• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Cybvep: ...On 16th of January 1943 our bombers started the bombardment of Port of Dover. .. The bombings continued and their effects were devastating.

that is good ! ! :)

Cybvep:
...Unfortunately, our aircraft losses were considerable, too.

that is not so good ! ! ;)

Cybvep:
...As a result, German leadership had mixed feelings about the outcome of the operation. .. that the port will be blocked by sea instead. .. It is expected that the Allied forces will not pose a threat to our western holdings in 1943.

awesome, the neutralization of the British ! ! :D

most excellent update ! !
:cool:

Yeah, the Allies got their assess kicked so badly that they no longer has any capability of performing a decent-sized invasion in western Europe. They lost most of their army in France and I destroyed most of their navy. The UK is the only Allied country with significant land forces, but without the navy they are harmless.

However, they still have some forces in Africa and their airforce is a force to be reckoned with.

Cybvep: ...their airforce is a force to be reckoned with.

true, especially if backed up by the USAAF ! ! :eek:

Cybvep: ...their airforce is a force to be reckoned with.

true, especially if backed up by the USAAF ! ! :eek:
I hope that the USA won't join the war until late 1943 or sth. By now they must have an enormous IC and a powerful navy. However, their economy is still immobilised, so I do not think that they are an immediate threat. In the event of war I expect to have at least 3 months before any serious action is undertaken by the US forces.

BTW I'm at home now, so no updates till January 2011 ;) However, feel free to ask questions, make comments and give suggestions ;).

The US won't join unless they've been attacked, and only Japan is scripted to attack them. However, Japan has a strict set of conditions to meet in order to do so, with the main condition being that Japan is at war with the UK. Unfortunately, that means if you call Japan to arms against the Soviets, Japan will be at war with the UK and can trigger Pearl Harbor. Granted, Slan made the AI seriously think about it before firing the decision, but it might do so anyway and make your game even harder.

Oh, well you shouldn't have anything to worry about then, at least when it comes to the US joining. You still have the Red Menace to deal with though :)

Pretty much, yes. You'll need to grab Moscow and Leningrad at a minimum, in order to take away their main LS and MP provinces, as well as most of their IC. If you can't do that, then you run the risk of your over-extended line being overrun by the Slavic horde.

Leningrad is easy though. After you finish up the Baltic Pocket you plan to make, send your carriers to the Gulf of Finland and sink the navy hiding there. Then, use your marines and paratroopers to take the city, taking advantage of any shore bombardment you can make. You can think of it as practice for Sealion later.

If your ships have the range, you can also take Murmansk and Arkhangelsk as well. I wouldn't expect to keep the ports, but you will definitely force the Soviets to divert forces to kick you out.

Interesting ideas, TheBromgrev. I think that I will use naval support during siege of Leningrad, yeah. Especially now, when Allies are not a big threat and I can move the bulk of my navy to the Baltic Sea.

However, the Soviet industry is very dispersed. The bulk of their IC is in Ukraine and the rest is scattered over vast Soviet territory. Leningrad alone is useless - Moscow will be the key. While it won't destroy Soviets completely, they will become disorganised for quite a while, because of the loss of their resources and the necessary reorganisation of supply lines.

There is always the possibility that they will simply bleed me out. I expect heavy MP losses and quite a lot of IC will be needed for reinforcements, too. My army is now modern, but as new research is being completed, more IC will be needed for upgrades. There is also the question of air superiority...

It should be noted that Soviets have massive MP reserve and even if they lose their most important provinces, they will still be able to produce units at a tolerable rate as long as they have some IC. However, potential loss of Moscow will cost them dearly in supplies, so they will have to make up for that loss somehow...

.. and that's when rockets may prove to be useful. By late 1943 I will most likely have some strategic rockets at my disposal and I will try to attack Soviet IC cities and disrupt their infra for as long as possible, so even if my land units will not be able to advance during winter of 1943/1944, hopefully Soviets won't be able to replace all their losses by Spring 1944.

EDIT: BTW USA entry into the war is too rigid in HPP. It should be at least a little bit more flexible. Especially a very successful Japan should trigger some sort of neutrality-reduction event. Extremely successful Germany/SU/whatever could do it, too. Some dissent and popularity loss can follow, of course, but it's unrealistic to think that USA would sit idly by while new superpowers are being born.

Last edited:
Cybvep: ...Moscow will be the key. While it won't destroy Soviets completely, they will become disorganised for quite a while, because of the loss of their resources and the necessary reorganisation of supply lines.

if HOI 3 is similiar to HOI 2, then it will take multiple capital 'captures' to capture the Soviet supplies and resources. in my current HOI 2 DD test game, the Soviets moved their capital about five times, so far... in fact, i don't think i have captured the Soviet capital but once (and that is a maybe) as they move it when i get close ! ! :rolleyes:

anyway, best of luck ! !

( i think you will need it ! ! )

HoI3 is not like HoI2 in this aspect either. Capitals don't move until they are captured, when it is already too late...

Slan: HoI3 is not like HoI2 in this aspect either. Capitals don't move until they are captured, when it is already too late...

very interesting ! ! that is too "dramatic" a shift ! ! :rolleyes:

of course, for me, the important thing is that you keep whatsoever resources you generate, capture, or trade for...

Slan: HoI3 is not like HoI2 in this aspect either. Capitals don't move until they are captured, when it is already too late...

very interesting ! ! that is too "dramatic" a shift ! ! :rolleyes:

of course, for me, the important thing is that you keep whatsoever resources you generate, capture, or trade for...

Problem is, you don't. Resources are all kept in the capital now (except un-convoyed stuff in overseas territory), and they will be added to the conquerer if you lose yuor capital. Which is a very stupid mechanic, but we can't really do anything about it :( Still, it should only matter in the long run if you produce less resources (like Cybvep does at the moment...) than you consume, because otherwise your stockpile wouldn't be used anyway. Supplies might be a problem though, as losing all of them will cause the entire supply chain to collapse, and it will need to stand up again, which might take several days! (Or even weeks, if the chain is long enough.)

Slan: Problem is, you don't.

only if you lose your capital ! ! really, if a player loses their capital, then they have lost the game anyway ! ! :eek:

Slan: ...Resources are all kept in the capital now (except...)

well, i agree that supplies should move from the (closest) factories to the supply network, but that is probably too difficult to implement...

Slan: ...Which is a very stupid mechanic, but we can't really do anything about it :(

"stupid" is subjective. i choose to call it simply "mechanic", something that can be changed. that said, i agree that we can't do anything about it: AFAIK it is basic to the function of the game.

Slan: ...Still, it should only matter in the long run if you produce less resources (like Cybvep does at the moment...) than you consume, because otherwise your stockpile wouldn't be used anyway.

good point. that said, i have had to labor under the diminishing stockpile problem. and, sometimes, it is not fun... :rolleyes:

Slan: ...Supplies might be a problem though, as losing all of them will cause the entire supply chain to collapse, and it will need to stand up again, which might take several days! (Or even weeks, if the chain is long enough.)

that is an experience i have not had ! ! :cool:

Didn't the soviet government move to Gorki when the Germans was nearing Moscow? and the French moved also when the Germans was near Paris.

I seem to remember an option to move the capital in an event, I might be wrong or remember HoI2???

Didn't the soviet government move to Gorki when the Germans was nearing Moscow? and the French moved also when the Germans was near Paris.

I seem to remember an option to move the capital in an event, I might be wrong or remember HoI2???
Things were a bit different in HOI2. Soviet moved their capital to Kuibyshev (Samara) when the Germans were near Moscow, although Stalin stayed in the city in order to appease the population.

The effects of losing the capital are too drastic - that's to be sure.

The GhostWriter's Option

HoI3_402.jpg

With Eastern Front fully stabilised and situation in the West secured, German leadership could take firm steps against the Poles. The alliance was considered to be temporary right from the start. Therefore when Polish assistance was considered to be no longer necessary, we sent the final ultimatum to the Polish government.

Bewildered Polish leadership had no choice but to accept the German proposal. Polish officers were quickly arrested and Polish "army" - disbanded. There was little opposition from the military. The civilians, however, resisted the German rule and riots occured in some cities.

New occupation forces are being redeployed from Benelux and France. German personnel is taking control over airfields and supply lines. German administration is being established in former western Poland, where German minority welcomed our troops with flowers. One of our SAGs has just docked in Danzig. In other words - Poland became the part of the Great German Reich.

-------

I'm back, folks. Next update this week. I had enough of the nonsensical supply system (my troops in Eastern Prussia were practically out of supply) and decided to take the matters in my own hands.

My army is undergoing reorganisation before the final strike on the Soviets. It's time to tame the Bear!