• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
One thing to remember with Breaching Shot is that its bonus applies to any single shot at one mech. Not in one turn. So if you have a mech with several heavy hit weapons (PPCs, large lasers, LRM-20s, gauss rifles, etc.), take advantage of the Multi-target ability your pilot also has to hit 2 or 3 mechs with one weapon each. Each of those shots will get the Breaching benefit. You will also be stripping evasion from each of those targets for follow on mechs to exploit.

One thing to remember with Breaching Shot is that its bonus applies to any single shot at one mech. Not in one turn. So if you have a mech with several heavy hit weapons (PPCs, large lasers, LRM-20s, gauss rifles, etc.), take advantage of the Multi-target ability your pilot also has to hit 2 or 3 mechs with one weapon each. Each of those shots will get the Breaching benefit. You will also be stripping evasion from each of those targets for follow on mechs to exploit.
That sounds very nice, but its still splitting your fire between multiple targets.
Focusing all fire on a single target it's possible to disable a mech every turn or two. Downed mechs don't shoot back.
Diluting your damage by spreading it among multiple targets just means those guys are going to be shooting at you for more turns.
Breaching generally seems like a benefit for a tactically weak approach.

That being said, I'm thinking that something like a Phoenix hawk with only a PPC/AC10 might be a useful 'always breach' jumpy sniper.
It is a very specialized build though (Guns 5,8, Pilot5), and not one I would choose for more than one or two pilots in my crew.
Actually, I quite like the sound of this...

New version is out (at usual nexusmods location).

I've tested it and you will absolutely have to start a new career with it, no ifs and or buts. Sorry. I also sincerely doubt anyone's tested it in the campaign mode, so try at your own risk.

Lots of cool new features. Here's a few:
Start in 3025, 3039, 3049 or 3053
Clan Mechs: what's a Clan Invasion without horribly overpowered mechs that'll wipe the floor with you?
Historically Accurate Starmap: Watch in "real time" as the Federated Suns wallop the Capellan Confederation, the formation of the Free Rasalhague Republic. Then watch said Republic get gobbled up by the mechs from the previous item.
Tech Progression: LosTech goes from ultra-rare to relatively common. Uses faction-specific random unit assignment tables (RATs) to determine what you'll be fighting against.
News Updates: Want to know what's going on in the Inner Sphere? ComStar's got you covered for news, Inner Merc has you covered for new tech coming out (first Inner Merc publication out in 3048)
Mission Control included: By default, a few new contract types and randomized spawn locations. If you tweak the config file, you can enable extra allied and hostile lances to spawn as well, as well as make the battlefields larger.
New Flashpoint in 3039

With all those clans and possible extra lances, I might recommend "Bigger Drops".
Lets you drop up to eight mechs, given a significant investment in the argo upgrades it adds.

There are also a couple of extra flashpoint mods that should be compatible:
"It Came from the Rim", "Jinxed" and "The Periphery is a Harsh Mistress", that'll get you four extra flashpoints.

I'd like to play "The Cache", but there's a bug in it that gives you like a hundred mechs once you complete it, leaving the rest of the game kind of not a challenge.

Yay, Clans! Now I can go after the thing that nearly ruined Btech for me. At least until the WoB showed up. That was even worse. :eek:

In all seriousness though, this is looking like a sweet update that was well worth the wait, I'll be updating over the weekend.

I'm assuming my small pilot mod, career pilot start, and Commander portrait loader will still work with it? I don't think you've changed anything those mods affect.

I'm assuming my small pilot mod, career pilot start, and Commander portrait loader will still work with it? I don't think you've changed anything those mods affect.

It's not something that we tested, so I honestly couldn't tell you one way or the other.

Well, first career/mission and first 'bug' - in 3025 a Striker NARC appear ???

Question: did you do the first batch of contract missions before advancing a day? Because in order to get the "real" 3025 unit generation tables, you have to advance at the career at least one day then pick 3025 in the year picker event.

It's not something that we tested, so I honestly couldn't tell you one way or the other.

Question: did you do the first batch of contract missions before advancing a day? Because in order to get the "real" 3025 unit generation tables, you have to advance at the career at least one day then pick 3025 in the year picker event.
Yes, I have advanced a day before the first battle. More than a day, in fact, I take some time moving the ammo to safer places before entering combat.

Yes, I have advanced a day before the first battle. More than a day, in fact, I take some time moving the ammo to safer places before entering combat.

It might be an issue with some of the random assignment tables - there are a lot of them.

Stupid (?) question - Why a file named harmony.log appear on my desktop?

That's a log file used by the mod loading mechanism, it can be safely ignored or deleted (but will probably reappear every time you launch the game)

Another vehicle that appears before is time (I'm in 3026, now) is the Galleon TAG.
Other than the casual vehicle that appears too soon, like the ones already reported, the game is a blast and so far no more bugs found.
I have also added the BiggerDrops mod - plenty of new tactical options, lol.

The last mission of the Wolf Dragoons FP doesn't activate and on top of that the system where i'm don't exist any FP but the system pulse like one exist.

Attachments

• de2e3d7b-c3d7-47d0-8adc-cf5054bc3f91.sav
    5,1 MB · Views: 0
  • ModTek.log
    4,7 MB · Views: 0
  • ModTek_runtime_log.txt
    60,7 KB · Views: 0
Hi there,

first of all, as a long-time fan of Battletech I have to say this mod is great. It feels so much more like CBT to me and the changes makes it more like grown-up, serious SciFi-war. Thanks for the tremendous work and sticking to the lore, more tan the vanilla game does.

But :) - I started a new career and played a few missions. Is there any known bug that prevents the loading of a save game made during a mission?
I can't load several save games because I end up in an infinite loading screen "preparing for combat".

Neither can I load it via continue game nor via direct save game loading.

Any suggestions? Game is the GOG-Version, 1.91-686R with MODTEK V0.77