• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unclecid

Lt. General
15 Badges
Apr 24, 2018
  • Stellaris
  • BATTLETECH
  • Surviving Mars
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • BATTLETECH - Beta Backer
  • BATTLETECH - Backer
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II
ok first off this mod is sweet.

amongst many other reasons you get to flit about the entire Inner Sphere.
this is great...it means i get to hang out in the DC and beat up on the lowly scum that is the FS and LC.
the whole galaxy at war really makes the whole inner sphere feel alive.

another thing is apparently they made available some local talent as possible pilot hire.

so far seen @Amechwarrior (didnt have room for him) and @Edmon got him an put him in a ac/2 vulcan (duh:D)

Last edited:
Are there any plans to incorporate something like "Weapon Diversity 3025" into BEX 3025 Commander's Edition? While the variety of BattleMechs and Vehicles is superb, the variety of era-appropriate weapons remains largely unchanged. I've noticed a few new "-" lasers but that is it so far. To be clear, I'm not looking for Star League weaponry, but rather expanded manufacturer-based differentiation where each BattleMech's weapons are produced by the canon manufacturer with their own unique set of bonuses and penalties and are incorporated into the "stock" models so they also appear among the OpFor and on after-battle salvage lists.

someone i forget who on one of the BT discords modding channels said he got WD3025 working by ( i think ) using CAC and changin WDs dependecny from WR to CAC.

Yeah, that'd be me. It's not a hard process but there are a lot of steps involved. If you're interested I'll post it here.

@Pode go for it other folks may wanna see how-to

So to get WD and CAC working with BTX CE (and get AIM, Weapon Realizer, switchable ammo midmission, melee and DFA from any position you can move to, Infernos, forest fires from missed shots or intentional shots at the ground, and a working VTOL):

*Delete Scorched Earth from your mods folder or disable it in its mod.json

*Grab Kmission's latest CAC Custom Bundle and unzip all the subfolders into your mods folder.
*Go into CAC, all the way down the streaming assets path, and edit ApplicationConstants.json. Delete the 2 references to vehicles stuff. It removes your ability to spawn in tanks via the debug command, and that seems to be was what was screwing with the spawner for BTX CE.
*Now go back to the main CAC folder and delete the chassis and mech folders so the demo mechs don't show up in missions.
* Now go into the CAC weapon folder and delete the missile Hydra 3 AMS weapon and the stock medium laser (so you don't get the minute long rainbow display of how to do custom laser graphics every time someone shoots an ML).
*Finally delete the AMS ammo in the ammo folder. Not sure the AMS 2 are strictly necessary but it won't hurt to remove unused gear from the database.

*Now go into the Custom Components mod.json and set TestEnableAllTags to false, otherwise blacklisted things will spawn in battle very often.

Now you're ready to start on WD:
*edit the mod.json and change the dependency from WR to CAC.
*Open the mechs folder and edit each mechdef to refer to the base chassis instead of the WD variant. For example, in the mechdef for the Majesty Metals Locust 1 V I just change the chassisdef reference to be chassisdef_locust_LCT-1V instead of chassisdef_locust_LCT-1V_MM. Should give the 1V-MM the same quirk as every other -1V, and allow pieces of it to join with any other -1V.
*Open the Hatchetman -3F mechdef from JK Variants DLC and copy the flashpoint restriction block and tags from there into the -3F_TTI mechdef in WD so you don't get the TTI Hatchetman inappropriately early.

Last edited:
So to get WD and CAC working with BTX CE (and get AIM, Weapon Realizer, switchable ammo midmission, melee and DFA from any position you can move to, Infernos, forest fires from missed shots or intentional shots at the ground, and a working VTOL):

*Grab Kmission's latest CAC bundle and unzip all the subfolders into your mods folder.

Looking on Nexus for CAC there are two downloads. One which is Main Content and the other Custom Bundles but looking at what is in each there seems like a lot of overlap. Which one is the one you used with BTX CE please Pode?

@Sigil yes you would need to have CAC otherwise WD wont work. (get CAC and WD and follow @Pode 's instructions above)
WD requires some external things to work.
unfortunately some of those things are no longer functional and are not supported by their authors anymore.
good thing is CAC uses those things and has made them functional as part of CAC.

Hey @Pode you might want to consider getting up with WDs author and checking with KMission of CAC (im sure it could be fine as i know some mods out there already use customized versions of CAC) and and put this together as an update for WD on its nexus page.
i know some folk dont like to mess with too many things and WD to me at least is too important to not have.

I've tried with both downloads and also just the custom bundle (which seems to get me a bit closer as I had more errors when I used the main content download) for CAC and followed Pode's instructions but still no joy and CAC won't load. I suspect I'm missing a step or there is some other dependency.

Get told that CustomUnits, CustomActivatibleEquipment,Colo-VTOL,CustomAmmoCategories didn't load and see these errors in the log:
Warning: Will not load CustomUnits because it's lacking a dependency or has a conflict.
Warning: Will not load CustomActivatableEquipment because it's lacking a dependency or has a conflict.
Warning: Will not load Colo-VTOL because it's lacking a dependency or has a conflict.
Warning: Will not load Custom Ammo Categories because it's lacking a dependency or has a conflict.
CustomComponents
Warning: Manifest specifies file/directory of CCCategories at path disabled test/categories/, but it's not there. Continuing to load.
Warning: Manifest specifies file/directory of CCDefaults at path disabled test/defaults/, but it's not there. Continuing to load.
Loaded assembly CustomComponents (v1.0.0.0)
Invoking 'Control.Init(String directory, String settingsJSON)' using parameter dictionary

as well as

2019-08-11T10:20:41 FYLS [DEBUG] Could not retrieve member Categories from type CustomComponentSettings
2019-08-11T10:20:41 FYLS [DEBUG] Could not retrieve member TagRestrictions from type CustomComponentSettings
2019-08-11T10:20:41 FYLS [DEBUG] Could not retrieve member BaseRecoveryChance from type CustomComponentSettings

I noticed in mod.json in Custom Ammo Categories it has this line:

"ConflictsWith": [ "WeaponRealizer", "AIM: Attack Improvement Mod", "ScorchedEarth" ],

So I thought the first two were required for CAC but think the third is part of BTX CE?

Very confusing

<edit1> Ok checking the Scorched Earth page at Nexus there is a warning that it is incompatible with CAC. So will try disabling that next and see what happens.

<edit2> Scorched Earth was indeed the problem and once I disabled it (edited mod.json in Scorched Earth folder and set the line "Enabled": true to "Enabled": false) CAC loaded up without problems.

Last edited:
And this is why I should leave the tutorial explanations to Edmon. Sorry guys, I forgot several of the steps that were involved. Editing the post now.

I have been in touch with 7Star via PM's on Discord

Last edited:
And this is why I should leave the tutorial explanations to Edmon. Sorry guys, I forgot several of the steps that were involved. Editing the post now.

good i hope you all can get working version out there for all the non-codie types to use.

WD really hits the spot for weapons flavour.

Write me a list of steps and I can always produce a guide for you :).

Also, I always forget steps in first recordings, if it makes you feel any better... :D

Forgot yet another step, edited instructions post.

*Now go into the Custom Components mod.json and set TestEnableAllTags to false, otherwise blacklisted things will spawn in battle very often.

Question for people using CAC with BTX CE. I'm enjoying the differences gained from CAC but I am noticing that shots with lasers now almost pause the action while the beams change colour and eventually die away. Is this normal default behaviour or something likely screwed up at my end? If default can it be adjusted to speed up the process a bit. Literally the beams exist for maybe 10 secs each time a mech fires so if there are 6 plus mechs with predominately laser weapons each turn gets bogged quite a bit.

I quite like the effect but just find it too slow to reasonably represent laser weapons.