• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Oh God yet another thing I forgot. Delete the medium laser out of CAC weapons, Kmission used it as the sample for custom laser color effects that change over time, so it's like a minute long animation that changes thru all the colors of the rainbow.

@Pode
Dude.
You got Old Man brain really bad.....and here i thought i was the only one.:cool:

I made all these changes over like 3 weeks as I stumbled across them, so they come trickling back in at about the same rate. Things to add or change I get reminded of by the copies I keep in my mods backup folder, but remembering all the things to delete is another story.

Not to worry Pode, without your instructions we wouldn't have got anywhere. So happy to be the guinea pig. Another possible BTX CE/CAC/WD issue. I'm running short of cash due to some long jumps to a new border and I'm finding while all the scrap dialogues work fine 3 particular mech parts will not sell. FS9-H and the HBK-4SP and COM-2D.

I did do the mechdef updates as suggested for WD and suspect from your comments about "joining" which I figure relates to salvage operations that possibly the issue is due to WD and/or my edits. Any thoughts?

<edit> added COM-2D

Last edited:
@Stonehouse one of the only criticisms i have with BTX CE is they are still paying the pilots WAY too much salary.

so i make a few changes to bring their salaries back in line with what i feel is a more appropriate rate of pay (lore-wise);

Finances" : {
"MechWarriorBaseCostPerPoint" : 75.0,
"MechWarriorBonusCostPerPoint" : 50.0,

those three lines can be found in the BT extended CE folder under in the simgameconstants json
it helps ALOT.

Yeah, those 3 all have WD variants. My quick and dirty hack gets them all to have the correct quirks, but I've also had trouble selling them. Proper way to do it is to merge the quirks into the WD chassisdefs.

I took a zero off their pay rates, my 300K mortgage intrest on the dropship is too brutal to pay that kind of salary

Yeah seems to be across the board for ones with a WD variant. Same issue with STG-3R and HBK-4H as well now. Hopefully they will still merge ok for SO as I have a WHM-6R almost complete in storage.

Don't really know what you mean by merge the quirks into the WD mechdefs. Might experiment if I get some spare time. If you can give an example of something like one of the HBKs or the FS9-H or STG-3R I can try to get it working.

@Stonehouse if having those and not being able to get rid of them bugs you you can always get the Save Game Editor off Nexus and remove them with that.

Yeah, each Mech is supposed to have a unique mechdef / chassidef pair, and the quirks are part of the chassisdef but the WD guns are part of the mechdef. So I had you kludge it by pairing each WD mechdef with the vanilla chassisdef instead of editing the quirk into the WD chassisdef. They combine ok in Custom Salvage, which I think uses the same core code as SO, so I think your Warhammer will assemble fine.

Thanks Pode. I was having a look around the files this morning and had a question. So I can see under BT_Extended_Quirks there is a chassisMerge folder.

Within this folder is chassisdef for each mech with quirks (I assume) - so trying to understand what you've said taking the STG-3R for example. Are you saying because there is no file for the BGI variant introduced by WD the BGI will not get the quirks of the base model and won't combine under SO?

Would it all work without doing the edit on the WD mechdef files (as per your initial post) if a BGI file was created by cloning the STG-3R file under BT_Extended_Quirks?

Or is there more to it?

On another BEX 3025 CE note, there really ought to be more faction stores. I just allied my mercenary command House Liao, and there is all of *TWO* faction stores across the entire Capellan holdings. While that was Ok on the small map, with the Galaxy at War expansion, there needs to be expansion in the number and location of Faction Stores as well.

As a starting point, the following Liao planets are home to BattleMech manufacturing planets:

Tikonov
Nanking
Capella
Ares
St. Ives
Shiro III
Grand Base
Menke

On the other hand, if major administrative centers were the preference:

Sian
Capella
Tikonov

Going with administrative centers will also generally ensure there is a Faction store somewhere in the players general vicinity.

Thoughts?

Are you saying because there is no file for the BGI variant introduced by WD the BGI will not get the quirks of the base model and won't combine under SO?
Yup.

Would it all work without doing the edit on the WD mechdef files (as per your initial post) if a BGI file was created by cloning the STG-3R file under BT_Extended_Quirks?
I think so.

Someone on the team was asking the discord a while ago about sources for major planet info, so I think the faction store update is in work, just a LOT of work.

OK, I just had a game breaking bug. Not sure why, and my saves were corrupted and erased so nothing to share.

Basically, I hit a point where the game switched me from regular game to ironman (which I NEVER play). And on top of that, it made my mechwarriors completely inaccessible. I can't run a mission because my mechwarriors never load in.

this problem started after the last update, so I'm wondering if I corrupted something when updating or I just had really bad luck.

Update: It was definitely something I did wrong, though I do not know what. I started a new game and still could not load pilots. To fix it, I deleted my mod folder, re-injected ModTek, and then reinstalled my mods. Everything is working fine now.

Last edited:
OK, I just had a game breaking bug. Not sure why, and my saves were corrupted and erased so nothing to share.

Basically, I hit a point where the game switched me from regular game to ironman (which I NEVER play). And on top of that, it made my mechwarriors completely inaccessible. I can't run a mission because my mechwarriors never load in.

this problem started after the last update, so I'm wondering if I corrupted something when updating or I just had really bad luck.

Update: It was definitely something I did wrong, though I do not know what. I started a new game and still could not load pilots. To fix it, I deleted my mod folder, re-injected ModTek, and then reinstalled my mods. Everything is working fine now.

with this last update we were told to remove the previous install of bex 3025 ce before applying the update.
most likely what happened was you missed that bit and just installed over previous install.

with this last update we were told to remove the previous install of bex 3025 ce before applying the update.
most likely what happened was you missed that bit and just installed over previous install.

That was the #1 problem then. And probably explains the zombie mech phenomenon I was getting. I probably didn't read carefully enough before installing.

The #2 problem I had was a self made pilot mod which had an error on a couple of the files. That was causing the infinite loading bug I was having, and was resolved when I corrected the files. It was odd that it had worked with no problems up to the latest BEX-CE update, so I do wonder what changed to cause it to stop working. On the bright side, it is fixed now.

In the end, it was errors all on my end, as I suspected from the start.

OK, there is definately a bug with the current build. Even after a clean install and only BEX-CE and CAB installed I still get an infinite loading screen when accessing the hiring hall. It is not every time, but at least 50% of the time. One planet's hiring hall may load, the next one won't.

Another thing I'm seeing is duplicate Ronin and Kickstarter pilots that can't be selected and when moused over, the portrait does not match the pop-up text I'm seeing.