• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
wemcome back. when you say motivated, you really mean it, don't you? on to victory!

finally the return of the TITANTIC STRUGGLE!!! XD this made my day, continue on cybvep to moscow you shall conquer!

wemcome back. when you say motivated, you really mean it, don't you? on to victory!
True, true. The problem with micromanaging everything is the fact that it takes much time, but once you are into it, it easily takes several hours of your life.

finally the return of the TITANTIC STRUGGLE!!! XD this made my day, continue on cybvep to moscow you shall conquer!
I hear you. Conquest of Moscow will be a major step, indeed.

It looks like you now have nearly complete dominance and by-passing the main resistance and striking Moscow should only compound your advantage. I expect you still need to take a lot more land to force a Soviet surrender, but the end is in sight. Nice work!
Yes, I now dominate the Soviets on the land, on the sea and in the air. However, they still have many divisions and some IC has been transferred to Siberia, so capturing Moscow alone won't cause the collapse of the country. They will lose their supplies and resources, though, and it will be harder and harder to rebuild that lost potential, because they are losing territory fast. They probably have tons of MP, so what the Soviets really need is IC. The troops will need supplies, which is produced by IC and IC needs resources. They have many armoured divisions, too, so they need oil and fuel. I will probably attack the Caucasus next with the forces I have in the South. It may be tricky, though, because the Soviets still have many divisions near Persia.

After the conquest of SU is complete I will turn my attention to the UK and the USA, so the game will not be over anytime soon.

I started reading this a few days ago and I finally caught up by now.

I have to say that it was really entertaining and I'm especially stunned by your work on the eastern front, i.e. the numerous pockets you have created. It makes the AAR feel epic, but also believable, as the Wehrmacht did also create numerous during the historical Barbarossa.

Just finished reading this excellent AAR!!! I'm looking forward to seeing if you can take Moscow before they get enough troops up there from the other fronts. But excellent use of your mobile units so far, making pockets and eliminating them one by one. The USSR can't keep this up for much longer, of that i'm sure :)

A mini-update regarding the expansion of the Greater German Reich in 1943.

The Greater German Reich on 28th of January 1943

The Greater German Reich on 20th of May 1943

The Greater German Reich on 13th of June 1943

As you can see, the Reich is rapidly expanding its borders in the East, especially in Ukraine and northern Russia. The success of the German operations in those regions exceeded all expectations. If you look at the General Report January 1943, the original plan was to expand in the North, take Leningrad and create a defensive perimeter in the region that would give our forces enough time to strike at Moscow. The expansion in Ukraine was a secondary objective. However, our lightning advance in the North and smart manoeuvres in the South resulted in the absolute destruction of all Soviet forces in both regions and opened vast lands for exploitation.

Soon The Reich will triumph over the barbaric hordes of the East!

It looks like you full out annexed the western nations of europe on the may 23rd map...or is that just me?

its actually pretty funny seeing Luxemburg like that, an island in a sea of grey.

It looks like you full out annexed the western nations of europe on the may 23rd map...or is that just me?
Look here!

its actually pretty funny seeing Luxemburg like that, an island in a sea of grey.
Yeah, I totally forgot about Luxembourg and didn't see a reason to invade it. Therefore, it's a formally independent nation, along with Switzerland or Spain, for example.

BTW I will post the next update on 10th of May. The action will be pretty tense :D

The Final Hours

The battle for the "Homyel Road" has begun. The German armies are advancing from two sides of the Pripet Marshes. The fighting is brutal, but thanks to the bravery and experience of our soldiers we will no doubt emerge victorious from this battle.

This is how the frontline looked like on 13th of June 1943

Our mobile troops are securing the area around Moscow in order to cut the Soviet capital from potential reinforcements. More German troops are arriving, but the Soviet defenders have superior positions and it is very hard to dislodge them. Moreover, constant fighting has really worn our troops out. Our strike at Moscow was so fast that foot infantry was unable to keep up the pace and fell behind.

The Soviet defenders in the Homyel Road are being progressively pushed back. Some of their soldiers have been isolated in the marshlands after their only path of escape was cut off. Other ones are facing the prospect of encirclement.

Fighting around Moscow continues. The Soviets are threatening our flanks and the arriving reinforcements have to secure them instead of attacking Moscow directly. The Soviet defenders show no sign of weariness. Their motivation shows.

Our southern armies are besieging Kyiv. The enemy soldiers have already heard about the fate of the Bolsheviks who were captured in the pockets created by our spearheads and they are trying very hard to avoid encirclement.

Our troops are pinning the Soviets near Novoselki and in other places in order to prevent them from coming to the rescue of their capital. Supply situation is poor and our mobile troops are often forced to stop and wait for supplies to arrive, which hampers our ability to form encirclements. Still, with the battle of Moscow going on, encirclements are not our top priority.

Despite supply problems and the weariness of the soldiers, our panzers are constantly pushing forward on the Homyel Road. The city itself is slowly being encircled, while thousands of Soviet troops are being trapped in the marshlands. In the south, the Siege of Kyiv is almost finished and the city will be captured soon.

The situation near Moscow is deteriorating fast. The Soviets managed to bring some reinforcements from the south and they now have numerical superiority. We are trying hard to destroy the Soviet railways and encircle the city in order to cut the Soviet armies off from the main supply centre and start a proper siege.

Thousands of bombs, shells and mines are used every day on the Homyel Road. The troop concentration is very high on both sides and the fighting is brutal and decisive. Still, we are getting closer and closer to achieving the primary goal of this operation every day.

Kyiv was taken on the 20th of June and thousands of Soviet soldiers are now trapped in the pocket formed south of the city. This is a major success for the Heer.

Chaos and confusion now dominate the battle of the Homyel Road. Some of our panzers have been advancing too fast and too far inland, which gave the Soviets a chance to create an ambush. As a result, one armoured division is now cut off from the rest of the army and the defenders of Homyel have a safe route of escape. This is really worrying. On the bright side, multiple Soviet divisions are stuck in the marshlands in the west and will soon be destroyed.

The situation near Moscow is now quite bad. The situation is very dynamic, but it is clear that we will not be able to take the city without brining more infantry divisions. That's why thousands of German soldiers are now arriving from the west to aid our mobile forces fighting in the region.

Since we now are dominant in the North, our troops have been ordered to clear the routes leading to Moscow and to engage the Soviet forces protecting the city.

An opportunity presented itself to create another pocket and prevent the enemy from bringing even more reinforcements to Moscow. Our mobile troops broke the Soviet defence lines and are now crushing all opposition.

Thanks to the reinforcements from the North we managed to stabilise the Moscow Front and will soon be able to shell the city with our artillery. We now have local numerical superiority, so it should be possible to break the enemy entrenchments.

The city of Homyel has been taken. We will soon be able to create an unified frontline. The Soviets are now trying to escape from the encirclement with as many divisions as possible.

Finally, the main objective of the operation on the Homyel Road has been achieved. However, the fierce fighting in the region continues and the situation is not yet stabilised.

We are slowly gaining superior positions near Moscow. Main Soviet defence lines have been broken and the enemy is retreating.

The Korosten pocket has been cleared and more Germans divisions can now be used in the fighting on the Homyel Road. This is another major success of the Heer.

Another pocket near Mosal'sk is about to be created and more Soviet divisions will soon be destroyed. There will be no mercy for the Bolsheviks.

The siege of Moscow is going well. Our artillery is shelling the city while our infantry is approaching the city's centre. Stalin has already left the city, but the Moscow defenders refused to surrender and are making their last stand in the Kremlin.

Finally, on 29th of June Moscow has been captured. This is a great day for the German people - a day met with cheers and tears of joy. Our beloved Fuhrer gave an electrifying speech, saying that the end of War in the East is near and that the collapse of the Soviet Union is now just a question of time. The Bolsheviks have been taught a lesson of humility and they will never endanger Germany again!

However, there is still the Red Army to take care of. The German leadership has already created a plan for the next set of grand encirclements. The bulk of the Red Army is concentrated in the centre, but the region is so vast that it will be impossible to swallow it all in just one manoeuvre. That's why several encirclements will be formed after the reorganisation of our mobile forces is finished.

It's time to finish the Bear once and for all!

I kept looking at the combat scores, looking for Moscow...and kept seeing it a 1%...Thank God it wasn't me playing! wonderful, hard-won victory indeed!

I kept looking at the combat scores, looking for Moscow...and kept seeing it a 1%...Thank God it wasn't me playing! wonderful, hard-won victory indeed!
The Soviets managed to bring reinforcements and prevented me from taking the city without a good fight. It's hard to fight entrenched enemy divs in urban terrain when you only have panzer divs nearby.

Noo, why page 12/12

This is an outrage ;_;
Why? :D

There is the option of continuing it further. The SU is not yet defeated (although I'm sure that they will meet their doom sooner or later) and even the UK is still independent ;) I won't be able to post updates soon, because I have exams in June, but it won't last forever ;). Maybe I will be able to start another AAR during Holidays, too :D

I would say finish this with an invasion of the Isles. Then you can start another glorious HPP AAR!!!