• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
About the USA - well, now they have a chance to mobilise their industry to war. They have more than 550 IC WITHOUT AI modifiers.

And they will get quite a nice bonus to manpower after calling in their reserves, too! Not to mention there was no Pearl Harbour, so they don't start the war with a month of ridiculously low Organisation...

Great work! Nicely done encirclements. But I agree, that may not kill them, just yet. Keep at it!

Rensslaer

BTW... I've just checked. The Soviet AI has 70-99 practicals (remember, this is before applying the latest patch!) and with all bonuses ("Barbarossa", "Minimal Training" and "Being Invaded" modifiers) they can build tanks and infantry in sth like two weeks :D Most buildtimes are around 10-15 :D

Also, after all their losses they STILL have ~1400 brigades and 4000+ MP. On the other hand, most of their units have 0 EXP or even negative EXP, while my units are true veterans now (even though I use "Basic Training" in order to keep the reinforcement flow coming - reinforcement penalty for higher levels is infeasible in my situation) :)

If the first thousand doesn't make it, there is always the second thousand, I guess :D

Now that's a challenge ;) Maybe I will switch to AI Control? :D:D:D

Last edited:
BTW... I've just checked. The Soviet AI has 70-99 practicals (remember, this is before applying the latest patch!) and with all bonuses ("Barbarossa", "Minimal Training" and "Being Invaded" modifiers) they can build tanks and infantry in sth like two weeks :D Most buildtimes are around 10-15 :D

At least it still takes some time for them to build new units :D I guess if they get enough modifiers, the build time can turn negative! The units would finish before they are started! :rofl:

*cough* Bad Idea *cough
Yeah, that was just a joke :D

At least it still takes some time for them to build new units :D I guess if they get enough modifiers, the build time can turn negative! The units would finish before they are started! :rofl:
That's how the people's factories work! The tanks are produced by sheer power of the workers' will.

BTW the distances on the Eastern Front never cease to amaze me.

I couldn't agree more! That screenshot really puts your progress into perspective!

And even when you've taken Moscow, that's only the beginning if the Soviets don't want to surrender - in my last 2 HPP tests the Germans have had to drive further East, endlessly, almost half-way across Asia! Oh, and then they usually have to retreat all the way back again... or perhaps I shouldn't mention that? :D

Yeah, but losing the capital has gamebreaking consequences in this game. That's why I will aid the Soviets a bit after (if? :D) they lose Moscow by giving them some free resources, supplies and fuel. They should still have a chance to fight back.

Awesome AAR. I think I will install HPP mod :)

Btw, what caused the USA to Declare on Japan?

Awesome AAR. I think I will install HPP mod
Good idea :D

Btw, what caused the USA to Declare on Japan?
I did it manually to make things more interesting :)

Sorry for the lack of updates. This AAR is not totally dead - I will finish it sooner or later. I just don't have much time right now and I actually have to play the game in order to create the next chapters :D

heh...btw, I like your (and Slan) idea of using a different strategy. I'm thinking of doing the same, maybe going with the Z-plan ;)
Maybe I will write an AAR for it :)

I would certainly follow a Plan-Z AAR.

Cybvep this AAR is great - I'm hooked. I've had HOI3 for a couple of years now but never really got into it - time to learn how to play, feeling of being completely overwhelmed when I had little more than an hour to devote to a game meant it never really took off for me. I've had a couple of days at home over the holidays and have been browsing some of the AARs. Yours has really hooked me onto the new version of the game (SF) and the HPP mod. I'm inspired to put the effort in. Hopefully I'll be trying some out there ahistorical scenarios of my own soon. Many thanks and can't wait for the next update...

Thanks for the kind words, whiskysoup. It's really encouraging to see that the people are enjoying this AAR :)

It's not dead, although I know that things have been rather quiet recently. Hopefully, I will be able to post an update during this weekend. Stay tuned ;)

Highway to Hell

Your posts motivated me for action. Here we go!

Operation Red Doom

Our forces started a massive offensive in the North and quickly pushed the Soviets back. Cooperation between the mobile forces and foot infantry was perfect and the defenders were too shocked to prepare second line of defence.

Our troops stationed near Leningrad started a minor offensive in order to tie the enemy divisions there and take positions for encirclement attempt. While there are not many German soldiers in the region, the Soviet defensive lines are not strong, either. Moreover, most of tanks fighting in the Leningrad Region are light, while the enemy has just foot infantry. The speed of LARMs will aid us greatly.

We have managed to cut the enemy's defence line in half and our mobile forces are just about to encircle a good chunk of enemy troops fighting in the North. One pocket has already been created and the situation of enemy soldiers trapped there is hopeless. The operation is clearly going well.

The Bolsheviks are crumbling in the North. The attack of the German soldiers was performed with such fury and in such a vigorous manner that our enemies simply stood no chance and were forced to flee from their previous positions. Enemy soldiers isolated in the pockets will soon meet their doom.

A joint strike from two sides finally resulted in the total annihilation of all organised resistance in the North. As a result of the Operation Red Doom, a coherent frontline no longer exists there and it is unlikely that the Soviets will be able to rebuild it. The Soviet soldiers are either encircled or broken. Thousands lie dead in the field and many more are surrendering every day. This is a major victory for the Heer, indeed.

---------------------

The Southern Front

Our forces advance in Ukraine meeting almost no opposition. The Soviets do not have enough troops to cover all the fronts and it seems that Ukraine is not the greatest priority for them. For us, on the other hand, Ukraine is important. There are plenty of resources there which we will deny to the Soviets by conquering the region. Should the fighting continue in 1944, Stalin's chances for victory will diminish almost to zero if the Soviet industry will not manage to outproduce ours.

Our advance is so decisive that we are more limited by the sheer distances that have to be covered than the enemy attacks. The Soviet do not have any meaningful reserves in the region.

On 12th of June 1943 long and bloody fighting in Trembowla pocket has finally come to an end. Thousands of enemy soldiers were captured - the same men who once were fighting on the now non-existent Ukrainian frontline and caused us so many problems. Many German and allied divisions that were engaged in pocket-clearing operations there will now be able to support our struggle on the other fronts.

The German soldiers managed to take control over the whole Crimea, including Sevastopol, the most important port in the Black Sea. This marks the total success of the Southern Campaign.

----------------

The Central Front

The fighting near Smolensk is fierce, but it is generally going in our favour. Unlike on the other fronts, the Soviets do not lack troops in the Centre, but the quality of their divisions is questionable.

We sensed our chance to trap several Soviet divisions in the Pripet Marshes. The extremely poor quality of the infrastructure in the marshlands means that it is possible to prevent the enemy from escaping simply by blocking several key paths in the area.

Trouble. Our encirclement attempt near Smolensk failed and it seems that most of the enemy troops will be able to escape. Since it is their only chance of survival, the Soviets are concentrating most of their efforts on keeping the coherent frontline. Even though our soldiers show signs of exhaustion and the supply situation is rather bad, it is pivotal to keep pushing and prevent the enemy from solidifying his defence line.

It has been decided that Homyel needs to be taken. While it is not an important city in itself, by capturing it we will be able to consolidate our position in the Central Front. Our primary goal is to establish an unified frontline ranging from Ukraine to Belarus. Our secondary goal is to trap as many enemy divisions as possible in the marshlands.

The Gates of Moscow

While our soldiers are engaged in fierce fighting in the Centre, our great success in the North allowed our mobile divisions to bypass most of the organised opposition and to strike directly at Moscow. Stalin is panicking. There are almost no reserves in the region and he has to bring troops from other fronts in order to protect the capital.

On 12th of June first German troops appeared in the suburbs of Moscow. The city's garrison is not numerous, but the enemy soldiers are well dug-in and the urban environment is very confusing for our panzers. Moreover, first Soviet reinforcements are about to arrive near the capital by railway.

The ultimate battle has now begun!