• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Taitos

Recruit
30 Badges
Nov 17, 2021
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
Dear All,

Just been playing the new, post Herbert game, and came across the updated work with traits for the first time, in that I am unable to spread desirable traits across an entire species. Things such as Tomb World habitability, psionic, brainslug, cyborg etc. are all locked from editing, spreadable only by breeding (or, in my case, by a filthy setup with two necrophage empires - one hive and one normal- allowing me to selectively breed pops with the traits I want).

On the one hand, I get this change- I suspect I would be rather cagey about the government demanding to attach a slug to my spinal cord- but by entirely locking the ability to do such things behind a solid 'can't do' barrier, I feel that a major aspect of the game has now been crippled, and that a number of other issues have become apparent that weren't before. For me, in my most recent game this was assimilation, which randomly left a few pops permanently assimilating on every planet. This amounted to almost a quarter of my population at the time, so I had to console my way out of the problem, whereas pre-patch I would simply have biologically upgraded the remaining pops out of their assimilating template. Further, it has made the major, major issues with the randomness of some of these traits very apparent, as the only way to mitigate them has now been removed.

I feel like this would all be mitigatable by simply walling it behind an ethic/policy combo instead of just carving it out of the game entirely- maybe all non-egalitarian empires can have unlimited habitability modification (to tomb worlds and the like), while only fanatic authoritarian empires (or gestalts) can do things like enforce the implantation of brainslugs or selectively breed desired traits. This would allow the player to still have the option to manage such things, while at the same time being more internally reasonable than the pre-3.2 system.

Reactions:
I had a glitch where my Species lost the latent psionic trait and now I can't add it back.

This happen on Ironman so no fixing that for me...

Reactions: