• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Frontenac

Captain
58 Badges
May 1, 2004
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Rome Gold
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
Bigamous king

My king currently is married to two women, who both appear as wifes in the display. Even more suprising, they each brought me a separate "marriage aid" or whatever this cash making event is called.

This occurred under v 1.04 when the king of Scotland asked several women for marriage in the same time. Two answered "yes" the exact same day, leading to the buggy situation described above.

Not sure if it's been reported, but it's definitely a bug.

Upvote 0
And you can't use the csc conditions to check to see if your spouse's spouse isn't you? Your "first" wife will see that her spouse's spouse is indeed her and be okay, but your second (living) wife should suddenly discover that her spouse's spouse is some other (also living) dame, and kill herself in consternation? Or fire an event to force the bigamist to choose between them?

I only experienced this when my wife ended up also married to some dork in England, and he was getting her pregnant when I needed sons, darn it! The concerns are 1. processing power, and 2. seems a bit dramatic to kill off extra wives/husbands, when the "proper" response is to make them available to marry someone else.

Heck, I'd even give it a fair MTTH, and give it modifiers based off of intrigue-affecting traits, etc. But I'm crazy.

If it's possible at all (I'm *trying* to understand event_effects.txt, but not succeeding), I'd prolly write it as two sets of events, split for men and women. If a woman discovers her spouse's spouse isn't her, then he's a polygamist and it fires an event to force the man choose between wives, killing the other one(s). If a man discovers that his spouse's spouse isn't him, then she's a polyandrist and dies on the spot -- both men have to remarry. Not ideal, but doesn't destroy any bloodlines (although it could seriously upset a claim if that's what you were shooting for -- but at least it upsets it for both you and the other husband)

Edit: More research... Bigamy should be pretty easy to spot. If your spouse's spouse is pregnant and you are not, or if you are pregnant but your spouse's spouse is not... he's a bigamist and something needs to be done. How likely is it for two wives to continually lock pregnancies between event-condition checks? Won't catch it immediately, but should before serious damage is done... maybe one or two extra kids at most.

Biandry is harder. You could always check if your spouse's spouse has a trait you don't have, or vice versa, but that's a lot of events to test for a rarely occuring convergence of events and could be fooled by the even-more-rare occurrence of two men with all the same traits latching onto the same woman.

Bah, it's starting to sound like a lot of work for a minor bug. No wonder it's such a hush hush topic.

Last edited:
yahoo said:
Why to be limited to 2 wives. Once I had 4 wives. Unfortunately they gave me only 1 son and !24! daughters. :)
That's awesome.

Not big on monogamy ...

... still i was thinking that if there would be possible to limit any diplomatic action to just one at the time ... so once you have proposed anyone (or requested fostering or anythin else) ... you have to wait for the answer before being able to send another one ... i'm just wandering if it's doable not that im too keen it to be done ... and even then there is possible (but with even less possibility) for women to have too husbands ...
... and this thread have inspired me to mass-send proposals in my next game cuz i'm usually desperate for heirs ... and by "usually" i mean always ...
... in desperation i even rewrote those bastard events so it would be easier to get them for human players and quicker to lose their bastard trait for father condition not value ai ... :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.