• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Greetings all!!

Summer is upon us, so updates et al will be more 'Spartan'.
:cool:

Thanks for your interest!
:D

Tribolute said:
You'll only be wearing underwear and a cape while updating :confused:
:( :( :( :( :(

Not exactly my idea of 'Spartan'! :p

Though it is hot now and I have put the air conditioner on in the computer room. But it is rather my spending much more time outside doing projects.

Yukala,

just to let you know I am still hanging around. Am busy movinng house now, but would love to help test this baby when you feel ready to give it a go.

I think Polonesia is a nice country - mostly south sea islands Tonga, Fiji, Solomons etc.

Also The Celts - Welsh, Irish, Scots, Basques to name a few.

Basques aren't celts :p

Thanks guys am moving along fine.

Good ideas too.

Just taking a break from unloading pick-up loads of farm fertilizer (read manure ;) ) for the gardens. This is load 4 I believe. Just love the weather here now!!

I have good news about how the mod is going, a matter of fact have made great progress, just have not posted updates.

And this thread inspired to take a new look at the AI whole for vanilla scenarios etc. And I think I go this direction long-term.

As DD:Arm cements to perfection, (next patch or so) I will write a complete AI scheme for it that will also accomodate my mods and still run 'all' vanilla mods.

That so USA and UK will act as I want them to. :cool: oh and all the rest of the countries for that matter. Now that I mostly figured and proved it all out AI wise. I guess that is what 21/2 years of work can do.

;)

So can you be a bit more detailed?

GeneralHannibal said:
So can you be a bit more detailed?

General outline.

Actually I am 'not' inspired 'enough' via that USA AI thread just to out do any others. Though there is plenty of frustration there.

I have lately split Risk Battle Mod 5 into three scenarios and may end of being five different ones.

With that I am piece-meal building AI routines to accomodate this. Same with other files and events.

What I notice is, that around the forums, a lot of mods get started or get done without any work done to the AI to handle the scenario.

What be handy is a modified AI scheme that has archtypical personalities that can be chosen. Three different personalities are generally all that is necessary.

They can all reside in the AI folder/switch folder and the first call can be added into each inc. country file for each scenario.

======

That said, I think the vanilla or any scenario AI need first have a basic set-up for players that play historical or as per mod design.

And then IF the player commences to play out of the norm or a'historical then the AI need be 'unfettered' to play likewise. And even again be switched to 'eliminate the player' if the player pushes hard, like a 'battle-scenario'.

Just some ideas since my efforts are shaping up generally in this direction anyways.

What do you mean you've split the RBM into 3/5 scenarios? Will they be re-integrated in the end? What are the differences?

GeneralHannibal said:
What do you mean you've split the RBM into 3/5 scenarios? Will they be re-integrated in the end? What are the differences?

Well, I was thinking to keep that part 'under wraps' for awhile.

Clone then swap and change might be a better description than 'split'. Each, are of the whole world complete.

Yukala said:
Well, I was thinking to keep that part 'under wraps' for awhile.

Clone then swap and change might be a better description than 'split'. Each, are of the whole world complete.

What are the differences?

You can PM me, as I will keep my libs seeled an could provide a good human beta-tester seeing how difficult things are ;).

GeneralHannibal said:
What are the differences?

You can PM me, as I will keep my libs seeled an could provide a good human beta-tester seeing how difficult things are ;).

Will do.

Just a note, but for me the UPA's flags and shields have always been messed up. Might just be me, but you should check on it.

GeneralHannibal said:
Just a note, but for me the UPA's flags and shields have always been messed up. Might just be me, but you should check on it.

Ya, those are getting swapped out.

Gormadoc said:
Whats the status on making it less slow. Beta 4 was near standstill for my pathetic PC. :eek:o

In the short term:

Update to save computer resources:

Here is the info for saving computer processing.

Open 'GFX' folder, open units folder therein, rename 'units' to 'units_old' and create a new 'units' folder, in it place one sprite like "T-BATTLESHIP A-FIRE etc." into the newly made 'units' folder.

Secondly go to the settings file on bottom and change the '1' to '0' on the second line where it says #MUSIC.
Also go to the sfx folder and rename the 'wave' folder to 'wave_old'.

This should disable sprites from loading and sound/music from playing.
===================

In the long-term I have been 'redesigning', the so OOB and number of independant AI is kept at a pace underneath high load.

Yukala said:
In the short term:

Update to save computer resources:

Here is the info for saving computer processing.

Open 'GFX' folder, open units folder therein, rename 'units' to 'units_old' and create a new 'units' folder, in it place one sprite like "T-BATTLESHIP A-FIRE etc." into the newly made 'units' folder.

Secondly go to the settings file on bottom and change the '1' to '0' on the second line where it says #MUSIC.
Also go to the sfx folder and rename the 'wave' folder to 'wave_old'.

This should disable sprites from loading and sound/music from playing.
===================
yea i allready am doing that in all my various hoi2 installs. Was a bit surprised when i first tried it how greatly it increased speed. I think i will need to upgrade my amount of ram to be able to play this mod. :eek:o