• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Wave

Rocker moth
61 Badges
Sep 12, 2009
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Semper Fi
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Magicka
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • BATTLETECH
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Magicka 2
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Steel Division: Normand 44 Sign-up
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV
Prologue​

"Mithranes Orontid was a fine man. A fine man indeed, well liked by the senate and by the citizens of Armenia, citizens of the nation that was most advanced country in middle-east."

So said his son after the death of his father and quoted his grandfather. Mithranes Orontid was a king of armenia. He succeeded his father when he was 41 years old, he had watched his father lying to all citizens of Armenia for many years, too many he could count them precisely. His father had used extreme propaganda to hide his real plans and that Armenia was years after some more advanced countries. When Mithranes Orontid was watching his father dying at an cold autumn evening he knew that he would stop everything his father has started and begin building new kingdom of Armenia.

Part 1

Aevum de Obscurum
The age of darkness
1.1.474 AVC - 5.12.500 AVC​

"By the name of prophet Zoroaster I will serve Armenia as her ruler until the death takes me." After promising this Mithranes Orontid was crowned to the King of Armenia.
Not very long time after that his councillors and government started to bring him their ideas. One was to take Iberian lands that were just next to them. Mithranes accepted and declared a war against Iberia. Iberia was struggling against Colchis, Iberia's King Pharnavaz had declared a war on Colchis and marched all armies to Soani and Phasis. Mithranes' armies faced no enemies in Iberia and besieged both provinces.
Half a year lated Iberian provinces had surrendered and Iberia had wated their armies in Colchis by fighting against their archers with slow heavy infantry and badly armored militia.
Mithranes annexed whole Iberia to part of the Armenian Kingdom. Unlike his father would have done and against the orders of his all coucillors, he released captured and jailed Iberian king Pharnavaz Pharnavazid from jail. Decision was right, Pharnavaz was excellent general and became loyal to Armenia.

Mithranes Orontid after his death
4942100879_628ca37e37_z.jpg

Year later Mithranes was planning attack to Colchis. He couldn't start war directly with Colchis without losing his own reputation. He declared a war against Colchis' ally, Rhoxolani. Rhoxolanis' chief called Colchis to help with war and Mithranes answered by marching 9000 men with Excellent, yet unexperienced generals and equipment made of excellent Armenian steel to Colchisian lands. Battles were bloody because Colchis' archers did great damage to slow heavy infantry but Armenians killed almost every light infantry man of Colchis. Year turned from autumn to winter to spring and Colchisian cities weren't still intending to surrender. Mithranes had a plan against Pontus but because his main army was in Colchis he couldn't do anything else but plan the attack. Pontus had declared war against Bithynia and suffered absurd losses, all provinces except Pontus were conquered and took by Bithynia.
When the autumn came again Colchisian provinces surrendered. Soani and Coraxi became Armenian backyards.

Mithranes let the armies rest a while and trained more men. Armenian army became stronger than any of their neighbors except Seleucids'.
Finally at June 481 AVC Mithranes told Pharnavaz, the new general of 2nd army, to march over Pontus' border. Pharnavaz marched 10 000 men to Pontus and left no choice than die for Pontician light infantry. Battles were short but bloody, Pharnavaz lost 1200 men and Mithridates, Pontus' king and general of the first army lost 7300 men. Again the toughness of Armenian heavy infantry was shown. Year ended and another begun while Pharnavaz was besiegin Pontus. When the some of the first days of May was turning into the night Pontician man came out of the last castle all people had escaped the Armenians. He had his hands up above his head and he was skinny, sick, tired and scared. He came and told Pharnavaz that citizens decided to surrender instead of die. The last Pontic province was made Armenian and Mithranes was happy, one less greek country to cause trobles to him.

Mithranes married Polemakratia Galatid and they got their first son. The heir was named Artasyras Orontid. When their next son born he was given same name, third son was named Mazaces and their last child, first daughter was named Parmys Orontid.

Truce with Colchis ended, Mithranes didn't waste any time and declared a war on them, marched one of his great armies to Phasis and with one victorious battle all Colchisian 2000 soldiers were killed. Phasis fell in Armenian hands after 3 months.

Pharnavaz Pharnavazid wasn't happy with his position as a general, he and his troops started to plan taking over the government. Mithranes heard about this and travelled to Pontus where Pharnavaz and his troops were serving and had a long talk with Pharnavaz. Most of what happened in Pharnavaz's great house are unclear and not know by most of people but one of Pharnavaz's loyal soldiers was listening and later wrote this in his recollection book:

"We all hailed the king like we had been taught but he didn't look happy. He wanted to see Pharnavaz and talk to him. At this point I knew he had heard about our plans and I started to pack up things I'd need, I was going to leave the province of Pontus. I didn't want to die. Somehow curiosity took the control of me and instead of leaving I went to Pharnavaz's house and below the open window I listened two kings talking.
- I've heard a rumor you are more loyal to your pockets and your soldiers than your kingdom.
- Thats ridiculous rumor! I'd never betray you after you released me instead of executing me as a nameless prisoner of war. What comes to my pockets, they are deep because I got a lot's of gold from the battles of Pontus.
- DON*T LIE TO ME!! One of my agents have found a notebook you have written things including your plan to invade king's palace. Do NOT say anything! Let me talk. You deserve execution but I know you too well. You have done lot's of good for Armenia and I don't want to lose one of my best generals. This is your last warning, if I hear about anything I can concern as unloyalty your days are numbered.
- My king... Forgive me.. As a former king the greed for power takes the control sometimes. I will serve you as well as I can."

This was enough to scare Pharnavaz to be loyal for next 10 years and make it clear to all soldiers that the goverment won't be taken over as long as he lives.

When new year 485 begun Mithranes asked his sons to come to him. He knew that his time was soon over and his oldest son would take his place.
- Artasyras, come here, I don't want to shout, he said quietly
"- Okay father.
- Listen, you will become next king, you will become king soon, my days are soon over. Don't fear what will come before you, you can control it. You're young and strong, I'm old and weak. It's your time soon.
- Father, what you mean by soon?
- I had a dream last night, I was told that my days are over, I don't know what told me but.. When death takes me I don't hesitate to look it in the eyes, It can't surprise me anymore.
- But father... when?
- My dear child.... go, sleep now, tomorrow awaits. I don't know when, some day it's tomorrow."

21st April 485 Mithranes Orontid died at the age of 61 years. One day was sanctified for the memory of old king but next day whole kingdom was eagerly waiting for Artasyras Orontid to be crowned.
The new king was crowned when he was 14 years old. Government and his coucillors would be leading the country until Artasyras was 16 and he would become able to rule the Armenia.

Two years passed by fast and Armenia was cooling off from the wars Mithranes had declared.
The first thing Artasyras did was start to build navy. Armenia didn't have any ships yet but Artasyras knew that there was enough wood in Soani that could be brought to Phasis for dockyard.
Artasyras started to spend the huge amount of gold there was in nations coffers, he wanted 10 ships to be built from Phasis.
Later he spent some gold to build irrigations and however he tried to use the gold the taxes still brought more and more to government. Artasyras noticed that his father had made Armenia extremely wealthy nation and the actions his father had done didn't just bring wealth to nation, they brought help to people which raised tax amounts. Artasyras had to switch his ruling methods or he would get bad reputation.

Artasyras Orontid
4942135973_fe9270251f_z.jpg

When the navy was built Artasyras declared a war against Rhoxolani, this time Armenia would claim the provinces in bosporus. Rhoxolani seemed to interest other nations too, almost half of the greek countries were at war with them too but by using gross strategies and by abusing greek armies he took over whole Rhoxolani. Armenia demanded Rhosolani and Alazones in the peace deal and Rhoxolani had to accept it.
Artasyras faced the rough truth that his generals started to be disloyal, his father never had such problems. He held a speech to his armies and generals which seemed to help. But one man was brave enough to face Artasyras: Pharnavaz Pharnavazid. Mithranes had left some orders for Artasyras how to deal with several people and executing his fathers orders he brought Pharnavaz to the capital city of armenia and at the steps of the king's palace Pharnavaz's head was cut off. Blood ran at the streets after some Pharnavaz's supporters attacked the royal family and were killed. Altought Artasyras had show he can rule the nation and his popularty was one of the lowest in the history of Armenian leaders.

When year 500 AVC begun Artasyras decided that the era of the peace will begin. Armenia was surrounded by allied force of Seleucids, Bosporan Kingdom and Bithynia. Any mis-move could cause extremely deadly war, only Seleucids had 45 000 men right next to Armenian border, Armenia had 30 000 men spread all over the Kingdom, Bithynia had access to wood and iron which could make very deadly army and Bosporians had colonized several new provinces.
Artasyras decided that only expansion Armenia would do will be settling barbarian lands.

The end of era of darkness had ended.

Last edited:
Prologue​

Over 20 years had made the people of Armenia though and able to survive with little food, little education and little money, the government had took all gold people had to carry on in a multiple conflicts. Armenian nation had became big but its people had just suffered. Artasyras Orontid was going to stop that. His father had tried to make Armenia bigger, he did well, but he didn't knew that individuals would suffer so much. Now it was time to make people feel the greatness of Armenian kingdom.

Part 2

Calm before the storm
501 - 18th July 505

Fireplaces and torches did their best to keep the great king's palace warm in the middle of the coldest part of the year. Artasyras Mithranes was getting sick, palace wasn't really warm even at summers, the stone stays cold a long time after the winter and this year summer hadn't been long nor hot so the palace worked like a medieval fridge. Artasyras started to think about the citizens of Armenia, what they had to suffer during the long wars and cold winters while the government took all their money to fund their interests. He had to do something for his people, he had to show he isn't like his father. Weirdly his father never lost his popularity, even during long wars and hostile diplomacy against other nations. Now Artasyras had to face that even his youngest brother was more popular than he.

To help the people Artasyras first started building better fortifications to provinces, then he decided that the war won't be declared on any country by Armenia and he took half off from the military expenses. More forts were upgraded and people became more happy.
Mithranes had completely forgot to try advance in technologies, now new people were positioned to make researches more efficient.

Whatever good Artasyras did his popularity didn't seem to rise. He had a long time rival who now had gone too far. Artasyras decided that she had to die. She was jailed and executed silently in jail but someone heard about it and a rumor was spreading. Artasyras was considered as a tyrant leader and people started show marks of unloyalty.
The governor of Rhoxolani, Sarmatia and Alazones wanted to make region of Bosporus independent nation but yet hasn't done anything due 8000 soldiers Artasyras marched to Alazones.

Nothing special had happened for a long time and everything seemed to be well. At 18th of July the diplomat of Bosporan kingdom walked in the palace.

Messenger of Bosporan Kingdom started over-proudly:

- I bring a message from mighty Kingdom of Bospora: Your aggressive actions around the black sea and hostility against Greek people have made our king do a hard decision: We'll declare a war against you, there is no other way to stop this madness. This palace and the rest of your capital will be burnt in a month!

Artasyras replied with quiet voice as his father had taught him:

- Count yourself lucky that you still carry a head over your shoulders. We won't be threatened by little nation as you, we will walk over your country and take it as we've done to others who have messed with us.
So go now, tell your king that if you want to fight we'll give you a chance.

Arasyras knew that Bosporan kingdom itself wasn't a threat, it just happened to have allied with the rest greek countries, including Seleucid Empire. So if Bosporians will call their allies to help Armenia would be at war with everything east of Scodra.

The peaceful life of Armenians ended to this message

4951934072_4672611e2f.jpg

Only the future will show does Artasyras face the war that even his great father feared and hoped that would never happen.

Excellent start and intresting read too :) Hope you will have successful campagin as Armenia, more updates please :)

I was just writing the update while you replied :D

Lol :) Another very nice update, gonna follow it, and hope it last long :)

Thankies for support :D and what comes to lasting long... it varies when Seleucids bring their messagers.. ;) Bloody updates coming probably :cool:

Part 3

Neck-deep in S**T
18th July 505 - 11th July 507

War against Bosporians begun with victorious battles in Tauricia. Later Artasyras noticed that Bithynia has joined the war too and had to send 1st Army to Pontus instead of taking Bosporan Kingdom with 2 armies. Something told that one army must be left to Seleucid border..

15 days after Bithynia had joined the war evil yellow blob started move armies towards Armenia too.

Very little is known what Artasyras did those crisis times but one of his councillors had written this to his diary:

"I had to go tell King that Seleucids had joined the war and our armies were outnumbered so badly that a few higher status men that were responsible of our armies reinforcing had left the country and fled to Carthage with trade ship. I knew that Artasyras wasn't very happy about what was happening and his popularity had took a hit again.

- My king I Have a message from the borders of Commagene.

- Screw you and Seleucids!! I don't want to hear a word about this crap! If you have heard something the go and do something for it damnit.

- Sir..

- WHAT DID I JUST SAY!? Now when you're here, bring the national ledger here! I want to take a look what were facing.
Okay, Seleucids don't have almost at all gold, their manpower is a one fourth of ours and their stability isn't near as good as ours.
Did you had something really important to say?

- Yes sir, the Seleucid armies have outran Commagene, Sophene and Gelae, their armies haven't suffered at all and Bithynias' army has took over Pontus.

- How's the Bosporan front?

- We're taking great victories, they have only one army of 6000 men.

- Great. Now go and find somewhere a general and tell him you're hired to army by me! I'll contact you if I need you.
- One thing sir, our researchers and military responsible people are fleeing to other countries because they think we'll be all burnt to dust.

- Leave. This. Palace. Now! I've got enough for one day."

Armenian people named the allied forces that were tearing Armenia apart "The alliance of doom" And very soon they noticed that it was way too slight expression. Every Greek cultured country except Egypt was at war with Armenia,
Bosporan Kingdom, Macedonia, Seleucid Empire, Bithynia, Aetolian League and Rhodes.

The Alliance of Doom
4956364387_02f6d81610_b.jpg

Artasyras' popularity was historically lowest of Armenian kings ever. He secluded into his palace alone drove everything else away. Later at the beginning of year 506 he heard the sounds of Seleucid and Bithynian armies besieging the city. Artasyras knew that he had led the Armenia to total destruction. He would go with it. He barred all doors and windows of the palace and waited for enemy armies to lit it on fire but by some god's blessing it never happened.

Artasyras' popularity at the middle of the war
4956441159_7bbcd0d225_z.jpg

Seleucids sent peace offer at may 506, Armenia would cede some provinces and pay Seleucids 96 gold, Artasyras didn't even pay attention to read the message, he threw it into fireplace and went back to sit next to it. He had been sitting next to the biggest fireplace of the palace for days. He hadn't eaten anything but he didn't felt the hungriness. All he had or felt was the hate. He hated himself because he wasn't able to do anything to rise the Armenia to victory in this war. He hated his own people who didn't care about him. He hated his enemies that summoned 10 000 men to replace every 100 fallen soldiers and who's generals outsmarted Armenian greatest generals with no problem. Most he hated that his own armies couldn't do anything to take back the lost provinces, genrals did assaults with 11 000 heavy infantry soldiers and managed to kill 200 people in the castles while losing half of their own men.

In the dark palace he shouted for the only person there was with him, his only friend and his loyal councillor:

- Bring the ledger here, I want to hear what's up with our enemies

- Yes sir, I'll go find him, he is probably still in the basement

The ledger arrived to king and bowed.

- What you want to hear sir?

- How are seleucids doing? their manpower should be well overused, they had 45 000 men in the first attack, now their armies size is over 100 000 men, inside our borders

- Seleucids have bit over 40 000 men still not serving in armies and their armies are in top condition.

Artasyras didn't bat an eyelid when he heard the news. He grabbed his sword from the ground and before ledger could even notice Artasyras slashed ledgers head off and let his corpse bleeding on the ground. Artasyras went back to sit next to the fireplace and had no clear things in his mind. He ripped off the King's cape and threw it to the fireplace.

- Who am I to lead the country here!? he screamed
- Gods take me now if you're going to do it someday! Take me and save the kingdom!
Artasyras screamed for hours, screamed and cried to gods, his ancestors, enemies and citizens. Hours later he fell to the ground unconscious.

Screaming didn't help, nor did people's prayers or peace offers to enemy countries. Alliance of Doom had completely took over the Armenia:

4956365131_edeef907dc_b.jpg

I actually made peace with Bosporan Kingdom, I had 89% warscore but they didn't accept anything else but white peace (damn allies) but Seleucids, Aetolian League, Macedonia and Bithynia are still raping whats left..

Quite ironic: I am now playing as your original arch-enemy, the Bosphorian Kingdom, and I had a simmilar situation, albeit in microscale.

Just tell me: how the heck can you have a positive stability with all those so-called "too good too be true" peace deals hitting you?

Well, good luck - I hope your excuse for a king kills himself in some spectacular way, as it seems only this can save your empire... :D

Quite ironic: I am now playing as your original arch-enemy, the Bosphorian Kingdom, and I had a simmilar situation, albeit in microscale.

Just tell me: how the heck can you have a positive stability with all those so-called "too good too be true" peace deals hitting you?

Well, good luck - I hope your excuse for a king kills himself in some spectacular way, as it seems only this can save your empire... :D

This is actually good question. I don't remember that I'd have stabbed the pig many times. I rised it to 3 and it seems to have stayed there :D and I don't know about peace deals.. I.. ermm.. I actually don't know what I should do if I want to keep my country alive :rofl:
The problem is that The Alliance Of Doom will come to take a good slice after the truce again.. So I have to hurry to expand enough to give them provinces again XD

Part 4

Rebuilding Armenia
9th August 508 - 28th July 512

Artsyras Orontid knew that the war would end somehow. Either the countries would make a deal or victorious countries decide to take everything they want without negotiating. Artasyras had to leave his palace first time in a year and go negotiate peace.
When he opened the heavy door of the palace and saw what was waiting outside, he fell on his knees and started crying. His capital was burnt ruin and nobody seemed to be alive. Artasyras staid still for a long time.

Bithynian patrol was checking city for personal loot. They weren't greek extremely disciplined after the battle, all around the city was Bithynian soldiers robbing everything they could carry to home. Soldier named Alexandros and his brother Mithridates were walking towards the palace. They decided to check if it's possible to break in the palace. Their generals had told that the palace must not be destroyed, it would work as a memorial after the war to show next generations how Bithynians had conquered Armenia. Nobody had spoken about robbing it so it was just a matter of time when first soldiers would try to rob it.

Mithridates saw Artasyras first. Stop or we'll kill you! This is Bithynian land now! If you're Armenian you should leave before you're all enslaved.
Artasyras couldn't care less about young soldiers' bluster. Where is your king? he asked. That's not your business scumbag! Alexandros answered. I'm the king of Armenia and I want to negotiate peace with your king! Two soldiers who don't have intelligence to rob houses before burn them won't slow me down. Either tell me where your king is or face my sword.
Young soldier brothers looked eachother. This man was serious, normally neither of the soldiers would have listened something like that but the tone of this kings voice made them think again. Okay, follow us Mithranes said.

King was lead to encampment where Bithynian, Seleucian and Macedonian kings were sitting and telling stories about their great victories during the war.
Artasyras wanted to puke when he heard those three kings' stories. Even best storytellers of Armenia couldn't overkill their victories and conquests as much as these three men did.
Alexandros and Mithridates brought Artasyras next to kings.
- Who is this guy? Seleucian Basileus Mithridates asked
- He says he's the Armenian king. Alexandros answered.
- Well well.. We finally meet face to face. How are your citizens? Do they still worship you and think you'll save them? Do you know what happened in Commagene in the first siege? Your brave warriors ran out of the town and surrendered before we even really started the siege. Your citizens are cowards! Seleucid king said and continued
You know what happened after we took over the city full of cowards?
We treated them like the cowards deserved!
Seleucid king shouted.
Two nights my generals let soldiers satisfy themselves! Every woman were crying after those nights! Every coward man was either dead or enslaved to take care of armies' needs.

Artasyras wanted to puke again. His citizens were raped, killed, enslaved or captured by all enemies. He knew that Greek were known about good behavior but the truth was different. Even Rhoxolanian barbarian chief who's lands were conquered a few years ago was more of a man than any of these.

- I want to negotiate about peace Artasyras said. I think you've been waiting for this.
- Ah.. yea, well you know you're more than screwed at the moment so we'll demand provinces and money.
- I understand. Armenia will cede Pontus to Bithynia, Trapezus to Macedonia, Sarmatia and Alazones to Aetolian League and Uti, Legae and Alans to Seleucid Empire. We'll pay 60 gold to alliance leader Seleucids.
- Sounds reasonable. What do you think?
- I accept the deal
Bithynia's Basileus
- I accept too. We'll tell Aetolian League's Dorimachus that the deal was made. said Macedonian King.

Peace deal for The Alliance Of Doom
4959752276_8102cabfae.jpg

Now was the time to rebuild dead, burnt, raped and defiled Armenian Kingdom.
Mithranes had a lot of work to do. His popularity had dropped even lower, nobody in Armenia thought he was good enough king. He was alone.

4959752330_b319ccca83_z.jpg

Artasyras started building Irrigations to several provinces. Tax income was surprisingly high after the war so it helped building province upgrades. Artasyras built another army, his first and second armies had been completely destroyed in the war and his only army was in Rhoxolani. At the end of the war barbarian tribe from Zinchi had risen and took over Coraxi. Mithranes had offered them to became client which they accepted. Now mithranes decided it was time to take the province back. He named himself a general to the first army. Artasyras didn't know a lot about warfare but everyone else seemed to be disloyal so he thought it's better to go to battlefield yourself instead risking civil war. At December 509 declaration of war was sent to horde in Coraxi.
After 199 days of siege Coraxi surrendered. The tribe didn't have army so the war wasn't long.

Artasyras' popularity started growing. His rivals' smear campaigns had backfired and people started to trust in Artasyras.

For a year Artasyras travelled around his kingdom and checked where the destruction was worst. At 26th April 512 he decided that Armenian kingdom will expand again. His father had multiplied Armenia's size, during Artasyras' reign Armenia had just became smaller.

Artasyras declared war against Daci and boarded ships with his army. He managed to arrive Daci, win one battle where 1000 Dacians and 17 Armenians were killed. Then 28 July a messenger found him and brought a letter:

4959651509_4c2f5ac87a.jpg

Artasyras couldn't find a word to explain what he was thinking. Go! Go to nearest unblocked Armenian port and take a ship somewhere. Save yourself. Artasyras gave a few gold coins to messenger and went to his tent. There he broke down and started crying. His kingdom was probably already burnt, raped and enslaved. His messenger had brought the message trough barbarian lands to the opposite side of black sea. Alliance of Doom wouldn't have waited that long.

Three days Artasyras laid in his tent praying gods to help him. He didn't come out even once during the days and didn't ate anything. Fourth day he had made his decision.

Soldiers! I have a message. Our great kingdom is at war again. The Alliance of Doom has broken the truce and shamelessly declared war on us. We can't help our brothers in the mainland but we can take these provinces. So pray the prophet Zoroaster to help us in these sieges. Pray the gods to help our brothers when the barbarian greeks come and burn their homes. I know how we can end this war soon but we need to take these provinces first. Now fight. Fight for your families who are suffering because those dirty greek dogs!

~~~~~~

Armenian Kingdom after the first war with Alliance of Doom
4959075287_e2019aee27_b.jpg

You could have escaped the war with less lands lost... run you fool!

Well maybe but Uti, Legae and Alans were just pain in the ass. Colonised provinces that had more barbarians and revolt risk than civilized people. Rhoxolanian provinces same. Well.. peace deal is done and I'm actually thinking about starting to play as Aetolian League.. Greeks are so much easier :p Anyway, I'll play this campaign to end, to the annexation or to year 7XX.

The Greeks sure aren't giving you any easy time.

Sorry to have kept you waiting, EU3 dragged me away for a moment... I will update this week or next week depending how much school work I need to do..

little sneak peek, the waited civil war is coming as every government member is voting himself to be next king, The Alliance of Doom are having orgy at my corpse and whole nation is pretty much collapsing.. Craziness, paranoia and depression are taking command in our brave hero Artasyras' brains...
So, everything is at excellent state for good dramAAR :D

EDIT 14. oct. Started writing, Update should be here in half an hour :D

Last edited:
Prologue​

Artasyras Orontid knew that his father couldn't have controlled the war any better than him. These wars were payback from his father's actions. Artasyras wasn't angry, when he was just a child he wondered why and how nobody argued his fathers actions. Now he realized that when his father had conquered nations around the black sea his enemies weren't ready for conflict but they were shocked about Armenia's actions. It took 30 years for greek to build armies to face Armenia, Mithranes' reign didn't last so long so Artasyras had to face the hell on earth.

part 4

Neck-deep in S**T part 2
29th July 512 - 1st November 514

5081628024_34f7db1fa6.jpg

Seleucids joined the war at 7th February 513 and the hope was pretty much lost in the Armenia. Artasyras had a plan for the future, he would abuse Seleucid power at the wars against other Greeks. Armenian kingdom was still surprisingly rich. Irrigations and trade brought a lot of money from the provinces that weren't occupied and as the armies kept dying the maintenance lowered. Artasyras would start paying tribute to Seleucids to stop them joining the wars and eventually ally them if the relations would get high enough. But there was one problem. Armenia was too rich so they would have to pay a lot of monthly tribute. Someone suggested Artasyras to use money in diplomacy and so he decided to send a gift to Egypt, only greek nation that wasn't at war with them. In two months Artasyras sent 80 gold to egypt and managed to make relations between them neutral. Now it was time to show empty pockets to enemies and ask for a small tribute.

Seleucids were quickly paid off the war.
5081628068_c80e8b798d.jpg

First rays of sunshine had risen in the morning of Moesi and with sun came first glad shouts of Armenian army since war against Rhoxolani. "For glory! We have conquered! Dacia has fallen and we control now both Moesi and Suci!"
"Great job men"
, said Artasyras. We have done what we must to stay alive in these dark days. My heart tells me that we shouldn't completely annex Dacia but there is no other option if we want to stand against greek barbarians.

Dacia was annexed and Artasyras started marching towards Macedonia with his army. His plan was to sneak behind the enemies who were occupying Armenian provinces but the plan was doomed because Macedonian king had lost some of his ships in the last war and was unable to transport his armies to Armenia.

Artasyras didn't face any Macedonian forces and almost like Hannibal would do against Rome in the future, he rampaged trough Dardania, Paeonia and Meadi. His army's morale was high and everything seemed to be fine. Except home land. Only way Artasyras could march his army back to Armenia was via Rhoxolani and several barbarian lands.

At 20th March everything changed.

"Sir! Our scout has seen Macedonian army of approximately 25 units is marching towards us. They will be here in a few hours if they keep marching."
"Thanks for info. Go and rest for a moment, we may need you in the battle." replied Artasyras.
Artasyras blew in his horn and the whole encampment started swarming. Soon all 11 units were in condition for battle and standing in line next to Artasyras.

Men! We will soon face an army of Macedonians. They have advantage in men but they will have penalty for fighting in terrain like this. We have made it this far, we will make it to Macedonian capital!! Show no mercy to the enemies, they haven't shown any to your family members in mainland! We must won this battle, the turning point of the war is near and it must not turn against us!!!"

The battle begun and Armenian army noticed that Macedonians had way better general than they, Artasyras' defense started to break and army's morale was suffering. Artasyras saw this and knew that something must be done. He decided to do the most gambling thing the general can do, he scared his horse to so it bolt and he turned it to a great charge trough his army to the enemy lines. While he rushed trough his army his great war cry was heard all over the battle: For the freedom of Armenia!!! If I die now, you know what to fight for!!
Artasyras charged into the enemy army and killed many macedonian soldiers. Someone hit his horse, horse's left hind leg was cutten to two pieces and it fell, Artasyras fell on earth and greek soldiers rushed over him. Last thing he noticed was the pain when greek cavalry leader's horse stepped on his arm and it break. Then everything faded to black. Artasyras never knew that death could be so pleasant.

Armenian soldiers saw his king dying and started furious charge. Greek phanalax's and horses managed to turn the charge into their benefit and surrounded whole Armenian army. A moment later there were no single Armenian soldier alive. The great turning point of the war had happened. Against Armenia.

5081034767_6be7f789aa.jpg

Artasyras woke up from the death. He was slaying in the mud with no idea where he was. After a moment of looking around he remembered that here was fought a great battle. Thousands of bodies were laying on the ground, Artasyras noticed that they are Armenian soldiers. He didn't start counting them, he didn't start looking for his died friends. Artasyras had no idea is his army, or actually the remains of it alive somewhere. On the ground were a lot of Armenian soldiers but really few Macedonian. Artasyras could only hope that greek had took the most of their fallen soldiers with them and buried them somewhere, these couldn't be only fallen Macedonians!

Artasyras felt difference in his mind, before the battle he was drowning in his sorrow, now only feeling he had was crazy hate and will to make these greek pay.
When the life feels too hard to carry on you want to end it, at the same time sword is too heavy to be picked up from the ground to break the chains of life. It's like when unstoppable force hits immovable object. There is no solution, it drives man crazy. And Artasyras definately was getting crazy, he was all alone in the enemy country with no idea where to go.

After wandering around Paeonian countryside he finally found the town, still in bad shape after Armenian siege but not burnt to ground. Armenians never burnt occupied provinces and rather rarely totally looted them because there is no use for a burnt city after the war. Artasyras found one of the holes in the wall there had became during the siege and sneaked in. Macedonians hadn't removed the armenian flag from the top of the temple which was a good sign and a bad sign, Macedonians hadn't been there yet but they would come as soon as possible.

After 3 days of playing beggar in Paeonia Artasyras had collected enough food for a journey to Maedi. Artasyras decided to try to get a boat or sneak into a trade ship to get back to home. In Maedi he met Macedonian army. Artasyras managed to sneak by Macedonian army but he knew that there was very little time before someone would realize who was the heavily bearded, broken handed and bloody beggar.

Where are you going next sir? Artasyras asked trade ship captain
To Alazones, Aetolian League, why? And who the heck are you? Captain answered
I'm homeless from Peaonia, Armenians occupied the town, I managed to escape but my arm was broken when they stormed in the town and we fought back.
Okay, well, maybe I can take you with me. Why does your pronouncing sound so weird? It doesn't sound so clean as people's usually..
Artasyras noticed that he was soon screved. His only ace was that he had learnt to talk Greek from Pontus' king Mithridates when he joined Armenia.
My head was hit and my mouth is in pretty bad shape, that's why my pronouncing is what it is. Could we now just set ship to sail?

Captain agreed and they started their voyage to Alazones. For the most of a voyage Artasyras didn't say anything but when they arrived to Alazones he was forced to talk, Alazones was under siege by two Armenian units that were left from unsuccesful battles in Bospora.
We can't dock in here, they'll kill us! We must go to Tauricia of Bosporan Kingdom.
You can tell me that I'm crazy but I want here. These Armenians won't kill me. I'm sure of it. Go to dock for a moment to leave me there and then go wherever you please.
You are crazy. You are definately crazy. There is no reason why those barbarians wouldn't kill you!
Maybe I wanna die! Maybe I wanna get away from this hell on earth! Now turn this ship towards the dock or I'll do it myself! Artasyras didn't sound like a beggar anymore, he was a king again and one pesky trade captain wouldn't slow him down.

Captain docked for a moment and Artasyras jumped off the ship. Thanks for the transport! You saved my life. Artasyras said and captain left the dock with the ship. Just a moment after that three Armenian soldiers walked towards Artasyras.

Who are you and what do you want from here? This is Armenian province now! One of the soldiers said.
Oh boy, you haven't seen enough of warfare if you tell me that this is Armenian province now, I have built these forts, I have raised these temples towards the skies and gods, I have been here and watched it all grow. I have been here watching it all collapse to Aetolians and now I see you reclaiming it back to us. Soldiers, I am the king of Armenia, Artasyras Orontid, I have came from Dacia and Macedonia. Bring me to your general, I'll tell him the news.
You don't look a bit like Artasyras! Prove your highness somehow! One of the soldiers said and stepped towards Artasyras. I am captain Xerxes, in command of the Rhoxolani's second heavy-infatry unit.
Look at me for a moment, I have climbed back from the death after losing a battle and my whole army. I managed to scramble from the middle of Macedonia to here. If some Armenian has a reason to do it instead of giving up who is that one if it isn't the king of Armenia? Artasyras replied If you have balls to do it, slay me as a greek. Listen to your heart, it's saying I don't lie, that's why you can't kill me.
This is crazy Xerxes answered It may be true but it has no sense... Welcome home king!

Artasyras and captain Xerxes talked trough the night about the war and what has happened in every province. At the morning they saw a messenger from Aetolian League coming.

I bring a peace offer from Aetolian League. Is here someone who can deliver it to your king? The messenger asked.
I am the king. By the love of the gods I am here. Artasyras answered.

Artasyras looked at the peace offer. Either Aetolians didn't knew how bad position Armenians were or they wanted to show mercy. I can't do anything else but accept this offer. It is great. Much better than I expected from you. Tell your consul that we deeply apprecciate this offer and gladly accept it.

5081628288_70f375f675.jpg

Aetolian League was the leader of Alliance of Doom and the war ended. Artasyras had won two provinces in Daci but lost his only province where is wood for building ships, Phasis.

After Artasyras arrived at Armenian capital he wanted to take a look at the court:

5081628376_4ae2013958.jpg

four men of nine in court wanted themselves to became king after Artasyras dies. Next legal heir would be Artasyras' brother with same name.
The future will show do these four men have the power to question Orontid family's rule as the royal family and rise to the throne by their own actions.

Artasyras wanted also to take a look at the prison where his rival were kept. He only found 3 men that weren't jailed for their crimes. Artasyras noticed a bearded old man lying in his cell, Apsyrtos Galatid. He was Rhoxolani's chief when Armenia annexed it. Apsyrtos was jailed and literally forgotten to jail.
How old are you? Artasyras asked
Almost as old as your father... I heard stories about him when I was waiting to became chief. Old man answered and coughed several times.
As the king of Armenia, I want to free you for your last days.. I've seen your eyes now, they're full of hopelessness. I'll see those eyes in my nightmares if I won't do something. You were a chief of Rhoxolani, you will be shipped to the province of Rhoxolani where you can life for the rest of your life if you want.
Apsyrtos started coughing hard. Thank you. But my day has came now... he managed to say and kept coughing.
Guards! Artasyras shouted
Yes my king? Young prison guard answered
Does this prisoner suffer some kind of a lung disease? Artasyras asked
He has been coughing very much lately.. We don't know sir
Coughing stopped and Apsyrtos fell laying in his cell floor. One more ghost was added to Artasyras' nightmares.

Apsyrtos Galatid:
5081034955_2436b5bb06_z.jpg

Last edited: