• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
therev said:
If you were to double starting OOB - and had no Infantry in the build queue - what would the AI default to then? Cav? or Militia?

Seems like an impasse

Well not an impasse but I have just returned home and while away ran yet another test. In this test Infantry que build via the AI was set to ZERO Infantry, however by 1934 all larger countries built many of them.

Get these results.

The AI build has a unit build CAP on all ground units EXCEPT Infantry and Militia.

Can you BELIEVE that ??!!!

So what was happening is that WHEN the AI que'd in a build that would add up to 30 when the build was completed, it rolled the next que to Infantry builds. And every time this was happening with the larger countries earlier and always with all larger countries as the game went into the third year onwards.

So it will only build 30 mountain troops, 30 Armor, 30 Light Armor etc.

So having AI's with 300 divisions will ALWAYS mean piles and piles of Infantry or Militia or both.

Not an impasse, just the facts of game limits.

The question is what do we do with this information. If I give them anymore mountain troops up front in the starting OOB that will simply cut builds down for mountain troops after the game gets going and that que for mountain troops will switch over to Infantry. The only thing that will matter is upgrade, unit loss, repair and experience for everything but Infantry.

We could just give everyone the limit for Mountain, armor, marines etc. and only have the AI build infantry or air or sea units. Just move the build percentages down to battleships for instance.

But I am not done testing as this limit is only one build que; remember there are three AI build que and I had shut down two of them. So now I will go back reset the other two and observe yet again, for I know before the AI's did build beyond 30 per catagory, cause I especially tracked Armor builds.

The next test may prove results that are well enough, yet new ideas can considered.

:D

Yukala said:
The next test may prove results that are well enough, yet new ideas can considered.

Next test; Infantry builds set to zero in all three AI build que for each country.

Test ran six years.
Italy is largest with over a 1000 IC and has plenty of everything including Infantry.
Then Yunnan with near 1000 IC is building mass Infantry. Yunnan is also building battleships and aircraft carriers etc.
Third is Ethopian Empire with 576 IC.
Fourth is Texas with 528 IC.

There is between these four over 750 Infantry divisions. Remember the AI build que is SET to ZERO Infantry builds. Go figure?!!!

They also have over 300 armored divisions between them the four of them.
Over 150 Marines, Mountain and Cavalry each between them all.

So maxing out happens for everything in land builds except Infantry and Militia.

I guess my conclusion is this is a hard-coded WALL.
:eek:

Further conclusion:

This AI build coding is good to go.
And I will add 24 Infantry worldwide to each country to the at start OOB ; for a total of 50 Infantry at start. This will have to last the AI's until they become/if they become mega empires and hit the WALL and commence to build massive Infantry armies. This is estimated to occur generally three to four years out for only the top few.

:D Isn't modding just wonderful ?

Gosh I wonder what this would be like if you 'owned' the company and software and could order up hard-coding changes ?

:cool:

so the AI wont build infantry until the 3rd year. Wow...

GeneralHannibal said:
so the AI wont build infantry until the 3rd year. Wow...

Yes, no infantry builds with these settings and then only if they max out builds for armor, mountain, marines and cavalry.

They will however be faced with keeping their OOB at start Infantry pool up to date in good order. If they don't it will be replaced with militia and they will remain a second rate power.

Note though, an AI first building in those three years 30 light armor, 30 armor, 30 heavy assault (mountain), 30 cavalry, 30 marines and still having whatever stays intact of their 50 at start Infantry will be very strong.

In this last test game the successful AI's were larger faster and more fearsome. Additionally both Air and Sea was stronger.

I think this will be better than just facing AI's game after game with mostly loads or infantry or militia.

I have seen AI armies with 11 armor divisions as one stack. And many with 5 and 6 armor. And other armies with mix of the others. These armies will go through any line, unless the weather is bad and ground muddy.

My idea is to keep the human player in check from exploiting obvious weaknesses, yet have the AI's changable but fearsome over the entire run of the game or at least 10 years game time.

We will all see soon enough I guess.

Risk Battle Mod Beta3 update

Risk Battle Mod Beta3 update:

Have completed adding Infantry to at-start OOB. It is now over 90 ground units each, of which fully 50 are Infantry with AT brigades.

Posted Kanitatlan an advance copy for unit balance analsys.

It was a longer week than expected. I ran tests out each time 5 and 6 years to be sure of results and stability. I do not want to get into a hurry at this late date and risk compromising mod stability.

15 countries out of 55 became strong enough in five years to produce loads of infantry or some more. The rest were minor powers or annexed.

It is the players who will know how much all this changes game play. I have not played it yet this way, however of what I see, starting with such a large army makes it a more furious play all around, plus large specialized AI builds of stronger troops coming very steady throughout the game.

Sincerely,
Yukala

Risk Battle Mod Update:

Risk Battle Mod Update:

Increased the defensive positions of France and Russia.
Change some descriptions as read on game screen

Posted new thread, Risk Battle Mod Theme and Country descriptions.

Need Writers there, see thread.
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=276749

Risk Battle Mod Update:

Risk Battle Mod Update:

Am working with Kanitatlan to sew up some obvious player exploits. :eek: :eek:o

Am adding 150 RiskLeaders to each country with delayed entry dates to better account for countries that make it to mega status by year 1932 game time or year three.

Risk Battle Mod Update:

Risk Battle Mod Update:

I found errors in a few leader files; some with AI play significance. A few country leader numbers overran one another.

Corrected them. :eek: :eek:o

Added 250 each instead of 150.

For an estimated total of 30 thousand leaders worldwide. Only those who survive year upon year will however get access to all 550 leaders (average per country).

Theonlystd said:
So like when can i play?

I saw the AAR about the mod installed Hoi 2 and i cant even play the bloody thing :p

Well, we are now much closer to publishing than we were.

Like days perhaps, but you know how these things can go.

Beta3 is closed.
See main thread here