• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Sad, but it was very entertaining while it lasted. We saw some really great, plausible wars and intrigues and written in a very good format. I hope you find a new idea and nation to write about in the not too distant future.

Sorry for the lack of feedback. Work this week has been....tough. To avoid repeating myself I'll go by topic.

This Save Game: As I mentioned, depending on if I take out a bracket or not, I can either have the game fail to load at all, or have a no government/no ruler nation.

I took Ragusa's advice and let it try to play out, thinking I could explain a new ruler away as a coup. I did indeed get a new ruler - but still no government. In addition I lost all my accepted cultures, and the game thinks it's 1419, not 1491. (I checked line 1 of the save: The save file year is correct. It's loading wrong.)

I threw it into comagossie's save game editor. It loads there just fine, but it won't load in game. That made me suspicious, so I tried starting a fresh game. That worked, so it's definitely in the save file. Somewhere.

Changing Names: Wolfcity asked why I had to edit the Hochmeisters' names in: In EU3, theocratic leaders are treated like kings with Roman numerals following their names, so George III might be followed by Edward II, George IV or Francis IX. That works great for the Papacy, but not so well for the Teutons, who didn't track their Hochmeisters in this manner.

I checked more than once: I inserted Egan's name correctly. I did check other parts of the save, though I forget exactly what and it was only to satisfy curiosity. Obviously something went wrong.

Going to the Autosave: Tried that. Exact same thing happened. The autosave loaded. I brought it forward from March 1491 - December, killed off Sangerhausen, and made sure I made the same decisions as before. Something....happened within those nine months, and apparently it has nothing to do with my looking around the old save fil. I've played around a little bit (ripped out Danzig's grain depot, etc., changed the Hochmeister's name back) with no effect.

I think I'm going to take this as divine intervention. One Teuton crash is a shame. Two Teuton crashes is bad luck. Three is a signal from the gaming gods.

The Future: There will certainly be another AAR - perhaps here, perhaps CK (I don't own Vic anymore, and AoD leaves me as puzzled as HoI2 did. FtG I suppose is a possibility.) With what country and in what format I'm still chewing on. Lithuania would be an amusing possibility after trying so many times to beat them up ;)

Thanks everyone.

An Act of God?

The Grand Master ought to be Walter von Plettenberg, not some chap named Egan. No wonder, he's reaching out from beyond the grave to stop such impropriety.

You may not have killed off Sangerhausen properly, which seems unlikley since you've had a few leaders now or the game didn't.

There's another ruler named Egan running around. 1 seems unlucky, two seems positively perverse.

More likely is that one of the decisions you made was not correctly implemented by the system. You'd have to save after each decision and reload to see which decision caused the corruption ofthe save file. That might be more work than you're prepared to undertake.
You couldjust play from the autosave and take whatever decisions the game throws at you, perhaps, keeping Sangerhausen alive.It's really frustrating that you've had to abandon a third attempt to role-play the Knights.

This is a most unfortunate turn of events, just when the Ordenstaadt was in a position powerful enough to vanquish the Bohemian threat... :( , but alas, all good things must come to an end... Good luck in your next enterprise, CatKnight! Be it an AAR or something alike, I am sure it will be something most deserving of appraisal.

such a shame :( I am playing a game as Yeman very intresting even after eating all the other states exept for the mecca place i barely could support 7k soldiers and the mamalukes are right next to me with 2 more land techs and 40k at my border we went to war and so far i have killed 28,000 with my 7000. Oh and my 4 shock 4 manover king :D

PS i was allied with the OE and they started it