• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

hildoceras

Fossile en devenir
7 Badges
May 16, 2002
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • For The Glory
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
Hello,

I have been asked by YodaMaster and his friends of the FtG team to lead the beta test part. :cool:

We open the beta test to motivated people.
They need to dedicate their time, to be disciplined, to be able to write reports and to participate to discussions in english - at least at my poor level or the level of the Paradox forum-. :wacko:
Be aware that, even if the game comes from a thoroughly tested previous game, you may have to repeat and repeat the same game over, stoping at every bug, following strict procedures. It may become tedious at time. Patience is required.
Last thing, the Beta process is a commercial secret process, you are to sign a Non Disclosure Agreement keeping all you learn a secret that you are not to publically reveal unless you want to know more about Paradox lawyers and Admins' repression force ;) It also means you need to be over 18yo or at least of age in your country.

The beta test is supposed to begin very soon and to end... there is no end date, but patches and evolutions are to be coded during at least the first half of 2010.
The most intensive part is of course the next weeks until and just after release.

I need to get:
- a short text showing your motivations to be beta tester and your related experiences if any.
- how much time you can dedicate to the test, per week and how long in the next months.
- what is your current configuration: OS, processor, RAM, graphic card, screen size and current resolution
- a current email address.

This is to be posted to me in Personal Message. I will reply a short "Received" a few hours later (unlike YodaMaster, I may have to sleep sometimes).
If your candidature is accepted, YodaMaster will send you by email the Non Disclosure Agreement (NDA) and what you are to do with it.

I hope to read you soon for the beta :)

edit: do think about precising your current configuration: OS, processor, RAM, graphic card, screen size and current resolution! (put it in this order to check ;) )

Tell me too if you usually play in multiplayer, if you are a modder, if you've an experience in balancing the game... anything that may be relevant to the beta tester job.

Last edited:
Good luck to the betatesters. I am mighty tempted, but will probably fail to meet time expectations.

Uh, here goes:

I would like to be a beta tester because I am a big fan of EU2. I like EU3 as well, but they're completely different beasts to me. My favorite mod to play on EU2 is AGCEEP, so I'm excited at the prospect of (mostly) the same team spearheadng an effort to rewrite the old engine. Affter EU3, I felt EU2 felt very limited, mostly in moddability, but in some aspects of gameplay too. So, I want to help make sure any changes to open things up go smoothly.

I can dedicate roughly 6 to 8 hours every week, sometimes more, sometimes less. I can probably do this for the following months, except for exam time in December.

Current configuration:
Windows Vista
Intel Pentium Dual-Core @ 2.16 GHz
3GB RAM
Mobile Intel 945GM Express Chipset
15.4" screen, 1280x800
PNdivinity(at)hotmail.com

Also wished that I had the time to help you guys. :( But will support you by buying the game as soon as it is released instead. :)

SeedSnatcher
Read hildoceras post, you have to send him a private message, left click on his name and you get the obtion. :)

Also wished that I had the time to help you guys. :( But will support you by buying the game as soon as it is released instead. :)
It should be fine then. ;)

And thanks for posting this:
Read hildoceras post, you have to send him a private message, left click on his name and you get the obtion. :)

Not off to a good start, SeedSnatcher. :p

I want to beta test as I've never done it before and I want to give back to the PI community. I have over 6 hours of downtime every day, every week, for months on end due to having a great school schedule. I've done some work on modding in Victoria for personal use as well as some stabs at EU3 stuff.

It would really mean allot to me to get in on this and help ensure that the mess that was HOI3 never happens to players again.

My email address is messedupjoe@hotmail.com

My rig is:

TOSHIBA Notebook
Intel Core 2 Duo P7350 @ 2.00GHz 2.00GHz
RAM 4.00GB
64 bit Op
Vista Home Premium
Resolution at 1440 x 900
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3650

I want to beta test as I've never done it before and I want to give back to the PI community. I have over 6 hours of downtime every day, every week, for months on end due to having a great school schedule. I've done some work on modding in Victoria for personal use as well as some stabs at EU3 stuff.

It would really mean allot to me to get in on this and help ensure that the mess that was HOI3 never happens to players again.

My email address is messedupjoe@hotmail.com

My rig is:

TOSHIBA Notebook
Intel Core 2 Duo P7350 @ 2.00GHz 2.00GHz
RAM 4.00GB
64 bit Op
Vista Home Premium
Resolution at 1440 x 900
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3650

I suggest you send this to hildoceras by PM. Also, I believe the beta testers have been already selected, but who knows, maybe there is some room left.

Good luck to all beta testers! PLEASE, I IMPLORE developers, if it will be any loans in this game, like they were in Europe universalis, then make artificial intelligence to use them somehow. I am sure, that many players doesn't want a dead, unusable for AI stuff.