• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
While Lithuania considered that it has two good friends - Germany and USSR and one great enemy - Poland.
Uhh no. Lithuania considered All of them to be enemies and threats but they hated Poland the most. Until Hitler came to power in germany we did actually consider germany as a friendly state but after that they started giving us ultimatums like giving up Klaipeda (Memel) they didn't even invite us to the olympic games. Ussr was considered a major threat to our independance but we still had trade with them. And we hated Poland the most because they took Vilnius (Wilno), Grodno and suwalki and above that they tried to annex us and they would have done that if it wasn't for the french and british who made them stop the polish-lithuanian war

vidmizz, Lithuania openly flirted with both USSR and Germany, exactly because both of them hated Poland. I can not give you the source (have forgotten it, but finding it shouldn't be a problem), but Smetona even didn't really hide that he got material support from Soviet embassy, because, Soviet Union, after all, hated Poland.

Uhh no. Lithuania considered All of them to be enemies and threats but they hated Poland the most. Until Hitler came to power in germany we did actually consider germany as a friendly state but after that they started giving us ultimatums like giving up Klaipeda (Memel) they didn't even invite us to the olympic games. Ussr was considered a major threat to our independance but we still had trade with them. And we hated Poland the most because they took Vilnius (Wilno), Grodno and suwalki and above that they tried to annex us and they would have done that if it wasn't for the french and british who made them stop the polish-lithuanian war
A sad, sad, story indeed :(, but it is good to know you guys are ok now. :)

vidmizz, Lithuania openly flirted with both USSR and Germany, exactly because both of them hated Poland. I can not give you the source (have forgotten it, but finding it shouldn't be a problem), but Smetona even didn't really hide that he got material support from Soviet embassy, because, Soviet Union, after all, hated Poland.
Funny for me to reply one year later :D Germany, yes we cooperated with them. Even our soldiers looked just like the Wehrmacht. But the soviet union no, whatever you read is false. How could we have got support from the Soviet embassy if we imprisoned and executed communists? I only know that the soviet embassy gave support for those particular communist lithuanians