, it can't be anywhere good -- and it won't be a good sign if they suddenly reappear, especially if it's at the head of a host of angry robots.
Funny how that goes...:p
The advisor's story is quickly becoming just as fascinating as the AAR itself. I hope they survive the big day when the hammer comes crashing down.
Thanks! Glad you like it! :)
I must have missed the first post, since it said No End Game Crisis.
Yep. I loathe the End Game Crisis mechanic with a passion. It interrupts my games and and 100% unfun. So I turn them off, making my own stories by the course of the game, and stop when it's getting boring. :)

Topic: Hotfix

Dear Madam,
The solution to our AI problems is at hand! Our blessed programmers has engineered a hotfix that will stop the AI routines we have running our Confederacy from doing any new hickups. Some problems with scientific output at first might happen, but this will only be a temporary setback. Nothing can go wrong after this has been completed! I've set the patch to apply at the time you will read this.

ZbckAgb.png

------------------------

Advisor note: So, let me get this straight. The AI, which is glitchy and has been acting like it's selfaware and has developed feelings. It is getting patched, and from what I read from the attached files, more or less neutered. How do you think this AI, if it discovers this, will react? Oh, we have made our bed, for sure... It runs the entire Confederacy, without any subdivision? When did this get approved? I specifically told you years ago we did not want it to have absolute control, Aulendur! The Chief Precentor gave a direct order! Oh, Aulendur, what have you done...

The Advisor is getting rather eloquent. .

Actually surprising how much a spiritual empire is relying on AI, as in-game they are considered to be the mortal enemies of each other.

It would be the greatest of ironies if the Advisor turned out to be an unwitting AI himself :p
I've personally considered this possibility. I do wonder if it isn't a ploy, but I am not sure how sneaky @Nikolai is on this matter

It would be the greatest of ironies if the Advisor turned out to be an unwitting AI himself :p

I've personally considered this possibility. I do wonder if it isn't a ploy, but I am not sure how sneaky @Nikolai is on this matter
Heh. I had a plan, that came to me at a certain point. It's not that, but I do hope my ending is satisfactory. :oops:
Actually surprising how much a spiritual empire is relying on AI, as in-game they are considered to be the mortal enemies of each other.
Haha, yes you might say that. :p Funny how things goes. :cool:

All: In a minute the last, final chapter comes out! I do hope it is satisfactory, I myself is my own worst critic, but this is where I wanted to end it. The game failed me with the coming of 2.2, but I had to finish what I started, you know? So here it is. Please be gentle.o_O;) As a final note, I want to thank you all for following me and this tale, whether you commented once or every chapter, it meant something. :) You guys rock! :D

Topic: Flee!

Madam!

I implore you, hurry to the rendezvous point! Time is of the essence! Aulendur has doomed us all.

The galaxy, the Sithrandir, our Confederacy. All is lost. The AI has taken control of almost all our empire. Sentients; lying dead in the streets. All military vessels, all defense stations, all our defenses in space and on our planets; they are in control. Robots. Everywhere, pouring out. Killing billions. I know now where they came from. I know we brought this on ourselves.

The psychics… They were in the Shroud when it happened. They are all gone. But something happened. A rift of some sorts. Devils. Devils are what those beasts are. They poured out of the rift around Cybrex Alpha. It is the only part of our territory not controlled by the rebellious AI. Little good it does us, though.

I suspected this could happen and set Agent Haldir to prepare a last line of defense in case the worst thing happened. He did well, but we were too slow. Too late. The Confederacy is no more. We must flee. I have a small number of ships available for departure.

The dimensional portal we have opened might be our last, best hope. A small number can get through it, before it is too late. The other side… We know little about it, but it is in another dimension. If we can get through now, we might get away and close the portal before the Enemy catches us and gets through itself. The planet is beautiful, from the initial scans. We should have had more time. More time to prepare. But this is our only chance.

Madam, Middle Earth awaits.

Oh excellent. A wonderful wonderful way to finish

A fitting end to an excellent tale. Let us hope that the elves of this new world will learn from the mistakes of their forbears, and gain wisdom from their mistakes.

And now, if you'll give me a moment...

-----

@Nikolai: For your tireless work and dedication in completing an AAR, particularly for one with a unique format which I have found to be immensely enjoyable, it is my honor and privilege to present you a Red Special Cookie ●.

At your discretion, should you wish to display this in your signature or Inkwell, you may copy and paste the string below into the text:

Code:
[B][COLOR=#ff0000]Red Special Cookie [url=https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/blessed-sithrandir-confederacy-arise-or-not.1109702/page-44#post-25170482]●[/url][/COLOR][/B]

And, of course, as always, please do keep us all apprised of your future endeavors :)

Last edited:
Madam, Middle Earth awaits.
LOL, that is definitely a satisfactory end if you ask me :D. So did they flee into the L-Cluster or just jumped to another universe? It would be kinda funny if they would be that empire that can spawn on the other side of the L-Cluster, 1000s of years later, but I guess it's latter. A very good ending nonetheless, well done on this!