• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Throwing this in here as I know a couple of you old Battletech grognards are still reading here:

Looking for things to put into a time capsule for my firstborn.
Well I can say what NOT to put in there... Yang's Triple-F burgers. No, I've still not forgiven him, and it was injustice Dekker was the only one NOT getting sick.

As for what to put in there... is it big enough to fit Mitch so he can be returned 18 years from now to fake his way into the task of making another BattleTech game? By that time maybe the licensing issues may be ironed out.

• 3Like
  • 2Haha
Reactions:
WAIT A MINUTE HERE!

03F322CA-7413-4F0C-92C9-EB0E291A9113.jpeg

Is that?

Is that supposed to…

A98CF442-F69C-4E3F-BA3B-AF1C68AAA2B7.jpeg

Lord Commander, is that you?

But you have both hands?

Last edited:
  • 2Haha
Reactions:
556F3093-F781-4DEE-905C-19475530D03C.jpeg

The ilClan sourcebook is now available for purchase from Catalyst Game Labs.

I had hoped that BATTLETECH would see the half dozen or so expansions it might have needed to reach BattleTech’s ilClan era. : )

Alas, that was not to be.

I’ve only been able to scan and read select portions of it but I found it well-written, well-constructed and satisfying on a very Big and Stompy level.

Anyone else pick up the pdf or hard copy? Thoughts? (While it has been exceedingly rare of late, I did pick up both… the ilClan had been event I have been waiting for since… well… for more than 30-years now.)

I have not, I have my disposable income right now earmarked to assemble an organizer box for my copy of 'Firefly: the Board Game' and its assorted expansions. (Yes, I own all of them. And yes the game was worth it. While interaction between players is limited, we found another game of a similar type fell flat as soon as PvP got involved.)

But I'll have to look. See if this setting does anything to fix some of the problems I had with things after the Clan Invasion mechanically (too many unique tech rules) and in theme (either reduced to two 'sides' or multiplied to 'several dozen factions'...)

Margaret Weis has a piece of Firefly the game… excellent!

What does the forum think of…

1167723A-5F36-4871-B7FE-7A68BE16CC0D.jpeg

#FireflySeason2 ?

I think it's a thing which may or may not exist yet, and am more concerned about finding out there might be a larger number of 'Mechs painted red 'to go faster' in the near future.

(... what even is this timeline?)

Well it is awesome to see how well we all are doing!

I mean, we haven’t had a bicker among us since August 7th!!! : )

Well, I gotz something…

What am I gonna do with all my 2020 GENCON Event cards/business-card-flyers!

AFA4819D-C0BD-4DD4-8E42-F6F3FE42804D.jpeg

I had GENCON2020 4-day passes for myself and both my daughters. I had coordinated and planned a 4-hour, 10-person BATTLETECH Multiplayer Event (BYOC, bring your own computer). I had power and a wide-enough-bandwidth internet drop coordinated and even the funding for that rather prohibitive costly capability had begun falling into place. So having these cards done up seemed an appropriate, if extravagant supporting action.

And we all know what happened next, COVID-19. I had it, my sister had it, my parents had it and others in the family had it, and yes, we lost someone to COVID…

COVID is my bicker. Damn disease.

Anyhow, these BATTLETECH2020 cards are part of my way back to a more normal life…

…I bet I can get 500 “BATTLETECH2022” stickers from Vistaprint kinda cheap… hmm.

Stay healthy everyone. :bow:

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
I am sorry for your loss. Though I am glad for any fellow Battletech Fan that made it out of this damn plague alive. Good to hear you're still around and planning for next year.
Thank you, Good Sir. I trust you and yours are healthy, happy and safe. How is the little one?

Any chance you’ll make it across the pond for a GENCON?

Have a great day and ever better tomorrows. :bow:

I am sorry for your loss. Though I am glad for any fellow Battletech Fan that made it out of this damn plague alive. Good to hear you're still around and planning for next year.

Much like the invasion after Tukayyid... it's not over yet. Too bad COVID doesn't accept batchalls.

That said, not looking forward to trying to figure out if I've got a second-edition run of it or just another head cold brought on by fatigue.

At least I have my next thing to make happen... a friend of mine is working on some 3D printing for me, buildings for my next game.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Note to self, whatever the guy printed these with does not play well with my acrylic paints.

Thank you, Good Sir. I trust you and yours are healthy, happy and safe. How is the little one?

Any chance you’ll make it across the pond for a GENCON?

Have a great day and ever better tomorrows. :bow:
The litte one is alive and well - and the sweetest thing ever. She's currently nice enough to sleep throughout the night which I've been told is quite unusual at her age, so her mum and dad are reasonably relaxed as well.

Unfortunately trips over the big pond are a bit of a strain on the budget for the foreseeable future, so we're crossing smaller ponds for now. Although, the wife and I promised to go to La Palma again after the next Eruption to see how fast nature can reshape a landscape. We did expect this to be more of a retirement thing though.

• 3Like
Reactions:
Sometimes my iPad throws my favorite, but most painful memories, right into the middle of an otherwise great day! …like pulling a pin on a hand-grenade… BOOM!

#IrememberJordanBrianandEck

855071D4-013A-41E4-A342-08FFC5CC9352.jpeg

• 2Like
Reactions:
Sometimes my iPad throws my favorite, but most painful memories, right into the middle of an otherwise great day! …like pulling a pin on a hand-grenade… BOOM!

#IrememberJordanBrianandEck

View attachment 764145
I must say, @HBS_Eck is looking remarkably sage and wise in this photo...

Thoughts?

• 1Like
Reactions:
Nowhere else to put this, but a discussion about how places began Christmas stuff just after Halloween put me in... a mood. And trying to get my hand back into the characters, this completely non-canon exchange happened in my head. (Along with considering whether or not Christmas is actually a thing in 3030...)

"What do you mean, we're not going down there?" Mikell rubbed at his face as he walked, and his executive officer beside him tried to look bland and unconvinced. On his other side was a woman a head shorter with olive skin and a grin which couldn't stay away. The speaker was a shorter, wiry woman who everyone watched pass by warily. She stayed a pace behind them, until the trio of officers stopped and moved into an empty storage room.

"Kelly-" Mikell began, hesitating as he saw her expression shift from pleading to frustration. "The answer's no."

"But it's almost Christmas."

"She does have a point, sir." The executive officer stated softly. "We should give some of the crew shore leave." He ignored the light glare Mikell shot his way with the serene grace of someone who would never be part of the problem. Or be part of the solution. Reginald wanted absolutely nothing to do with this one except to find some entertainment in the whole matter.

Mikell lifted his hand, and then started counting off on his fingers. "One, it's late October. That's not 'almost' Christmas by any stretch of the imagination." As the other officer began to speak, he turned his gaze on her. "Two, just because we're getting notices about events which are being held doesn't make it 'almost' anything. Those are sent out well in advance since it can take weeks to travel anywhere."

The olive-skinned woman just folded her hands behind her back. "No, sir, Anywhere is at least months away. We'd never make it there in time." She weathered his glare for a silent moment before speaking up. "What's the harm which could come from letting some people go planetside?"

"We'd have to leave the Jump Point, which would cost us fuel and about a week's time. And that's assuming there's anything to do down there."

"It's almost Christmas, sir, there's bound to be something to do."

The commander put his face in his hands again, and sighed through them. "You're driving me crazy with that, Olivia. It's not almost Christmas. It's not even the same month." He stopped, and glanced over at Reginald, who still had the same serenity in his stance, and then straightened up. "Very well, Olivia. Whomever wants shore leave can have it, but you coordinate your efforts with Reg."

The taller man blinked twice, and looked over hesitantly. "Er, what?"

"This is the price for bringing this stuff to me so you don't have to deal with it." Mikell patted him on the shoulder. "Oh, and try to limit the number of knives Kelly takes off the ship?" As he turned to leave, he noticed a grin on Olivia's face. "And that doesn't mean she can start hiding pistols on her person!"

• 5Like
Reactions:
So, this happened on/about 28FEB2020. Understandably these got set aside amidst the pandemic and then our COVID-associated family tragedies. But Life goes on, and these should be shared…

9BAA27F2-03A8-4B6B-AC4D-88390D99EB37.jpegD793D674-D165-40B4-9755-EB8B5911C570.jpeg75D6A12D-D479-448C-ADF9-B8DC16C106E4.jpegA03ADDD9-E7E7-4A1D-B5DA-4EB67A3188D7.jpeg

EDIT: might I add that Team HBS did hit a milestone on the build of at least one of their two games that day... and that while I did get to walk the floor where "Game Development Magic" happens and Mechs constructed, I truthfully was shielded from any data other than BATTLETECH-associated displays. As an old Soldier, well familiar with the need and practices of "sanitizing a work area," I can offer my personal testimonial that Team HBS are champs at these same practices and procedures.

Last edited:
  • 6Love
Reactions: