• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Frontenac

Captain
58 Badges
May 1, 2004
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Rome Gold
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
Bigamous king

My king currently is married to two women, who both appear as wifes in the display. Even more suprising, they each brought me a separate "marriage aid" or whatever this cash making event is called.

This occurred under v 1.04 when the king of Scotland asked several women for marriage in the same time. Two answered "yes" the exact same day, leading to the buggy situation described above.

Not sure if it's been reported, but it's definitely a bug.

Upvote 0
This has been reported, many times even I bet. And the answer so far always received has been "There is nothing that can be done, if they answer the proposal on same day".

Can somebody pin this? This has been stated about 20+ times, and it's starting to get tedious. It seems barely anybody reads the bug list.

So basically, it's been reported many times before and labelled won't fix.

Sorry for the respost. Yup, I read the bug list some time ago but it's getting long and I don't remember it all - and reading it each time gets tedious, too... Perhaps you should post a shortlist of most over reported bugs.

Frontenac said:
Sorry for the respost. Yup, I read the bug list some time ago but it's getting long and I don't remember it all - and reading it each time gets tedious, too... Perhaps you should post a shortlist of most over reported bugs.
That's a good idea. Or maybe all the bugs could be edited onto one post, so you can easily do a search on it.

Mad King James said:
This IS fixable, just code it so people who are already married to someone who is still alive can't marry again.
The bug is when two proposals are accepted on the same day. It's been argued many times that this bug is fixable easily, but for whatever reason, Johan doesn't want it done.

This is not easily fixable. To do so would require a complete rewrite of very large sections of code for all AI process handling, plus disabling multiplayer mode, plus would result in massive reduction in game play speed (when I say massive I mean that it would take many seconds to process each day)...or a complete code rewrite and a shift to turn-based play with a turn-resolution phase processing delay. For its rarity, the extremely rare error/bug of this type is deemed an acceptible compromise.

Further note: this is not gender-specific so it is equally as possible for a female to have 2 husbands as it is for a male to have two wives.

Why to fix it? It is cool to have more than one wife... :D And what a complication for heir rules ;) It is one of things which cause the game becomes more variegated...

pithorr said:
Why to fix it? It is cool to have more than one wife... :D And what a complication for heir rules ;) It is one of things which cause the game becomes more variegated...

Why to be limited to 2 wives. Once I had 4 wives. Unfortunately they gave me only 1 son and !24! daughters. :)

playing with june 3rd patch, as king of navarra, i noticed the count of albret has two wives.
thing is, he has a 20 year old son with one of them and a newly born daughter with the other.
its 1069, so i guess he either started married with both of them or something went wrong in the middle.
i did edited the save, to change my character's culture and stats, and gold, and some of my siblings culture too, so it could be that I messed things up, but i'm quite sure (but not completely) i only changed culture for characters other than me, and only with the NAVA tag.

:rofl: I don't remember exactely who, but in my game as Toulouse dinasty, i got a Duke married twice.... but exactely with the same Lady :rofl:

Grosshaus said:
So what is his status when starting the scenario unmodded?
thought i might have messed with the deathdate of the first wife, so i started a clean game as him, and he has only the first wife, the mother of the 20 year old, only 3 years younger
i think marriages arent "stored" in the character = {} part, so i cant imagine how i changed it

UPDATE: just started a clean new game as count of albret (1066), and i'm able to not only find myself a new wife , but my wife a new husband.
the only game file i ever edited was the dinasties one, and there i only changed the name string, and i've reverted it to the original anyway.
all other editing has been done on save files, at least that i'm aware of.
thanks

Last edited:
Mr. J.

I have not been able to reproduce these effects with 6/3/Beta on 1066 Scen. I have tried. Suggest something's up with renaming your file and how this effects ability to test for conditions in the triggers.

Mr. Josiman said:
thought i might have messed with the deathdate of the first wife, so i started a clean game as him, and he has only the first wife, the mother of the 20 year old, only 3 years younger
i think marriages arent "stored" in the character = {} part, so i cant imagine how i changed it

UPDATE: just started a clean new game as count of albret (1066), and i'm able to not only find myself a new wife , but my wife a new husband.
the only game file i ever edited was the dinasties one, and there i only changed the name string, and i've reverted it to the original anyway.
all other editing has been done on save files, at least that i'm aware of.
thanks

I´m quite sure something got messed up when you started to modify files, at least something always gets messed up when I try to modify my files:) If this bothers you, you should do a clean install of the whole game and the patches.

In 1066 scenario, completely unmodded, Guillaume d'Albret is married to Amauvine de Gascogne, and has a son by her. However, you can still marry her, and have children by her. So there is some minor bug about their marriage.

Question: Do marriages ended before the scenario start still show up in the "Spouses" box?

Status
Not open for further replies.