• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
While Estonia should have 50% chance of asking Germany first and 50% chance of asking Allies first, Latvia should have only 10-20% chance of asking Germany first. Really, contrary to Estonia, Latvia considered that it has two enemies - Germany and USSR. Estonia considered that it has only one potential enemy - USSR. While Lithuania considered that it has two good friends - Germany and USSR and one great enemy - Poland.
I do see Lithuania attacking Poland if the M-R pact never comes to life.

Would you plan to expand your mod to include all the Baltics?

Good day Sephy,

Some time ago i made a small Latvia modification, so, if You would like, please use the modified files.
This mode was done in Latvian (Latviski ) and on HoI 2 WIF, however some graphic files could be useful
here is link;
http://www.mediafire.com/?ujyyklzitl2
an here are some pics;
latvijastech.jpg

lvaarmija.jpg

[video]http://i681.photobucket.com/albums/vv173/andzs_2009/rigassargi.jpg[/video]

Ok thanks, some event templates and images are indeed useful. But i personally think that Latvia in your mod is much too strong, so i will mostly carry one with my one :happy:

Im done with historical minister changes and working currently on historical events of Latvia annexation :) Are there are any Lithuanians/estionians who would like to help me with info about their countries :unsure:

Well, as an Estonian who loves Darkest Hour, I guess I have no other choice than to agree and help you :)

To be honest, I have always hoped that someone would modify the Baltic states as at the moment I have no interest to play with them (not because they have 0,01% chance of surviving the WWII, but more cause the lack of both historical and ahistoric events).

For example, Estonia has no fleet ... That's historically inaccurate. For example, in 1934 Estonia ordered 2 submarines from United Kingdom (Most of the money came from the national fundraising (locals were giving money) project to buy the ships). Both Kalev and Lembit were finished in 1936 and reached Estonia in 1937. They were rather similar to British submarines, but due to some differences (as they were individual projects), they were caled Kalev Class.

About the Finnish, Estonian, Latvian, Lithuanian and Polish alliance, it was considered by Estonian Goverment. Especially Estonian, Latvian, Lithuanian alliance. Now being realistic, an alliance of Estonia, Latvia, Lithuani, Poland and Finland would actually be able to wield quite a big army in terms of numbers and both Germany and USSR would have to consider their actions a bit more.

In reality, many Estonians fought in the Winter War, supporting the Finnish. They returned to Estonia after Finnish victory and most of them became rebels (forest brothers).

Well, as an Estonian who loves Darkest Hour, I guess I have no other choice than to agree and help you :)

To be honest, I have always hoped that someone would modify the Baltic states as at the moment I have no interest to play with them (not because they have 0,01% chance of surviving the WWII, but more cause the lack of both historical and ahistoric events).

For example, Estonia has no fleet ... That's historically inaccurate. For example, in 1934 Estonia ordered 2 submarines from United Kingdom (Most of the money came from the national fundraising (locals were giving money) project to buy the ships). Both Kalev and Lembit were finished in 1936 and reached Estonia in 1937. They were rather similar to British submarines, but due to some differences (as they were individual projects), they were caled Kalev Class.

About the Finnish, Estonian, Latvian, Lithuanian and Polish alliance, it was considered by Estonian Goverment. Especially Estonian, Latvian, Lithuanian alliance. Now being realistic, an alliance of Estonia, Latvia, Lithuani, Poland and Finland would actually be able to wield quite a big army in terms of numbers and both Germany and USSR would have to consider their actions a bit more.

In reality, many Estonians fought in the Winter War, supporting the Finnish. They returned to Estonia after Finnish victory and most of them became rebels (forest brothers).

Oki, then i give you pm when im finished with Latvia(most probably next week).

need little help! im done with historical annex Latvia, but its looks very strange that Su annex ai Estonia and Lithuania in September(and most probably ai Latvia too :glare:). I cant find where is annexion event for those two located :mad: . Can anyone give some point?

I think it has to do with the Baltics AI having wrong numbers for the command "Demand land", so, if SU asks, they usually say "yes".

All in all, I really dislike this diplomatic action "Demand land", since historically, in most cases, the diplomatic action always was: "Give us the land...or else!"..which usually leads to war. So "Demand land" really should be an ultimatum, not just a nice "hi guys, interested in giving us your land? yes? no? oh, ok"

Ohh i see its really an issue :huh:

edit:in that case MR wont give cores on Baltic states anymore so they cant demand territory from ai :laugh:

Last edited:
Well, MR anyway shouldn't give cores. Baltics became Soviet cores in 50s-60s, with the help of direct policy of population transfer and mass terror. I already talked about this in DH development forum few times many months ago and gave a fixed MR event file (with cores changed to claims), its unfortunate that it still is as it was in Hoi1 (hm, unless my memory fails me), after all these years.

Sveiki! Velu veiksmi projekta izstrade un ceru, ka pec tam tas tik pievienots jaunajaa modifikacijaa, jo tik tiesam, Baltijas jautajuma izspele nav izstradata pietiekosi interesanti speletajam!

To ajdzh: you cannot speak here Latvian even if its Latvia mod tread :laugh:
Anyway Latvian event are pretty much finished and tested working fine, but i want to do at least Estonia/Lithuania annex events for next version realize. For Latvian event i have few more ideas(for im first finishing historical perspective, for now there are little a-historical possibilities) like Latvia army incorporation in Red army(only navy goes automatically), Leaders/minister purge by communists(+ few generals who continued serve to Red army enabled), some little economic events(like building Keguma HES and rapid GPD grow) and such.

Make sure to include destroyers Vambola and Kalev for Estonia in 1933 scenario. And maybe the option for either historical sale of the 2 destroyers to Peru or keeping them.

Wouldn't two destroyers just be one understrenght flotilla?
Have you guys thought of an expanded Baltic alliance that could include Sweden? I realize this is grossly ahistorical but it could be fun :p

Some Latvian aircraft tech teams in the 1936-64 period from previous work.

Herberts Cukurs

2qd0jgx.jpg

Herberts Runka

4ue6ok.jpg

Imants Sleiters

11rqg3n.jpg

John Akerman

fcpfh1.jpg

Liepajas Kara Ostas Drabnicas

zn50ed.jpg

Rigas Autobusu Fabrika

66agpz.jpg

VEF

ngovme.jpg

Wouldn't two destroyers just be one understrenght flotilla?
Have you guys thought of an expanded Baltic alliance that could include Sweden? I realize this is grossly ahistorical but it could be fun :p

Well, if there would have been an actual Baltic military alliance from Poland to Finland (with or without Lithuania), I'm quite sure Sweden would have been very, very interested in joining such an alliance in case of the likely Soviet attack*. However, then there's also the question of Soviet foreign policy. If Soviets and Nazi Germany would have failed to stop the formation of such an alliance, then attack on these new states probably would have looked differently. Or at least, it would lead to different consequences. Germany and Soviet union would probably attack such an alliance together at the same time, not with two weeks delay as with real life Poland. However, the belligerence that Soviet Union would have gained by attacking so many countries at once together with Germany would delay or stop any kind of future lend-lease. Which would actually mean that Cold War would have much higher chance of going hot already in 1945-1946..
Well, thats me going sideways from Sweden :D.

* They already were tempted to join on the side of Finland during the Winter war. With Baltic alliance Sweden would actually see that Baltic alliance have some chance of surviving such a war. Although, since Sweden even in such a scenario wouldn't dare of provoking and going to war against Germany, then maybe these things even each other out..

P.S. Hm, then there's also the question of could the Soviet Union actually successfully attack an enlarged Baltic alliance and win in 1939/1940. Together with Germany - sure, but separately - I doubt it.

Last edited:
I don't see how they could attack seperately, since Poland is part of the alliance (if it has any chance) and therefore Germany + SU will attack. Perhaps a strong baltic could stop the M-R pact, or maybe a different one?