• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Sounds interesting. Will the player be able to differentiate between the various pirate nations?

GeneralHannibal said:
Sounds interesting. Will the player be able to differentiate between the various pirate nations?

Have not fully experimented with it yet to know. Keeping the player in the dark is generally preferrable? :D ;)

Hey, since you are my #1 feedback poster, I will line you up a 'you only' pre-beta as soon as it is a little more useful cause I got more the of 'guts' in it.

If you can do a whopping AAR and not reveal the files or their inner workings. :D

Yukala said:
Have not fully experimented with it yet to know. Keeping the player in the dark is generally preferrable? :D ;)

Hey, since you are my #1 feedback poster, I will line you up a 'you only' pre-beta as soon as it is a little more useful cause I got more the of 'guts' in it.

If you can do a whopping AAR and not reveal the files or their inner workings. :D
YAY :) :D

I won't be able to do an AAR, since the Hannibal one is planned to be a trilogy, and I'd like the final one to be with a fully-polished BETA5. Also, I need to work on my mongol AAR :eek:o. But I may have "mini-AARs" where I publish individual revolts and campaigns ;). The sooner the better though :cool:

GeneralHannibal said:
YAY :) :D

I won't be able to do an AAR, since the Hannibal one is planned to be a trilogy, and I'd like the final one to be with a fully-polished BETA5. Also, I need to work on my mongol AAR :eek:o. But I may have "mini-AARs" where I publish individual revolts and campaigns ;). The sooner the better though :cool:

Ah, that will work too, and Hannibal what is he doing now? I am still a ways off despite making goodly progress. Amazing how doing one thing leads to another and another and another.......

:cool:

And there are a few others around patiently waiting no doubt.

What a wonderful idea! 'a fully-polished BETA5', even I can get excited about what that is going look like!
:D

Yukala said:
Ah, that will work too, and Hannibal what is he doing now? I am still a ways off despite making goodly progress. Amazing how doing one thing leads to another and another and another.......

:cool:

And there are a few others around patiently waiting no doubt.

What a wonderful idea! 'a fully-polished BETA5', even I can get excited about what that is going look like!

Currently he is in "watcher" custody, but that may change...

Also, can you please make it possible for the player to be "the watchers" or pirates/guilds.

GeneralHannibal said:
Currently he is in "watcher" custody, but that may change...

Also, can you please make it possible for the player to be "the watchers" or pirates/guilds.

I was wondering about that, probably would be really good for multi-player.

Yukala said:
I was wondering about that, probably would be really good for multi-player.
I never even thought of MP...

*drools*

Risk Battle Mod 5 update:

Some days just leave you feeling like your working in a big circle. :wacko:

Having made a long series of adjustments and changes to sea, air and land combat, partisan levels and occupying rates etc. As more and more of what the AI can do is proved out, they need be bit more durable. As more is also required of each by the others.

The new design ideas will take their toll as well.

So I am going over the game board base configuration resorting IC layouts and resources so they are spread more eveningly and also collected nicely in urban centers of which there are many throughout the world reflecting a more modern time layout, though still starting with early WW2 armaments.

Got through a lot of Asia and Europe. I am also strengthening a little many of these countries IC base because they are still going to get hammered hard will often need it.

Interesting. I assume the IC will be balanced for revolts as well?

GeneralHannibal said:
Interesting. I assume the IC will be balanced for revolts as well?

You know that idea of game balance is very interesting to consider. I have a test game going now that in four years hands-off the world has taken shape much where Amageddon starts off.

So, when do you hit these countries with revolts? Before well over half have dissappeared? Or after these survivors now conquerers sprawl across the planet?

I guess need to review more carefully the game objectives. What a player is really wanting to experience.

You can by event just make big titans early on or just keep picking on anyone who gets big.

Some things to wonder about; it plays nice right now without any revolts. (all revolts are disabled right now for testing purposes)

Or you could make it change every game, or spread it out, to keep the player on their toes ;).

GeneralHannibal said:
Or you could make it change every game, or spread it out, to keep the player on their toes ;).

Ya I will cook up something nice. :D

But what is so elusive is useful (from my perspective) well defined triggers.

Yukala said:
Ya I will cook up something nice. :D

But what is so elusive is useful (from my perspective) well defined triggers.

Could you do it randomly? Like 1/3 games it happens in the beginning, 1/3 later, and 1/3 all the time?

GeneralHannibal said:
Could you do it randomly? Like 1/3 games it happens in the beginning, 1/3 later, and 1/3 all the time?

Yes, but it will be a little more sophisticated than that. :cool:

I want some rhyme and reason for the things that happen and hopefully some of it tied to human action and behavior 'after' the game is afoot. This is the 'why' of wanting more triggers each of my own liking.

Got any influence on the Game Gods of Thunder?

Screaming-Eagle said:
This going to be out soon? Can't wait :D

Well yes and no. Yes relative to how long it has taken to get this far and 'no' relative to the number of weeks yet remaining; mostly because I am treading on new ground so much.

But much thanks for your interest.

So an aproxomate ETA is... in a few weeks.

Any chance of your "amazingist BETA tester" ;), getting one a bit sooner :D.

GeneralHannibal said:
So an aproxomate ETA is... in a few weeks.

Any chance of your "amazingist BETA tester" ;), getting one a bit sooner :D.

yep!!

Progress notes.

Was still intrigued with AI's holding a 'front'. So I tweaked several AI parameters first one way then another and another, having hit upon an idea from 'watching the AI's in nofog.

As well game resource use is at the 'wall'. I needed to tweak AI leader use to keep 24 hr cloak lag from happening. So the OOB is not to be added to, until nations die or divisions are lost before new ones can be added. But this happens fast and furious so not a problem at all. :D

As to AI's holding a 'front', well it is again much improved. AI France held for long months against five beligerents landing by sea and pushing south, west and north. She held her fronts marvelously and colapsed with dignity over a long spell. :cool: Others around the globe all did likewise.

To do this I have three things dynamic going on. Massive and numerous sea landings, multiple fronts by multiple antogonists and countering attempted armor piercings with great air support. The AI's hold the line by a near complete double front, with high and goodly use of 'reserves' kept one province back from a moving front. And the HQ's are all being used with/in the reserve positions right behind the active front.

Now I am getting more and more curious how a human would assail this pattern. Cause I know they will. :rofl:

Yukala said:

Progress notes.

Was still intrigued with AI's holding a 'front'. So I tweaked several AI parameters first one way then another and another, having hit upon an idea from 'watching the AI's in nofog.

As well game resource use is at the 'wall'. I needed to tweak AI leader use to keep 24 hr cloak lag from happening. So the OOB is not to be added to, until nations die or divisions are lost before new ones can be added. But this happens fast and furious so not a problem at all. :D

As to AI's holding a 'front', well it is again much improved. AI France held for long months against five beligerents landing by sea and pushing south, west and north. She held her fronts marvelously and colapsed with dignity over a long spell. :cool: Others around the globe all did likewise.

To do this I have three things dynamic going on. Massive and numerous sea landings, multiple fronts by multiple antogonists and countering attempted armor piercings with great air support. The AI's hold the line by a near complete double front, with high and goodly use of 'reserves' kept one province back from a moving front. And the HQ's are all being used with/in the reserve positions right behind the active front.

Now I am getting more and more curious how a human would assail this pattern. Cause I know they will. :rofl:

So people don't build units until they've lost some or another comp has died? Won't that help the player?