• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(34277)

Corporal
Sep 13, 2004
I'm playing as the Italians in version 1.06c. I control all of the med, spain, vichy, Yug, Alb, Gre, Tur, Al, Mar, Tun, Lib, Egy, Lib, Syr, + some colonies in Africa and Iraq.

Germany attacked Russia in summer '41 but were not very successfull in their invasion. In spring '42 Germany had only taken one or two Russian territories since the beginning of the war. It did not look good and I was of course worried that the Russian might actually win the war. So I joined the Axis and attack Russia from Iraq and and Turkey. After three years the Russian offered Germany bitter peace which they, of course, accepted. But then many strange thing happened.

1) All the territories which Italy had won were given to the Germans. :confused:
2) All the Italian forces in territories given to the Soviets were like frozen. I can not move my forces, str. redeploy them or anything. :confused: :confused:

I can accept the loss of territories but loosing nearly 60 Inf. div, 7 mec. div and 5 tank div. is of course unacceptable. Just watch 3/5 of my army die slowly after helping Germany beat the Soviet is of course NOT FAIR. :mad:

I can move my airplaines but all ground forces are frozen.

Has anybody heard of this bug before?

Upvote 0
The bug is there, and there's no way to go around it.

As for your troops, you can either ask SU for military access, or you can send them as 'expeditionary forces' to the Soviet Union, and march them to the border with Germany, then re-assume control of them and march them to germany (you're still allied, right?). The latter is more work but won't use up DI.

N35t0r said:
The bug is there, and there's no way to go around it.
It's not a bug in Paradox terminology since it is Working as Designed. The problem is that the game isn't designed for that situation. If you want to allow it you need to make some alternative Bitter Peace events that check which country owns which key provinces and gives them chunks of territory on that basis.

The Bitter Peace is an event and can only cover Germany and the Soviet Union. You would need too many variants for potential Axis allies to cover all possibilities. The Axis could include Czech, Austrian, Bulgarian, Romanian, Hungarian, Finn, and Italian forces plus others depending upon how ingenious the human player is. That's a lot of events to write. It would also be better if the Bitter Peace automatically granted military access to Germany and the SU so that their forces can move into their new borders, but including all potential Axis countries in the bitter peace would mean that a lot of new events would have to be written.

If the SU does not grant you military access, edit a saved game and give it to yourself. Look around to see who grants military access and then use that as a template to give yourself military access. I've done that when the SU does not immediately give Germany military access, so you too can edit a saved game and figure out how to set it up.

You can always send them as exp. forces and move them to your border... no need to edit the saves.

N35t0r said:
You can always send them as exp. forces and move them to your border... no need to edit the saves.

Thanks for the advice :cool:

I tried to ask Russia for MA but they did not accept. As my last save was in game time over four months old it was really not a good obtion to reload and start all over again. But at least it is better than loosing the game.

anyway thanks again...

bitter peace doesnt just happen... Look for the conditions, look for the bitter-peace-borders, and when conditions are met, retreat your troops to this borders and hold them, until it happens...

easy, fair, acceptable