• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

moscal

Field Marshal
55 Badges
Jan 6, 2012
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Victoria 2
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • 500k Club
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
New topic, because former co-worker (and author of old topic) is no longer working with me on this mod.

6B7C306E34318095BC96AADEB46157F7F5D0D4DC

Short story of mod
Defenders of pagans have very weak content. Reformation was based on imperialism and great conquests. Everything was flat and bland. So I, and my co-worker, started work with mod for slavic pagan world.

First problem was lore. Historical concepts were very different. Some historians have said that Slavic paganism did not exist at all and that the Slavs were atheists at all. Others say it was paganism like a Greek only barbaric and with other names. Still others wrote pseudoscientific theories of cosmic origin. So it was usually a boring or senseless lore. Finally, I found the concept of "cooperation of dualism". In brief - there are good and evil forces; as alone forces are too weak so must work together. Therefore was eg. in Polish there is a saying "Bogu świeczkę, diabłu ogarek" (candle for God, taper for Devil; latin equivalent uni sacrificio, ut prosit, alteri, ne noceat). For similar reasons the Teutonic Knights accused the Slavs of being evil Christians (to them it was the sacrifice for devil).

So we have now theological foundation for the upgrade of slavic religion. But why slavic powers should be interested in the Reformation? Here the answer gives the Toynbee philosophy about civilizations - change and challenge. Old world go to collapse, so the balance of divine forces was shaken. Why? Because the evil forces conspire to increase their influences and powers. Slavs should support the forces of good to save the world. This is motor for reformation.

Negative answer automatically appears - why this is conspiracy of evil forces, if main rivals (Abrahamic religions) promote goodness, brightness, etc.? Or maybe changes is fiction at all? This is source for heresies.

We had a concept so we started working on scripts. The first goal was to change the Reformation. Second great number of events, decisions and other stuffs. We have released several beta versions, they have good popularity. But still had many bugs, content was not too diverse, etc.

Now this version is very good, playable and interesting.

Features
  • Reformation change - you can do reform without waging war! New event-decision system is based on skills, technology and luck. You must successfully implement three reforms - https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd....482/17ACFCA58E33102A4F5EA9556BAEAC15B2CAD522/
    • Due to changes in recent patches one-button-reformation still work :( For better fun, I suggest ignoring its existence, to times when I will be able to turn it off again
  • Great number of events, decisions etc. - ~400 events (random and triggereds; before reformation and after reformation; as tribe and non-tribe); 20 decisions (with interactions); 9 traits; few building; many modifiers; few artifacts
  • New government flavors - new sub-governments (like a tribal federation) have own events and decisions. Currently most focus on tribal governments.
  • New society - Neuri. Warriors, that cultivate the ancient traditions of the wolf folk.
  • New society - Vampire Ring. Illegal society focuses on seeking eternal life by study of vampirism.
  • System similar to antipopes. Have problem with official religious head? Create own!
  • New heresies with own content - heresies are not empty religions. They have their own set of events, decisions and a few quasi-mechanics. Heresies also make more problems because they can start riots even if the religious situation seems to be under control.
  • Slavic Coat of Arms as separate mod
  • Frequent updates - I don't forget about this mod and every few months I introduce novelties. Also I will modernize this mod for new patches
Plans on future
  • Societes mechanism - I have some ideas, others than the copy of default societes.
  • Sub-governments for non-tribes - changes in religion brings changes in community. There should be some unique only for feudal or republic Slavs
  • More content for heresies - most of the stuff is for the mainstream; heresies in this mod are more interesting than most of native game, but still (for me) are not enough
  • Migrations - in early medieval pressure Slavic tribes was big. I would like to introduce in early game a similar mechanism (barbarian slavic tribes do non-controllable settlement in other province)
  • Foreign missionary - some other unreformed pagans should be interested in the adoption of new Slavic faith. I have a few ideas on how to do this, but I have to make many experiments.
  • Wandering persons in non-Slavic countries - If the King of France can have a Jewish master, a eunuch from India, Africa etc. why shouldn't have possibility to employ a Slavic person? These people should also have their own events.
  • Changes in cultures - division slavic cultures into primitive, medieval and modern cultures; everyone with their own content (events, modifiers etc.). Probably as a separate mod.
  • General events, decisions, artifacts, etc. - all that is too general or small to signify as separate point ;)
Steam site
Main mod
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=739950604
Coat of Arms
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1119964879

Submod to compatibility with "Rise of Islam" (not actual version can be)
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1382159749&searchtext=

Screenshots

2A5E3F761DAA20C0DE049C306EE5DEFD4D2E12DC
Event for heresy
C9BEC786C028B58E67C51E1AC28D9BC434092A38
Event for heresy
FD0152C42C6F8B6400CEA285903786CDD970F184
58DEA412B493EB393CD72BE63118A34A1CC66AB5
AB85C12682A26036DA52B5104DBAB0606941194B
BA9DD330E76BF787FFAF6E299904162174836FF4
76F7F5A8E900498842B103E1779203259E06D7C2
EAD5BEB7D8010AE097522C276A6371074064BAC3
322CE1FA88CEB830EA0A503CCB7888A5A762BDA9
A9F56A867F188A766B2F434D0386843CE6E706AB
83DD5C519F9B1E531912ABC35C49627F9F173730

Last edited:
This really looks promising!
I have pondered the thought of playing a slavic/romuva/somuesko tribe for some time now and you are making the decision between those three much easier.
Since I am a devoted HIPler (with frequent glances to CK+), I really hope it truly works out.
Man, if someone made the effort to do a mod similiar to your scope for the other pagans above, you could all compilate some kind of unofficial TOG 2. A cooperation with "Ascent of the Hrafn" could be a start. One must dream ... ;)

Last edited:
Man, if someone made the effort to do a mod similiar to your scope for the other pagans above, you could all compilate some kind of unofficial TOG 2. A cooperation with "Ascent of the Hrafn" could be a start. One must dream ... ;)
Unfortunately but hype on non-norse pagans is weak. Ergo I think there will still be niche projects.

Interesthing Mod good sor and hope it in the future become something much more greatier than it it's at the moment. Btw do you have a link for the mod files that isn't Steamworkshop ? (I have the game but I never manage to find the folder where workshop mods are stored)

Interesthing Mod good sor and hope it in the future become something much more greatier than it it's at the moment. Btw do you have a link for the mod files that isn't Steamworkshop ? (I have the game but I never manage to find the folder where workshop mods are stored)
Deleted

Last edited:
Two things:

1. Please, please, please cut down on the MTTH (mean time to happen) for the "men with hammers hit the ground after it rains" event, my god, it fires every few months and takes a huuuuuuuge amount of gold each time, its a few years worth, and keeps driving me into bankruptcy because it fires. all. the. time. Many of the events, I feel, trigger way too often, but at -70 to 80 gold each, I've seen it fire 3-4 times a year before, and thats just crazy.

2. Does your court chaplain get sacrificed to the gods if you do the first reformation step, or was that a cooncidence?

3. The link to this mod in the "list of mods" sticky links to the old thread, if that wasn't intentional you might want to let them know.

Last edited:
1. Please, please, please cut down on the MTTH (mean time to happen) for the "men with hammers hit the ground after it rains" event, my god, it fires every few months and takes a huuuuuuuge amount of gold each time, its a few years worth, and keeps driving me into bankruptcy because it fires. all. the. time. Many of the events, I feel, trigger way too often, but at -70 to 80 gold each, I've seen it fire 3-4 times a year before, and thats just crazy.
Impossible! This event can have place ONLY in July and August, and event give for capital timer-for-heretical-event. I have 2 full campaign and frequency of heretical events is not destructive. You had to change something.

2. Does your court chaplain get sacrificed to the gods if you do the first reformation step, or was that a cooncidence?
Pure gameplay mechanism. It slows down the reformation pace.

3. The link to this mod in the "list of mods" sticky links to the old thread, if that wasn't intentional you might want to let them know.
Ok

All I can say is, I do tinker with mods on occasion, but have not tinkered with THIS mod at all. And it just happened twice in one year, and right now, its September. Each time, it took ~2 years worth of gold. Perhaps something with the new patch?

It's because it sets a flag on the county, but can happen to any county in your dememse at any point during the year. I have a savegame and screen shot, but can't send moscal a pm to send him a link.

Last edited:
Bad news - because Pdx changed the reformation mechanism in scripts, I can not currently disable the normal reformation for the Slavs (main point of this mod).

I hope that the old situation will be restored. Otherwise, my mod will be incompatible with others mods (de facto - mod will be dead).

Update.

*New society - Neuri. Warriors,that cultivate the ancient traditions of the wolf folk.
*Mechanism similar to antipopes
*"Child of Chors" - weak, stupid or sicky childs can be buffed, but he haven't the right to inherit
*Few rebalances
*Due to changes in recent patches one-button-reformation still work :( For better fun, I suggest ignoring its existence, to times when I will be able to turn it off again