• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
From everything we've been told about Bloodlines2 is that it's still in development, it was getting to the end stages with HardSuit Labs, but they were pulled by Paradox and another un-named developer has taken over. They're apparently pleased with the new developer, but they won't tell us who it is as they don't want the fans to bombard the new devs with questions and suggestions. So that's all we know.
That’s all I know too… that and Bloodlines2 is one of the rare games I purchased at first blush and watched as it fell away into what I can only describe as Development Hell.

I also wonder every Fortnight or so, if it isn’t Harebrained Schemes ghostwriting Bloodlines2. As some of us clearly recall, Team HBS did post a job notice for game dev professionals, experienced in the Gothic Horror genre. : )

All I know for a #DevlinStoneColdCertainty (https://www.sarna.net/wiki/Devlin_Stone) is that Mitch and Team HBS would develop one helluva Bloodlines game! :bow:

All I know for a #DevlinStoneColdCertainty (https://www.sarna.net/wiki/Devlin_Stone) is that Mitch and Team HBS would develop one helluva Bloodlines game! :bow:

Given all the mystery around the good Stone (or evil one)... I'm not sure he's a good watermark for certainty. Why not "as sure as Capellans can be screwed over" or "as sure as purple birds do Civil Wars"?

Given all the mystery around the good Stone (or evil one)... I'm not sure he's a good watermark for certainty. Why not "as sure as Capellans can be screwed over" or "as sure as purple birds do Civil Wars"?
It's a BT-rift off of the Terran Elemental, Steve Austin of "Stone Cold" fame...

It's a BT-rift off of the Terran Elemental, Steve Austin of "Stone Cold" fame...

I hear they still tell stories of that man, even in the years after the Battle of Terra finished. And his one-man assault on a market somewhere in the pursuit of a rival who 'needed schooling'...

• 1Like
Reactions:
Here's a thing...

Photo-Elementals.png

I'm actually glad Catalyst realized the Elemental battle armor needed to come in Stars. I'm sad that I need two more, minimum, for... reasons.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Here's a thing...

View attachment 806075

I'm actually glad Catalyst realized the Elemental battle armor needed to come in Stars. I'm sad that I need two more, minimum, for... reasons.
Two more boxes of Elementals? Or two more Elemental figures?

Two more boxes of Elementals? Or two more Elemental figures?

Boxes, which equate to two more Stars. (Clan Invasion came with two Points, but that's... not really how the Clans organize their assets :) )

Friend: "So would an Awesome be better as a queen or a king?"
Me: "Rook. The queen would be an Atlas, the king would be a Cyclops, the Shadow Hawk as a knight, Archer as a bishop, and the pawns would be Commandos."

• 1Like
Reactions:
Fair choice!

Hmm… Urbies as Pawns, Annihilator as King, Atlas as Queen, Awesomes as Rooks, Victors as Knights, BattleMasters as Bishops.

Alternately, Warhawk as King, Dire Wolf as Queen, Timberwolf as Rooks, Gargoyles as Knights, Mad Dogs as Bishops and Novas as Pawns.

: )

Hmm… Urbies as Pawns, Annihilator as King, Atlas as Queen, Awesomes as Rooks, Victors as Knights, BattleMasters as Bishops.

Alternately, Warhawk as King, Dire Wolf as Queen, Timberwolf as Rooks, Gargoyles as Knights, Mad Dogs as Bishops and Novas as Pawns.

: )

I chose Cyclops because it's a C&C 'Mech, more than something powerful. And the recent CGL plastic didn't look too... dorky?...

I could totally see planning out an entire chess set motif based on each Successor State and the Clans having their own choices.

Oh no. Oh no, brain is working on that now...

• 2Like
Reactions:
So it's the morning, and I'm beginning to prepare my headspace to write. I do this sometimes by either listening to music or cruising YouTube for specific clips to match the mood I'm going for.

... there's a scene in a movie I never had the good fortune to see in its entirety. "Secondhand Lions", and particularly 'the bar fight scene'. And there's a part of me picturing two merc outfits meeting during the Clan Invasion in such a manner. One of the merc outfits was active in the final years of the Third Succession War, and another who had just gotten together with some post-Helm hardware and think they're hot stuff.

What's that saying? "Beware an old man in a profession where many usually die young" ... really should find the original source of that someday.