• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
OK, there is definately a bug with the current build. Even after a clean install and only BEX-CE and CAB installed I still get an infinite loading screen when accessing the hiring hall. It is not every time, but at least 50% of the time. One planet's hiring hall may load, the next one won't.

Another thing I'm seeing is duplicate Ronin and Kickstarter pilots that can't be selected and when moused over, the portrait does not match the pop-up text I'm seeing.

havent heard of that one..you may want to pop over to nexus and post it.

i know they are looking into the one concerning endless loading loop for the barracks.
im getting that one.

havent heard of that one..you may want to pop over to nexus and post it.

i know they are looking into the one concerning endless loading loop for the barracks.
im getting that one.

oh, I get that one too. And I also have it when I try to start a mission and the pilot roster won't load. I'm betting these are ALL related, and I bet there is a problem in one of the pilot files.

Little more info that may be helpful. I had noticed a common thing with the unselectable pilots in the hiring hall. While it was always a different pilot portrait, the flyover text was ALWAYS for the pilot 'Brother'. Maybe that is a place to start looking?

Just a guess on my part, I am a novice at modding on my best day.

Disabling pilot quirks will probably help you get back into the barracks. Not sure if it has any down stream impacts when eventually the fix switches it back on so you might want to make a backup save before proceeding without it on just in case. Disabling is just editing mod.json in the pilot quirks mod folder and changing true to false.

<edit> ignore - looks like the fix has been released on nexus

Ah, that feeling of getting a new mod setup working correctly...

giphy.gif

gotta vanilla install (direct from Paradox, not steam ..Steam version is the one I do my heavy personalized modding on) with a "vanilla" 25 extended CE running.. much as I would love to plug some of my favorite sub mods in (SLDF and Wep Diversity 25.) I haven't done it because i hate having my install break. It seems other succeed.. me... not so much frustrating ya know!

gotta vanilla install (direct from Paradox, not steam ..Steam version is the one I do my heavy personalized modding on) with a "vanilla" 25 extended CE running.. much as I would love to plug some of my favorite sub mods in (SLDF and Wep Diversity 25.) I haven't done it because i hate having my install break. It seems other succeed.. me... not so much frustrating ya know!

HA...i do the same thing.
but i slowly added fav mods to my bex ce install and so far...all is good.

Latest CAC is having trouble with weapon damage variance, so the flamers from WD will break damage resolution for any mech using them and cause no damage to result from that mech's attacks. A quick run through all the flamers in WD setting their damage variance to zero solves that problem. I can't swear that there's no other WD weapons with damage variance, so be on the lookout.

Not really about BTX CE, but for those who want WD along with it.

Edit: That was fast. CMission has fixed that issue with CAC, so ignore this post

Last edited:
Pode, can you provide any clues as to how you get the different CAC ammo types to be available in stores (or as salvage)? eg inferno rounds for SRMs. There is ammo for stock weapons that I should be able to use somehow.

I've had a go at changing the purchasable tags to true and adding the ammo bins to one of the itemCollection_Ammo_all.csv files available within the CE/WD folders but no luck so far.

Thanks

<edit>
Oh God yet another thing I forgot. Delete the medium laser out of CAC weapons, Kmission used it as the sample for custom laser color effects that change over time, so it's like a minute long animation that changes thru all the colors of the rainbow.

Also an fyi I found that changing the following line from the stock 10 to something small like 1 or 0.5:

"ProjectileSpeedMultiplier": 0.5,

in Weapon_Laser_MediumLaser_0-STOCK.json under the weapons folder in the main CAC folder also resolves the issue of the long running laser light show. Apparently for lasers this value is the duration of the beam in secs.

Last edited:
Did the blank line at the end of the item collection solve your issue with modding the ammo?

Related, AFAIK that terminal blank line is missing from mech Taurian uncommon and from smuggler, so might be worth fixing those in your installs

I'm having a bug where I can't leave the system I started my campaign in. One, Haree warned us campaign might still be buggy, and 2 I've obviously piled on a bunch of other mods and made it officially my problem not the dev team's. Anyone else run into this and/or have some ideas? I'm wondering if it's as simple as a mismatch between the 4 starting worlds and their career / campaign versions. Like CE can't figure out where I'm trying to jump out of or to.

Edit: Well if that's true it's only cuz I broke it, the system files are identical in a proper CE install.

Last edited:
Sorry Pode, Hard to keep up sometimes with discord and the forum. I replied over there but forgot to here which is bad because here others can see it more easily. Yes the blank line did fix the problem and I can access all the ammo types I wish to in stores now. Must say the AOE stuff is pretty game breaking as you can knock out mechs that are out of sensor range with an attack on the ground location and if you can actually lock them up then every shot with AOE LRMs completely decimates the target. Only down side is very little salvage as a result. Might have to play with the sub munition damage values a bit I think if I keep using them. The Inferno rounds are bad news as well for LRMs particularly as one salvo usually shuts the target down with over 100 heat. I know they were painted as feared weapons but think they were meant more as a tactical weapon to stop a larger mech employing heat producing weapons rather than insta cooking the target mech. Been a very long time since I played TT though so maybe my memories are not accurate.

PS - I did a search across my mods folder and there were 131 item collection csv's from CE, WD and CAC and 40 were missing the blank line. I did cross check files against others which seemed for a similar purpose before adding the blank line. It'll be interesting to see if things now work better or fall in a heap. The 40 seemed all from CE fyi.

<edit> ok so that didn't go so well. System shops stopped working so I reverted the 40 back to as they were.

<edit> LOL my bad, I didn't realise my rep with the owning faction was so bad that the system store was off limits. So now I don't know if the missing blank lines of the 40 files were an issue or not. Guess I try to jump somewhere else with the edited files back in place.

Last edited:
IIRC the main users of inferno rounds were infantry with Mechs only rarely using the SRMs, so I limited myself to Inferno SRM ammo only. A lot of the stuff in CAC is meant for RT and balanced for the later, higher tech rules.

In the lore, the inferno's weren't carried often on mechs because when they would 'cook off' frrom a critical hit, they tended to instantly shut the mech down, and literally cook the pilot in the process. So most mechwarriors would refuse to use them.

infernos should cook tanks just as well as mechs.

Looks like we got a new update. I'm assuming nothing works with it for now.

I'll wait for the mods to catch up with it, in the meantime I will stay with 1.6. These are the times I'm very glad I insist on using manual installers from GoG, I would find it highly annoying to have my game auto-updated and broken by said update.