• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The Crusade Regains Momentum

Finally, on 7th of October 1943, last groups of defenders were defeated in Lysychansk. More than a hundred thousand Bolsheviks surrendered - a significant blow to the enemy's morale, indeed. Our troops can now be used in other operations.

Our advance in the East is looking good. The Soviets are stretched thin and have no reserves, which only support the theory that when our most grave supply problems are dealt with, the enemy will offer little resistance.

The Romanians are broken and we are pushing relentlessly in order to take as much territory as possible. However, the Bulgarians are struggling to contain the enemy forces - they, too, found themselves overstretched.

Several Romanian divisions are now trapped in a single pocket in Hungary. Since they are undermanned and disorganised, we do not expect them to last long. We plan to attack the inner regions of Romania as soon as possible.

The Soviets are diverting troops from the Rostov Region to meet our advancing mobile forces. If things go well, Soviet forces will be crushed and the road to Stalingrad will lie open. In the worst case scenario, we expect to at least nullify any Soviet threat to Rostov. The Fuhrer does not want to hear about contingency plans - he is certain that Plan A will succeed.

In Persia, the Italians are closer to Baku than ever. While the terrain is harsh and the supply situation is shaky, the Soviets can no longer station as many troops in the region as they used to because of the German counteroffensive. We are also negotiating the potential inclusion of Turkey into the Anti-Comintern pact, but they treat their neutrality seriously.

Romania is kinda funny in the sense that their VPs are rather concentrated especially for the size of the country. They are much harder to conqure from the North than the South and not because of terrain, but because their VPs are in the South...

Romania is kinda funny in the sense that their VPs are rather concentrated especially for the size of the country. They are much harder to conqure from the North than the South and not because of terrain, but because their VPs are in the South...
Yeah, it would have been easier if I had conquered Yugoslavia earlier, since I would gain access to Bulgarian territory. However, I didn't want to invade Balkans early on, as it would divert troops that were needed in other regions. Still, my MP situation is good and more experience won't hurt, so I'm concerned very much.

BTW I have the ability to invite Yugoslavia to the Axis since... I don't know even when, but it was long time ago :p I don't want to risk the coup right now, though. When Romania is conquered, I will reposition my troops and THEN invite Yugoslavia. We will see what happens.

you certainly resolved the Rumanian problem rather neatly. Its a pity the AI does these suicidal DoWs when a little earlier it could have really thrown you off course.
Yeah. Bad timing on the AI's side.

Nice job relieving the pressure on Rostov. The Persian front looks mighty empty. Hope the Italians make good on the promise of neutralizing the Soviet oil reserves.

Nice job relieving the pressure on Rostov. The Persian front looks mighty empty. Hope the Italians make good on the promise of neutralizing the Soviet oil reserves.
Nice work near Rostov.

If the Italians are doing well, you might be able to finish ofgf the Russians with a Spring offensive next year...
Yes, it's possible that the war with the Soviets will end next year. Then I will turn my attention to the Allies. As I said before, I will conclude the AAR if (when?) I achieve dominance in Eurasia. No unrealistic invasions of the USA etc.

BTW the Soviets are still at war with the Allies and are actually being pushed back in Persia by them, too.

The End Is In Sight

Several enemy divisions have been encircled in the East. Our mobile forces are advancing further south in order to exploit the created breakthroughs, while the armoured and motorised divs which were assembled near Rostov to defend the city are now counter-attacking the Soviets. The intention is to create an another pocket and weaken the Soviet forces in the region so that they will not threaten Rostov again.

The bulk of the Romanian forces in the northern parts of the country are now encircled. The pocket will be progressively cleared. No heavy opposition is expected.

Our counter-attack was successful and another pocket was created near Rostov. While it is not very big, we think that the enemy cannot take such losses anymore.

The Romanians have been absolutely overwhelmed by our advancing armies and are now retreating. We are approaching the strategically important Romanian southern region, where the Romanian capital city is located.

Our operations in the East were successful. Rostov was saved and the enemy is practically defeated, so that we can now organise proper defence lines for the winter and concentrate on improving the local infrastructure. If all goes well, the final blow will be dealt during the spring and summer of 1944.

The Romanians are doomed. In northern Romania, the enemy is isolated, while in the south Ploesti is in sight and Bucharest is not far away, either. Most likely, the whole campaign will be concluded by November.

Continued kudos dealing with Romania. You didn't panic and are now heading toward a successful resolution of that theater. I thought you were sending some naval assets to the Black Sea. Am I mistaken? If not, did they arrive and what are they doing?

Continued kudos dealing with Romania. You didn't panic and are now heading toward a successful resolution of that theater. I thought you were sending some naval assets to the Black Sea. Am I mistaken? If not, did they arrive and what are they doing?
Yeah, they did arrive. One CTF is now supporting the operations in the East, i.e. CAGs are performing "Ground Attack" mission. We will see whether I will make any amphibious invasions. They meet little opposition, since the Soviets have few airfields in Europe now and they have big fuel problems, too.

neat work in Rumania and you're still keeping a lot of pressure up on the Soviets too
Yeah, the Romanians will be dealt with soon. However, I won't deal the final blow in the East with the current supply situation. It's not even a question of a -50% modifier, but I cannot attack if my troops run of out supplies every second day. However, I still have many months to spring, so infrastructure in several places should be improved by then.

enough months to build some transports maybe?

I'm building transports constantly at a slow but steady rate. Besides infrastructure and garrisons, most of my production lines are naval-oriented.

I meant the planes, not the ships ;-)

Are you thinking about air supply missions? I don't know, I haven't thought about them. I rarely use PARAs because they are too exploitive and I never build TRAs when I have no PARAs, but it may not be the best tactics. If you have experience with them, then I will gladly hear you out.

at one point, I had Rommel in Libya. took back Tobruk from the UK. made a "dash for the wire"...with pretty much the same result as RL. I based my transports at Athens (or was it Saloniki?). one run provides enough juice for about one extended assault. the bad side? the game seems to model transport runs by dispersing the plane's supplies and fuel to the ground forces it supports. so they need some time between runs to "resupply" themselves, as well as a reliable base where supplies can reach them easily. they're useless in a fight so a 1936 int can chase them off sometimes.
and, as Stalingrad proved, you can't expect it to run your entire army group for you.
but for some limited offensives they do come in handy (like a single corps stuck in El Alamein without fuel and supplies - no kidding, that's where I ended up).
given the lack of practical you probably need about 6-7 months and tons of IC.
If you don't have any by now, forget it. they won't save the day now.
even without para's I always try to have at least one or two before the war starts when i'm playing a major.