• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

You were so close. Next time ally with Poland? :p
Should give you room to manoeuvre towards north and west, as long as your south is secure.

Shame, but without more favourable circumstances (like Poland and Lithuania being ravaged by its neighbours) aligning to the Holy Roman Empire is necessity to survive and be able to expand without the constant fear of being eaten early. In EU4 you rarely can rise after being defeated as it mostly comes down to the strength of forces and you can't freely attack HRE without being part of it or the Emperor will interfere. Livionian Order is useful as an ally rather than foe as it separates you from potential hostiles and can provide aid in war against separate Lithuania or Poland (sometimes they're not allied nor have personal union between them). Other lines of advance simply don't exist. I applaud you for fighting to the very end.

The Fall of the Teutonic Order I hate to say it, but this was actually quite a satisfying conclusion.
it would have been even more epic f game mechanics allowed you to ... well, completely abandon your prussian holdings and have your entire Order go south: The Last Crusade of the Teutonic Order :p

still, at the very least, EU4 is certainly a lot harder than EU3, especially in terms of finances and manpower.

That said, it would have been nice if the 35, rebellion succeeded long enough for those cities to defect back to you - it may end up only delaying the inevitable, but it may also be the last respite you needed before Poland somehow ends up in a disastrous war against the Empire (that, or getting hit with OE rebellions )

This AAR came to a sad end. This time through Poland-Lithuania winning an overwhelming victory, destroying the Order. The Teutonic Order starts in a very difficult position. It's certainly an intriguing challenge.

Nooooo!:eek: Poor Teutons.:( Good luck with your next AAR. May it be more successful ingame.;)

<Throws clod of earth on the casket>

Rest in peace, oh Teutonic Order, rest in peace.

A valiant effort, CatKnight, and thank you for having the guts to stick with it. The Teutons were comprehensively bested and you exhausted every possible avenue (including that ludicrous Crusade for Cyprus - ludicrous, but entirely in keeping with Von Plauen's spirit).

I can understand that you consider yourself done with the TO (though there's always that niggling voice in the back of my head - what if... If you got rid of Von Plauen in battle, gaining a more moderate leader; what if the Poles could be distracted for a while; what if the Danes would ally...). Looking forward to another AAR from you, one that hopefully won't be as fraught to play.

Really satisfying AAR Catknight. I enjoy reading the occassional AAR that doesn't best the world completely.

Looking forward to the next attempt or just the next AAR.

Thank you everyone.

I agree it's more satisfying to see an AAR where the player struggles, and very rare to see them outright lose. I knew the Teutons were going to be trouble, but I didn't expect to get knocked out so quickly.

There are any number of what-ifs: If Cyprus had fallen sooner. If Poland had found better things to do with its time. If Hungary's alliance was worth the paper it was written on. And yes, if the Teutons had managed to join the Empire.

I hope you'll follow me on my next adventure:

Random World Order

This will be more 'gameplay', with hopefully enough humor to keep you interested. The premise is I'll be switching nations at semi-random intervals to see more of what EU4 has to offer.

Just dropping by, sat down and read the entire AAR tonight. Excellent writing and enjoyed how you told the story, really sad it didn't work out, but even more surprised it didn't, its pretty rare to see an AAR go down like that and in a way it made it even more enjoyable.

I look forward to reading your next work! Already checked it out and skimmed through it and look forward to actually reading it thoroughly in the coming days, as well as following it.