• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
When using mods, combat saves are extremely unreliable. I recommend you stick with regular saves and live with the results or, if things go ridiculously badly, ALT+F4 out of the game and replay the mission from the pre-mission autosave

• 1Like
Reactions:
One of the interesting things on the mega-mod is that SLDF toys are much rarer in the 302x years. One side effect is that after winning the Wolf Dragoons FP i get an amazing 8 DHS. In a normal game is meh (too much advanced tech around), on BEX-CE is a very valuable gain. Also, no tons of Bull Sharks on the Pirate stores, nor other advanced SLDF / Royal tech. Much more lore-friendly, i like very much.

But :) - I started a new career and played a few missions. Is there any known bug that prevents the loading of a save game made during a mission?
I can't load several save games because I end up in an infinite loading screen "preparing for combat".

Neither can I load it via continue game nor via direct save game loading.

Any suggestions? Game is the GOG-Version, 1.91-686R with MODTEK V0.77

Re-load from a pre-mission save. In-mission saves are not support for battletech extended (or, really, any of the other major mod packs).

It never happened to me that i got aware of that bcs i play Ironman anyway but i understand that it may be a pain in longer missions not be able to save.
To me that is a price i am more than willing to pay for what the mod offers.

Atm the mod gets quite often updated, i think i will start a new game but i feel unhappy bcs i dont find an Emblem that i like, Nexus also has none i like so far.
Well it seems i have to bite that sour apple...

Dropping on a Davion planet to kill a heavy pirate lance I'm agreeably surprised that the AFSS also dropped a lance to help me. What is not fun is that sometimes later a Kurita bounty hunty party also arrives and Kurita's been Kurita's start firing on everybody.
Must be Saturday in BEX-CE with BiggerDrops and MissionControl activated. This is what makes this mega-mod so fun.

Dropping on a Davion planet to kill a heavy pirate lance I'm agreeably surprised that the AFSS also dropped a lance to help me. What is not fun is that sometimes later a Kurita bounty hunty party also arrives and Kurita's been Kurita's start firing on everybody.
Must be Saturday in BEX-CE with BiggerDrops and MissionControl activated. This is what makes this mega-mod so fun.

I had only one Mission so far with the help of a light support Lance from my employer.
I am still at the beginning of my campaign and the Opponent force had a Warhammer but OMG - it appeared later than the other Mechs of its Lance and the Light Support Lance of 2 Locusts, a Stinger, a Cicada decided it wanted to fight it - how did they reap it apart, the poor Guy rarely hit anything (he got a lucky shot and legged the Stinger late in the fight) and got his back wrecked, it was only that they had so Little firepower they were unable to kill it off b4 i had finished the other Mechs so i landed the killing blow and got 2 parts of a Warhammer slighty after the Argo Mission (but i need 6 more).
With the Vanilla AI the Light Support Lance would have been Cannonfodder.

That is my only gripe with the game that you get into Heayy Weight Encounters to often and to early.
In that Timeline and in the Preiphery the Assaults should be "Ultra Rare" and Heavys "Uncommon" - most of the fight should contain Light and Medium Mechs with Heavys and Assaults appear if any as "Bossfights".

It should be a HUGE thing if you manage to salvage you a Heavy or Assault Mech (and yeah - my houserule is i only get what i salvage or get rewarded - no shop items).

I would have liked if they had worked way more with the Maintenance and Quality of Mechs and Items which HBS gave up on quite early in the game and started the usual Arms and Weightrace - i would like much more a race for "Quality" be it Pilots, Equipment and Allies/Opponents.

That said, this mod gives my motivation to play a huge boost bcs it is so much more fun for its Diversity, Flair, Challenge!

For more fun add the three Hyades Rim Flashpoints: Jinxed, It Came FROM THE Rim (5 missions), The Periphery is a Harsh Mistress. Versions are made for BEX-CE.

SPOILER:
The reward I got from (It came from the Rim) an Assassin-DM armed with a SNPPC++, 2 Small Lasers++, a permanently attached sword +60 melee damage & a prototype ECM package.

Each flashpoint seems to be multiple missions. I do not know about the others as I got my butt kicked badly, only have light & medium mech (Firestarters & Vulcans).
Will again when I have heavier mechs.

For these who do not know: BEX-CE is up to version 1.9.0.10 with 5 Flashpoints by Ablomis installed (all Gray Death Legion) and an updated Bigger Drops/Mission Control add-on

A flashpoint blip appears on the navigation screen--Zhaomaon (Cluff's Stand 3130+). Click on the system, the flashpoint description window doesn't appear. Go to the system, no flashpoint. All other active flashpoints working normally.

Attachments

• 79a566d7-108d-41bc-b030-87a5534aaa46.sav
    6,1 MB · Views: 0
  • harmony_summary.log
    49,8 KB · Views: 0
  • ModTek.log
    5 MB · Views: 0
  • ModTek_runtime_log.txt
    30,5 KB · Views: 0
  • output_log.txt
    186,3 KB · Views: 0
A flashpoint blip appears on the navigation screen--Zhaomaon (Cluff's Stand 3130+). Click on the system, the flashpoint description window doesn't appear. Go to the system, no flashpoint. All other active flashpoints working normally.

I've run into this and it appears that the new map data and vanilla map data are trying to operate on top of each other. In other words, you have two planets on the navigation map trying to occupy the exact same spot in space. I'm not even sure if the modders are aware of this, as it took me quite a while to finally figure it out.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I'am really appreciating your Mod. Its great.
I started one Game at 3025 and one at 3049.

But i have one complain. Just one. I`am dropping on half Star Clan Planets. With 3 Assaults and 1 Heavy. All very good Mechs and a lot of Rockets. But i did around 20 Missions. I one just ONE! Because of a unknown Capellan Force wich i let to the Fray.

Can`t you made the Levels a little easier?
Half Star Clan World. Half Star Mission. 4 Assaults/1 Heavy... 4 Heavies/1 Medium.
Still zero chance ^^

thats... annoying.... i want it hard... but not impossible hard ^^

Thanks. Being together in doubt still better than no answer at all.

I´ll restart the career with the Solaris 7 mod. I´ll just see what pops up while i´m doing solaris faction missions.

Still interested in the answer if anyone knows it :D

Hey BARBOSA & NickAragua: Posted below is the question I asked the creator Ablomis and his reply.

QUESTION: 25 July 2020, 8:39AM
Hi Ablomis, I love the idea behind the Gray Death Legion.
I am curious does it work in Campaign mode or Career Mode?
Approximately what year does Birth of a Legend kickoff the Gray Death Campaign?

It's nice to see famous Mercenary Units get shown off.

REPLY: Ablomis

27 July 2020, 1:11AM
Hey,
It is set to fire in 3029. It works in Career mode, not sure about the campaign.

Copied from NEXUSMODS Birth of a legend posts.

Sorry if this changes your Solaris & plans. According to his reply you will need to start your Solaris 7 run in 3025, if you wish to do both Solaris & GrayDeathLegion (GDL.)

• 1Like
Reactions: