• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

aaronshadow577

Second Lieutenant
Jan 19, 2020
idk if anyone made a post like this but obv recently someone wants us to only share news in "what we know so far" not put worries or anything there..which we've done alot just put worries in there and talk about ideas on whats in BL2 and what isn't..so this post will be for people who wish to talk about BL2 stuff and share anything you want to about the game..even news if you want
im not going to put limits on here just please keep to the title of the post
also no being mean please..like dont say your a dumb*** or im going to kill you..no stuff like that
idk alot of the rules on here but im still on this site so im doing good and ik you guys who are still here are good to..if you have any games not about BL2 go to another post or make one of your own doing that..this is my second post but idk if theres anyone who made one like this if there has contact me on my profile and ill delete this or if your a admin you can do it if you want but please do tell if theres something wrong with my post and ill delete or change it ty and embrace my post
lol first time i made a vampire joke

NEW STUFF AND CHANGES TO THIS POST PLEASE READ
ok so things change if you guys have other games you wish to talk about feel free to come here
im sure theres other post on here that let you do that so this isn't any different..im sure there will be alot more to talk about when BL2 is released but we found so much info there's not much to talk about since we already talked so much about what we found..so it for that reason i edited my post if you guys are board and have nothing BL2 related stuff to talk about and share feel free to talk about other games im also into devil may cry..enjoy guys :)

Last edited:
i like BL2 ik it will be good even without 3rd person really
Well, maybe it will be good ... but also it could be great, exceptional, awesome, or even best ... and every single wish that will be omitted, will decerease that chance.

if you think its not good cuz theres no 3rd person then you eather haven't seen the gameplay demo
And how exactly should demo, that is confrimming that this game will not contain anything that is esential for someone, change his opinion? :D
Also ... there is really little you can tell about game from its pre-alpha gameplay.

Worst case scenario this can end like Fiat Multipla: Yes, there is some people who buy it, and even find it good car, but it certainly isnt bcs they find it beautyfull.

(theres a few problems in that but thats a old demo and they fixed that stuff by now just check outstar's video i think its called *i finally get my dream job* proof that the game is doing well)
That is kinda part of the problem ... since she get the job, she loose a bit of credibility. :(
Have you ever seen any employee, that start his/hers carrier yelling to the world, that curent product is total bull**it? :D
Also she cant tell us anything specific, so we have to "believe it will be good" as much, or maybe even more now, than before. :-/

And even more also, she allready make video about "why this game cant be 3th person optional" among other things (dunno if i can post here, so its named "Facial animations? fpp? mods?") and most of those so called reasons seem a lot more like excuses, than actual reasons. :-/

There is fact that 1st person have its benefits for some situations ... lets say: Firearms, long range disciplines, exploration for details (on that board for example), etc.
And also its fact that 3rd person have its benefits for some situations ... Meele combat, close range disciplines, exploration of enviroment (walking on the street), etc.
And since Bloodlines 2 should contain both (read: Meele, and Ranged combat), it should (as bloodlines 1) contain both wievs ... and im not sorry, but telling that 3rd person optional (important word here) game cant have that level of details in the world, bcs people will not even seen it, while camera is so far from that particular detail, is just bad excuse.
Yes, i understand that there is some risk that people will miss some detail while playing meele-focused character and staying in 3rd person most of the game ... that much i cannot deny.
But for one, this game is encouraging replayability (or as much we were told), so ... no big deal in mine opinion.
And for two, personaly i have litteraly no reason to believe, that any missed detail wont be witen somewhere on the internet, so ... this whole "problem" if you wish to adress it with that word, seem to me simmilar to option to kill Wevewolf in bloodlines 1, or Simon Milligan droping visit card in downtown hospital > its things that you may not see at first, maybe even not at second look ... but sooner or later you will, and it will make that moment of realisation even sweeter.

So, to be completely honest ... if any developer stand up, and just say that 3rd person movement animations is just expensive, and they want to see first if this game even will have some potential for another sequell. I will get that much easier, than this.

or your not really a fan of vtm at all
This is just nonsence ... it not makes you a fan, if you tell that something will be done good, even if you dont know if it will, or even worst if you allready know it isnt.
You can be a fan od Star Wars, and still be aware about all those things they messed up in new trilogy. And your love to that universe should not depend on how big fan you are, but on how much they screw it.

3rd person might be a mod
Probably ...
But this reliance on moders is one of major sins of today gamedevelopment industry. :-/

Dont get me wrong here, allow modyfiing is good. Support modyfiing is even better.
But no part of the game, should be omitted, bcs "moders will take care of it anyway".

even still its going to be good without 3rd person so "nobody cares"
This really makes me smile. :)
Since it was written as reaction for (supposely, but probably not) two people, that created accounts here only to tell us that they dont want to buy this game.
Yes, nobody cares about them ... and there is no reason to. Anyone who is just demanding, and threatens, without arguments or reasons should be ignored.

Funny part is that i was somehow included to them, for laughting at them. :D

now if your going to talk about stuff like that or w.e go to my thread (if it still on here)
Like you did?

*Shame!*
*Shame!*
*Shame!*
And obvious lazyness. :(

try the game before judging it
Some of us really like to ... but since second anounced demo was cancelled and we now eagrely expect some new reveals, there arent many options for us, are there? :p
Also even this come back to you ... blindly elevate something you havent try yet, is just as foolish, as blindly damn that thing. ;)

if you want something added contact the developmers (discord twitter etc.), or share the idea for a update for the game..im getting it regardless cuz it looks good..what about you?
Someone can think, that forum created by those developers seem like good place to start. :D
Also, 1st person problems are quite debated around here, even with some *customer support* people ... so, it seem like place as good as any.

Last edited:
Reactions:
hmm...idk why 3rd person not being in BL2 is such a problem i mean most games like "alien vs preditor" are 1st person only..the worst thing that could happen is if BL2 was just a 1st person shooter..but i kinda get it people who want 3rd person in BL2 want to be able to see the character they created and see whats happening around them even from behind..idk but im sure pdx in one of there videos already explained why it would be 1st person only..tbh i am worried about character creation..like if we just have 1st person does that mean we're stuck with only the default presets like male player characters only get black hair like no changing your looks like hair style eye color etc? idk what i do know BL2 was delayed for a reason so it doesn't make the same mistakes as BL1..forgive me for saying you guys weren't true fans if your not buying it i really am sorry but really there's hardly any time to make 3rd person a thing the developers locked almost everything down it's almost finished...BL2 looks good probably might be even better then its demo's when it's released..when it's out im getting it..most people who don't buy a new good looking game only do so after reviews or if a friend tells them the game looks amazing..and thats ok

Im not even sure you read that first reaction ... but w/e, lets discuss ...

hmm...idk why 3rd person not being in BL2 is such a problem
Well ... have you ever heared about motion sicness?
Honestly i dont suffer it, but basicly there are some people that have health problems with moving in game in first person ...
You can read more about it in here:

i mean most games like "alien vs preditor" are 1st person only..
Im not sure if mention one title should get word "most" ...
Also specificly AvP is mainly shooting game, where 1st person is usualy concidered to be better.
Yet i can give you few examples for 3rd person shooting games, that are also good ... Tomb Raider, Metal Gear Solid, Mass Effect.

But best option here was (in mine perspective ofc) optional 3rd/1st ... like Fallout, Skyrim, and ofc. Bloodlines.
You find something better? You use it, no pressure. :) And that is the way i like it most.

the worst thing that could happen is if BL2 was just a 1st person shooter..
That seem like incredibly sad fate. :(

but i kinda get it people who want 3rd person in BL2 want to be able to see the character they created and see whats happening around them even from behind..
Yes, that is part of the reason ... lets just say in some situations every view have its benefits, and if we are focused on one camera only ... we loose some.
Then we have to add some alternatives to ballance those missing benefits, and it not allways look good ... for example, in demo we can see those yellow arrows that says us, where another attacters are. That dont seem to me like elegant solution. :-/

//edit:
Also there is another reasons for other people ... for example if you watch Outstar video i mentioned abowe ...
She talks there about differences in movement in 1st and 3rd person wiev games ... specificly about that she will strafe in third person viev games, but turn around in first person viev games ... that is clearly nonsence.
You have both options regardless of point of viev in both games, and you should strafe if you are focusing on something in front of you, and turn if you need to focus on something that is on sides. :D

idk but im sure pdx in one of there videos already explained why it would be 1st person only..
The only reason i heared is that there for some time was not released any first person game ...
Pretty poor reason, concidering how great desire for optional 3rd person viev is showed here ... if you ask me. :-/

tbh i am worried about character creation..like if we just have 1st person does that mean we're stuck with only the default presets like male player characters only get black hair like no changing your looks like hair style eye color etc?
Im not, there is some sequences where you will be able to see your avatar ... for example: Probably reflexions, feeding, kicking your oponent in the leg and salto over him, executing special moves, etc.
Also there was allready confrimmed that character chreation will be prettydeep. In most videos we are told that we will be certainly able to alter our visage, our boty type (i dunno why this is how we now call sex of our character), hair collor, hairstyle, and face ... we just dont get sliders to alter parts of face.
And many more things, that are not exactly related to our look.

idk what i do know BL2 was delayed for a reason so it doesn't make the same mistakes as BL1..
There was specificly told that this delay was to add some polish to game ... that means animations, graphic, physics check, etc.
Also ... no one can asure that if they dont make the same mistakes as BL1 (meaning that game was rushed and clearly unfinished, there is many videos and texts about it on the internet) they cant make new ones. No game is perfect, but listen to your comunity is usualy good way to awoid the worst.

but really there's hardly any time to make 3rd person a thing
Well ... since they specificly said that this delay is NOT mend to add anything that was not part of plan for this game since the beginning ... 3rd person included.
(and im not sure, but i have the feeling that this was specificly mentioned among other clans, or disciplines).

the developers locked almost everything down it's almost finished...
This is something we all wish to believe ... but for one "almost" is extremely relative term in game development ... and for two i didnt seen any official confrimations, so i hope you understand if i remain sceptical.

BL2 looks good probably might be even better then its demo's when it's released..
Well, it better be ... im affraid that there is not enough dice in the world to stop fans from frenzy, if this game will not be better than its demo. Especialy after all that bonus waiting. :D

Last edited:
Reactions:
Im not even sure you read that first reaction ... but w/e, lets discuss ...

Well ... have you ever heared about motion sicness?
Honestly i dont suffer it, but basicly there are some people that have health problems with moving in game in first person ...
You can read more about it in here:

Im not sure if mention one title should get word "most" ...
Also specificly AvP is mainly shooting game, where 1st person is usualy concidered to be better.
Yet i can give you few examples for 3rd person shooting games, that are also good ... Tomb Raider, Metal Gear Solid, Mass Effect.

But best option here was (in mine perspective ofc) optional 3rd/1st ... like Fallout, Skyrim, and ofc. Bloodlines.
You find something better? You use it, no pressure. :) And that is the way i like it most.

That seem like incredibly sad fate. :(

Yes, that is part of the reason ... lets just say in some situations every view have its benefits, and if we are focused on one camera only ... we loose some.
Then we have to add some alternatives to ballance those missing benefits, and it not allways look good ... for example, in demo we can see those yellow arrows that says us, where another attacters are. That dont seem to me like elegant solution. :-/

//edit:
Also there is another reasons for other people ... for example if you watch Outstar video i mentioned abowe ...
She talks there about differences in movement in 1st and 3rd person wiev games ... specificly about that she will strafe in third person viev games, but turn around in first person viev games ... that is clearly nonsence.
You have both options regardless of point of viev in both games, and you should strafe if you are focusing on something in front of you, and turn if you need to focus on something that is on sides. :D

The only reason i heared is that there for some time was not released any first person game ...
Pretty poor reason, concidering how great desire for optional 3rd person viev is showed here ... if you ask me. :-/

Im not, there is some sequences where you will be able to see your avatar ... for example: Probably reflexions, feeding, kicking your oponent in the leg and salto over him, executing special moves, etc.
Also there was allready confrimmed that character chreation will be prettydeep. In most videos we are told that we will be certainly able to alter our visage, our boty type (i dunno why this is how we now call sex of our character), hair collor, hairstyle, and face ... we just dont get sliders to alter parts of face.
And many more things, that are not exactly related to our look.

There was specificly told that this delay was to add some polish to game ... that means animations, graphic, physics check, etc.
Also ... no one can asure that if they dont make the same mistakes as BL1 (meaning that game was rushed and clearly unfinished, there is many videos and texts about it on the internet) they cant make new ones. No game is perfect, but listen to your comunity is usualy good way to awoid the worst.

Well ... since they specificly said that this delay is NOT mend to add anything that was not part of plan for this game since the beginning ... 3rd person included.
(and im not sure, but i have the feeling that this was specificly mentioned among other clans, or disciplines).

This is something we all wish to believe ... but for one "almost" is extremely relative term in game development ... and for two i didnt seen any official confrimations, so i hope you understand if i remain sceptical.

Well, it better be ... im affraid that there is not enough dice in the world to stop fans from frenzy, if this game will not be better than its demo. Especialy after all that bonus waiting. :D

motion sickness..hmm tbh i kinda dont get sick but if im on my treadmill walking and playing my game at the same time..if i make my character jump or run in another direction well my vision kinda tilts left to right..idk and i see you seen the demo trailers that you posted in "what we know" hope you like it..heh tbh MGS5 online (metal gear) should have got a 1st person view its a shooter game and 3rd person your kinda exposed as much as the enemy player..anyways assuming BL2 has everything done and locked i hope they reveal a release date soon..no e3 but most studios do online reveals... video i hope so hopefully pdx reveals BL2 release date at the time e3 was supposed to take place

To be fair, there are things that both players & developers can do to limit or even negate Motion Sickness within First Person games. The devs have made it clear how they want to make the game as accessible as possible-whilst still retaining the First Person aspect. From what I understand, allowing players to manually change the level of Head-bob & the FOV can work wonders, from what I've heard.

heh tbh MGS5 online (metal gear) should have got a 1st person view its a shooter game and 3rd person your kinda exposed as much as the enemy player..
Just two things ... First of all, its not a shooter game, its "tactical espionage action" ... meaning to stealth efectively, you need to see as much around you as possible, so 3rd person is here usefull. And second, that game have pretty realistic optional first person, if you need it. Same as all previous MGS games, back to 2001. ;)

anyways assuming BL2 has everything done and locked i hope they reveal a release date soon..
Still wonder where did you get that. o_O
In Dev Diary #10 ... there was told that "Most of our side-quests are written, scripted, and locked down in the game" ... but that does not mean that "everything is done". :)

Reactions:
Just two things ... First of all, its not a shooter game, its "tactical espionage action" ... meaning to stealth efectively, you need to see as much around you as possible, so 3rd person is here usefull. And second, that game have pretty realistic optional first person, if you need it. Same as all previous MGS games, back to 2001. ;)

In Dev Diary #10 ... there was told that "Most of our side-quests are written, scripted, and locked down in the game" ... but that does not mean that "everything is done". :)

....and that was over a month ago. Outstar has indicated that whole areas are being "locked down" on a regular basis.

lol ofc i forgot how stupid of me..they got most of the stuff locked down..and a new trailer dropped..so im going to watch it later..*roadrunner run*

Reactions:
im board...*sign* anyone get the feeling BL2 might release in December? ik pod (prince of discord) said that's just a place holder...actually whats his name on here anyone know?
going to try and ask him if the games release is close to summer or winter..if winter might be December...if you guys have questions youd like me to ask him about the game i can..i dont have anything else going on atm so..

Reactions:
Hey there, I'm the Prince of Discord so you can feel free to ask me anything in here too. : )
ah tnx im shadow light if you remember me..so i asked this already i assume you're answer about the release date is the same so here's my other question i heard you guys will be showing off your new game on that online event that's inplace of e3 if thats true will we see BL2 there with a new trailer/releas date? im sure you know how half the people here are feeling atm with that new post saying something like (was march 2020 a intended release?) i understand if it's a surprise if that's the case feel free to tell me and ill keep it a secret
also im sure you remember me asking if BL2 will support mods on the console (ps4, Xbox one etc.) that happened yet?
tnx for reading and tnx for being here to reply really appreciate it :)

Hey there!

I believe the next event Paradox will be at is the Guerilla Collective (https://www.guerrillacollective.com/). We don't have the schedule online for what games will be there but if there's Bloodlines 2 news we'll be sure to post about it here and on our social media/Discord.

I'm afraid at this time we don't have information on modsupport for consoles as it's a case by case basis depending on Sony and Microsoft. Again this is something we'll look into and post updates when and if we receive them.

• 2Like
  • 2Love
Reactions:
Hey there!

I believe the next event Paradox will be at is the Guerilla Collective (https://www.guerrillacollective.com/). We don't have the schedule online for what games will be there but if there's Bloodlines 2 news we'll be sure to post about it here and on our social media/Discord.

I'm afraid at this time we don't have information on modsupport for consoles as it's a case by case basis depending on Sony and Microsoft. Again this is something we'll look into and post updates when and if we receive them.

i see...well im pretty sure everyone who's waiting on BL2 is hoping it gets released this year (which ik you said it would so i believe) if anything with this new information we should all catch that event as well when it happens in case its not at the e3 online thing
since you guys dont have a schedule for what games will be showcased i assume it's kinda random..like you could showcase these games at e3online but show some different games at the GC or it could be the same games from before that were at e3online
that's how it works right?..alot of people are hopefull for BL2 release this year myself included..i usually just watch stuff like that on YT
if GC has a YT channel then can you link me to it? one more question..probably the most important since you told me BL2 would still release this year
even if it's released how will you guys be able to ship it to stores in places with the virus? i mean my parents told me the gamestop in our area was only allowing 5 people in it at a time..will you guys be able to ship it without trouble?

4 days left till the GC...ok so here's my question and im sure most of you are wandering the same thing anyone can answer.. ok are game studios releasing there games regardless of the virus if so how like are they prepared and equipped with mask and stuff like any other business when they ship it?
the GameStop near where i live according to my parents was out of consoles and barely had any games hopefully they dont release the game the day after that event..that would give plenty of people time to preorder the game

Reactions:
Gezz idk why you disagree..if it's hoping BL2 doesn't release the day after its preview online you got to understand
the pandimic is still around because of the virus and everyone isn't just after tolit paper its everything..maybe that's why gamestop barely had any games..if they release it after the online event where it was shown the you can bet gamestop wont have a single copy after that because of the people running around in a panic punching and taking from other people im not saying it should be a year (really iv complained about it being delayed and trying to find out a release) if i worked on BL2 id release it a week after the online event..im not crazy enough like most the assholes who panic and get everything they want..just think about it

ofc if you was disagree my question then it's just a question and thats not answering it..seriously how can they release BL2 this year with the virus at large are the equipped and trained to handle and ship the game even in places that has the virus?
disagree doesn't answer that question
now if you was doing that just to be doing that..understand thats mean and if it continues i will report it
only if you was doing it to be a ass and didn't read what i said

I disagree with people that want to go to GameStop and I disagree that this shop needs to be filled up with games before games can get released.

• 2Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
You can allways buy digital version ...
Or place that ordered and delivered box into 2 weeks quarantine, before you open it. ;)

At this point I'm half expecting PDX to come out and postpone whatever they had planned in tune with other industry companies' announcements.

Personally I hope they won't since this has been a shite year from its onset and I don't need (another) reminder of that, but there is a high chance of it.

Last edited: